Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ThorpyFX Special Projects - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

ThorpyFX Special Projects

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• pedalo said:
    It looks like some kind of toy bullet I had as a kid that was bright orange. Or maybe I’m imagining it. 
    This classic??

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    edited August 2023
    pedalo said:
    It looks like some kind of toy bullet I had as a kid that was bright orange. Or maybe I’m imagining it. 
    This classic??

Haha I don’t think that is actually what I was thinking of but it’s a great find!

What I’m thinking of was probably more of a dart or something but with a rounded end similar to that but maybe metal. It was a lot smaller. I can clearly picture it but no idea what it was from. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    pedalo said:
    pedalo said:
    This classic??

Haha I don’t think that is actually what I was thinking of but it’s a great find!

What I’m thinking of was probably more of a dart or something but with a rounded end similar to that but maybe metal. It was a lot smaller. I can clearly picture it but no idea what it was from. 
    Didn't you put caps in the end and then throw it in the air so it would make a loud bang when it landed and his the cap?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    pedalo said:
    pedalo said:
    This classic??

In hindsight, perhaps ToyPedo isn't the best name for something for kids to play with...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited August 2023
    Hattigol said:
    pedalo said:
    pedalo said:
    This classic??

In hindsight, perhaps ToyPedo isn't the best name for something for kids to play with...
    Their first version was a mini Jimmy Saville doll!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    soma1975 said:
    pedalo said:
    pedalo said:
    This classic??

Didn't you put caps in the end and then throw it in the air so it would make a loud bang when it landed and his the cap?
    Now that rings a bell too!
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    Not sure we're getting any nearer cracking the cryptic clue here... 

I did have one of those cap missiles though, great fun. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    Cap rockets!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    So we think Special Project 1 is the Thorpyfx 'Cap Rocket' ? I dunno... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • So we think Special Project 1 is the Thorpyfx 'Cap Rocket' ? I dunno... 
    Yep, you stomp...it triggers a cap sample. One knob for 'cap vintage' selection.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Yep, you stomp...it triggers a cap sample. One knob for 'cap vintage' selection.
    Take my money now. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    i hope it doesn't blow up the caps. single use pedals.....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1486
    ThorpyFX said:
    i hope it doesn't blow up the caps. single use pedals.....
    Brings a whole new perspective to the 'tone cap' discussion threads ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    m_c said:
    @MrSwanson so you'd like to see this image?

How dare you ;-)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • Hattigol said:
    pedalo said:
    pedalo said:
    This classic??

And if you ARE going to call it ToypPedo, you'd better be extra careful with the artwork. I mean, LOOK at it! I CRIED when I saw this!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    We are covering all the important topics in the Thorpy's release thread. Love it! 

I say it was a hijack but that poor kid has clearly been through enough already. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    m_c said:
    Cap rockets!

Amazing work! I think it must’ve been these I was thinking of. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Lebarque said:
    m_c said:
     SP1 update  =)  

Northrop Tacit Blue

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Tacit_Blue
    Is that a relative of the Norwegian Blue? ✈️
    edited October 2023
    SP1

SP2

And the colour for all

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:
    SP1

SP2

And the colour for all

Thanks for sharing, just to let you know that enclosure is pre oven...  so the paint looks matt. once baked in the oven it goes glossy and smooth... just thought the pre-oven shot would intrigue. especially as its being sprayed in front of the water curtain.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:

Thanks for sharing, just to let you know that enclosure is pre oven...  so the paint looks matt. once baked in the oven it goes glossy and smooth... just thought the pre-oven shot would intrigue. especially as its being sprayed in front of the water curtain.

I guessed that that was pre-baked powder coat.

I do like your use of the low res images to tease us :)
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:
    ThorpyFX said:

I guessed that that was pre-baked powder coat.

I do like your use of the low res images to tease us :)
    in all honesty... that was a  choice. basically the person who took the pictures used a potato as a camera but... i decided that it was actually very useful in keeping things a little mysterious

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    Excitement is building!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/