Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood

What's Hot

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    rlw said:
    You can get a luthier built guitar, more or less, for a similar price to a Mexican strat!

More or less being the crucial part of the sentence.
    Yes being the answer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    edited July 2023
    I wish they wouldn't keep making Jazzmasters with those horrible metal pickguards - I blame Mascis for the BS surrounding metal guards, as he's drawled about them for years (despite using a Tele in the studio - and more gain on stage that you can shake a stick at meaning that he could use *any* guitar and get the same noise). They can make a difference to the tone, but not in a good way IMHO as a JM has a 'clank' on the 'front' of the attack envelope *anyway* and it doesn't need accentuating. 

If they aren't fitting gold metal plates, they are fitting god-awful corned beef ones... stop it, Fender. Offer some decent options with white/parchment/aged white plastics - as they look *so* much better IMHO. Funnily enough, based on the evidence from the Custom Shop right now, most high end customers agree...

(I'll get off my soapbox now)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    impmann said:
    I wish they wouldn't keep making Jazzmasters with those horrible metal pickguards - I blame Mascis for the BS surrounding metal guards, as he's drawled about them for years. They can make a difference to the tone, but not in a good way IMHO as a JM has a 'clank' on the 'front' of the attack envelope *anyway* and it doesn't need accentuating. 

If they aren't fitting gold metal plates, they are fitting god-awful corned beef ones... stop it, Fender. Offer some decent options with white/parchment/aged white plastics - as they look *so* much better IMHO. Funnily enough, based on the evidence from the Custom Shop right now, most high end customers agree...

(I'll get off my soapbox now)
    Suspect it's because there's no USA analogue with a 50s vibe... doing a 60s variant might cannibalise too many sales from the AVIIs and even APIIs to a lesser extent, so they reckoned that by doing the metal-guarded 50s flavour it would offer something different enough that a lot of people will still buy them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    Just how many times can Fender reissue the exact same guitar? It's a strat or a tele etc.. If you have not found a good one by now that suits your requirements, then you either haven't been looking hard enough or you are an overly fussy princess.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    If the leaked prices of these are correct then... wow. €1400 for a Mexican Fender? Ouch. 
    Madness.  There's absolutely no way I would ever pay anything even approaching this for a MIM Fender.  Be interesting to see how well they sell - and how long it'll be before the big retailers are banging them out with a fat discount.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    So. That's 1k for a mex fender, utter madness. 
    You won't get a case either.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Schnozz said:
    So. That's 1k for a mex fender, utter madness. 
    You won't get a case either.
    Ooooft, those Fender molded case is now £150!  I got one during the pandemic for £130.  That's 10% rise as well.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Less than 3 years ago I bought a MIM Roadworn Jazzmaster in shell pink with a matching headstock. Under £1000, just...

Soft case, but AV pickups which are absolutely stunning.

Prices are just getting daft.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    Fender is advertising 20% off Vintera Series on their site currently. Getting ready to purge stock, so should be some big sales soon.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    What makes this different to the previous one, it looks like to be the same spec? 
    Moved away from the dry pau ferro boards.
    So - presumably the maple board ones haven’t changed except for the colours.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Does anyone know what "vintera" means?

I thought it'd be a new offset shape. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • In what parallel universe is €1,200 for a Mexican Strat 'mid priced' ...?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    rlw said:
    You can get a luthier built guitar, more or less, for a similar price to a Mexican strat!

Ha! Yeah, I was gonna say do let me know your luthier lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    In what parallel universe is €1,200 for a Mexican Strat 'mid priced' ...?
    It’s all relative. New Squier Classic Vibes are around £400, American Vintage II are around £2k, CS £4k, so Vintera II looking around £900-£1k isn’t that odd.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    rlw said:

Ian Elson.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    rlw said:

Ian Elson.
    The crucial part of that sentence was “luthier” :D
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 365
    Sporky said:
    Does anyone know what "vintera" means?

I thought it'd be a new offset shape. 
    Amalgamation of "Vintage" and "era". Totally pointless name change of the old classic series.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Ah, thank you.

I'd rather a new offset shape. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited September 2023
    I am my luthier and even the parts alone cost more than these for good grade stuff. That said you can build a zero-compromise instrument for under 2k and that's with basically everything custom-specced.

But these aren't for people like me who know what they want (and what works...), and where to get the parts and how to put it together really properly to create a great instrument.  These are for folks who want a e.g. red Tele that looks a bit like an old one without paying AV or CS money - and have zero hassle.

My biggest issue is honestly just the name Vintera II is just a bizarre bit of naming that's trying to sound retro-futuristic but doesn't land for me at all. 

As for the 50's JM question, they don't even have maple fretboards which is very odd. A full-maple JM with a single-ply white guard could actually be quite a neat little instrument. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Sporky said:
    Ah, thank you.

I'd rather a new offset shape. 

That'll be the Futurama 
                          Rita Ora
                            Meteora.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 169
    edited August 2023
    I like my Vintera Jazzmaster very much but then I paid £600 for it second hand only a month or 2 back. £1000 plus is madness. Fenders laurels are flattened.
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    WYNIR0 said:
    I like my Vintera Jazzmaster very much but then I paid £600 for it second hand only a month or 2 back. £1400 is madness. Fenders laurels are flattened.
    Where did £1400 come from? I’ve just searched and seen American Vintage II Jazzmasters for £1,699.
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 169
    WYNIR0 said:
    I like my Vintera Jazzmaster very much but then I paid £600 for it second hand only a month or 2 back. £1400 is madness. Fenders laurels are flattened.
    Where did £1400 come from? I’ve just searched and seen American Vintage II Jazzmasters for £1,699.
    Sorry, thought I'd read that earlier in the thread, but it was £1,200. I know when I was looking Guitar Guitar were doing the Vintera Tele Deluxes for £1,100 or thereabouts.  I'll edit my post

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 128
    Offset said:
    rlw said:

Ian Elson.
    I’ve just been on Ancoats Guitars site and I could buy their NQ ‘Stage’ model, choose between humbuckers and P90s or a combination of, body colour and pickguard and then spec a completely handmade neck to go with the handmade body and it will cost £1200. Just to say it’s possible! 
  • Makes my Vintera in the classifieds sound even more of a bargain imo
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Yeah. I got my Classic Series Tele a few months ago for the price of a new Squier.
    That is good to hear (from my perspective at least!)

I would like a Jag at some point, and I don't really mind what dark wood is used in the fretboard. However it seems that there might be a premium put on the rosewood fretboards which may spill over to the second hand market.

I have a Squier Bass VI (which I think is laurel or pau ferro) and after a bit of treatment it both looks and feels lovely. It was a little dry when I got it but it is fine now

The first time I ever came across Pau ferro I think was a Suhr guitar of someone who I shared a bill with - that guitar played really well so I haven't had a problem with these other woods 
  • These appear to be, erm, appearing online now. 

There's a few on Reverb from various international sellers. Cheaper than I was expecting, some seem to be sub £1000. 

• I noticed there’s a Nocaster, that’s a nice addition.
  • These appear to be, erm, appearing online now. 

There's a few on Reverb from various international sellers. Cheaper than I was expecting, some seem to be sub £1000. 

Probably because anything international on reverb is quoted up to checkout as an Ex. VAT price now. So whack another 20% on probably taking you close to the rumoured £1199 p*ss take price! Buy used!