Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ThorpyFX Special Projects - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

ThorpyFX Special Projects

What's Hot

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    edited July 2023
    ThorpyFX said:
    I’m a bit confused. So one pays a choice of three digit figures upfront but have no idea what one will get? I think I’m out lol 
    Even if you knew what the pedal is, (and i don't mean this to be mean) im sure you wouldn't describe yourself as an early adopter, more of a watch 20 videos type and then make a decision. But.... thats ok because we are all different and you get to see what they all are on the day they launch.
    Not an early adopter at all. Demos don’t do it for me either though. If I have a use for it then I buy anything though. That’s key for me. I have to know what it is to know that. 

No doubt they’ll be awesome still though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I’m a big Thorpyfx fanboi….but even I couldn’t take the plunge without knowing which one I’d stumped up for….I know I wouldn’t have lost money but I thought I’d leave it to those who wanted it the most….I’ll consider my options later no doubt  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 162
    TimmyO said:
    I propose a budget, cut price, watered down range

Territorial Drive
    Territorial Chorus
    Etc
    Could then have mini ones with delusions of grandeur...

Cadet Drive... etc
    SA80. Made up of all the cheapest parts. Put together backwards. Special circuit that detects its mid gig then cuts out. Self ejecting power source. You could really go to town on it. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 162
    TimmyO said:
    I propose a budget, cut price, watered down range

Territorial Drive
    Territorial Chorus
    Etc
    Could then have mini ones with delusions of grandeur...

Cadet Drive... etc
    SA80. Made up of all the cheapest parts. Put together backwards. Special circuit that detects its mid gig then cuts out. Self ejecting power source. You could really go to town on it. 
    Followed up with a limited edition, SA80-A2 upgrade kit which would fix all the issues and everyone declare it is actually a really good pedal after all. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1486
    I have the new ER-2, received yesterday but no chance to plug in yet. (Day trip to catch some mackerel with my boys). I have a collection of Adrians other pedals, and Im slightly ashamed to say they've all been purchased used. Ashamed because Im spending cash (including on the now tricky to find Muffroom and Chain Home) on pedals that ThorpyFX aren't receiving profit from - yes from the original sale, but not my purchase.
    Adrian always seems happy to chat (at the Birmingham show), and offer advice here. In other words most definitely one of the good guys. The fact that i've enjoyed playing any of his pedals that I have through an amp has left me with the distinct impression I like the Thorpy 'house tone'. I trust that he knows how to put a circuit together and that whatever it is, I'll like it.
    So alongside my new ER-2, i placed an order for a pedal i know nothing about. And i quite chuffed about it too :)

Adam
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    edited July 2023
    Yeah to be honest Thorpy pedals always seem to be on another tier to most others. The Boneyard is stunning and works so well with the ER2. 

I know exactly what you mean - I have felt like there is a house tone having played about 5 thorpy pedals. Hard to describe but really polished and high end. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 486
    roberty said:
    DoctorX said:
    Speculation: my guess (based on nothing more than the mention of “germanium” makes me think of Hendrix) would be that the first 2 possibly fuzz face or Octavia (perhaps even treble booster?). The 3-in-1 maybe a fuzz face/Octavia/univibe thing similar to a captain coconut?
    Machine Gun
    Please be so. A true Octavia fuzz is the only way to get the grit on Axis: bold as love. Hats off to @roberty for naming it Machine Gun. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    Post in thread 'What is this Thorpy pedal on Chris Buck's pedalboard?'
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/what-is-this-thorpy-pedal-on-chris-bucks-pedalboard.2482675/post-37330825

Posted this pic over at TGP. Do we think maybe it’s a pre-release special project? The mentioned Chris Buck sig? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    pt22 said:
    Post in thread 'What is this Thorpy pedal on Chris Buck's pedalboard?'
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/what-is-this-thorpy-pedal-on-chris-bucks-pedalboard.2482675/post-37330825

Posted this pic over at TGP. Do we think maybe it’s a pre-release special project? The mentioned Chris Buck sig? 
    Line 6 Spider Insane Channel emulation in a pedal.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    all sold out. 

whens the big reveal then?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    sgosden said:
    all sold out. 

whens the big reveal then?
    As soon as they are good to ship.... well, as soon as they are in the hands of people. im just putting everything in place at the moment. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1486
    Im rather looking forward to mine :)
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 874
    Respectfully, it seems to me that doing it this way is actually encouraging flipping.

Those people with £££s of spare cash can afford to pre-order every one of these and know they will at least get their money back, and probably a nice profit. They don't have to be fans, loyal customers, or even guitarists - just people with spare cash.

No-one doubts that these pedals will be of the highest quality, but we all have our list of types of pedals we like and would buy vs. the list of pedals we don't and wouldn't, and therefore doubly cannot afford to take a punt.

Then, all of us who love what you do and might indeed stretch ourselves to find the cash to buy one (or more) pedal that we really like the sound of, can't afford to just punt on a guess alone, so will end up paying a mark-up to the aforementioned moneybags.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    Gadget said:
    Respectfully, it seems to me that doing it this way is actually encouraging flipping.

Those people with £££s of spare cash can afford to pre-order every one of these and know they will at least get their money back, and probably a nice profit. They don't have to be fans, loyal customers, or even guitarists - just people with spare cash.

No-one doubts that these pedals will be of the highest quality, but we all have our list of types of pedals we like and would buy vs. the list of pedals we don't and wouldn't, and therefore doubly cannot afford to take a punt.

Then, all of us who love what you do and might indeed stretch ourselves to find the cash to buy one (or more) pedal that we really like the sound of, can't afford to just punt on a guess alone, so will end up paying a mark-up to the aforementioned moneybags.

I could be wrong but from what is written on the website I think that there will be versions of these pedals available to buy in the normal way, after the pre-sale. So if you want to wait and see, should be possible to order one at regular price later on rather than from someone trying to flip a pre-sale one (albeit without the free t-shirt or whatever)

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    Gadget said:

The people with money can use their money to make money ? 

Welcome to capitalism . 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Gadget said:

Those people with £££s of spare cash can afford to pre-order every one of these and know they will at least get their money back, and probably a nice profit. They don't have to be fans, loyal customers, or even guitarists - just people with spare cash...
    It's okay, you have to submit a video of you playing the 'Smoke on the Water' riff using a Muffroom Cloud when checking out.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Gadget said:

HI, that wasnt my intent. But i can explain a little bit how i hope (at least) to have mitigated this issue. Firstly, the Secret Project offerings weren't advertised. they weren't on the main part of my website either so the only way to have found out about them was A) to have seen it on my facebook group and/Or B) stumbled across it on my website. 

Here's the deal though, although we are making 20Xsp1, 20xsp2 and 10xsp3. these are the first Tranche of what will be a slightly larger number in the main run. 

These will be available worldwide at selected dealers and once they are gone.... that will be that.  I am excited for these to hit the shelves, i am enjoying making them and hopefully those that want to play them will be able to get one. unfortunately though im sure some will be flipped, that sadly is how it goes. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    @ThorpyFX is the pic of the carbon housing part of these SP's, or from something totally different?
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:
    @ThorpyFX is the pic of the carbon housing part of these SP's, or from something totally different?
    They were from a charity run I did last year. We made 5 and sold them to raise money for two children’s charities that had helped save the lives of all three of my children. 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1391
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:
    They were from a charity run I did last year. We made 5 and sold them to raise money for two children’s charities that had helped save the lives of all three of my children. 
    I feel for you there.  To have that happen for all three of your children must be hard.  If ever you do something like that again for charity, I would love to help you.  Unfortunately, I'm not a Facebook or social media person, so I missed these special projects. 
     SP1 update  =)  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    Cool. I have no Idea what the picture is though. Some kind of duck-billed rocket. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    It looks like some kind of toy bullet I had as a kid that was bright orange. Or maybe I’m imagining it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    It's an unmanned submarine explosive 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:
    It's an unmanned submarine explosive 
    ...costing £6k
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    The Dildo with wings pedal!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    m_c said:
     SP1 update  =)  

Northrop Tacit Blue

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Tacit_Blue
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Lebarque said:
    m_c said:
     SP1 update  =)  

Northrop Tacit Blue

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Tacit_Blue
    great knowledge

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    SP2 image:

Kinda wish I'd ordered 3 too!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    @MrSwanson so you'd like to see this image?