Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ThorpyFX Special Projects - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

ThorpyFX Special Projects

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I think it's inevitable that anything high quality and with limited availability will lead to frustration. Danocaster has flipped business models umpteen times trying to find a balance.

That said, personally I'm not super keen to put money down on something that I don't even know what it is, though I'll be there on day 1 (with push notifications on my emails!) if anything appeals. I'm assuming these are going to be mostly fuzz-oriented in any case, which isn't my #1 wheelhouse
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Lots of cool military themed names for secret pedals.

Have Blue
    Aurora
    Rail Gun

And there can never be enough things in the world called "Sea Viper".
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Have Blue
    Aurora
    Rail Gun

I'm calling it now...

Introducing the new ThorpyFX "Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams" :D 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader

Have Blue
    Aurora
    Rail Gun

I'm calling it now...

Introducing the new ThorpyFX "Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams" :D 
    Nailed it!!  ;) 

but I get your point about not putting money down on stuff that’s not been fully declared. But that’s what the (albeit) limited main run will be about.

This concept is both a fun way to make the main run happen and an opportunity for people to get in early. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    The way I see it, is anything limited edition from Thorpy isn't likely to devalue.

Out of the limited edition pedals I've bought, I'm pretty sure I could make a profit on every one of them should I decide to sell them.
    Somewhat ironically, the one I'm most tempted to sell as i just personally cant find a good tone with, is the one everybody else seems to love and would probably make me the most 'profit'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Fuck it, I promised I'd not say anything but it's a MetalZone clone.

There you are.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    m_c said:
    The way I see it, is anything limited edition from Thorpy isn't likely to devalue.

Out of the limited edition pedals I've bought, I'm pretty sure I could make a profit on every one of them should I decide to sell them.
    Somewhat ironically, the one I'm most tempted to sell as i just personally cant find a good tone with, is the one everybody else seems to love and would probably make me the most 'profit'.
    This of course is the other side to it. 

Question is which one(s) am I most likely to like without any other intel. That's almost the bigger issue! 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Gassage said:
    Fuck it, I promised I'd not say anything but it's a MetalZone clone.

There you are.
    Germanium metal zone \m/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I used to be indecisive….now I’m not so sure  B)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is this only on facebook?  I don't have an account there so I've not been able to see what's going on
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BlackbooksBlackbooks Frets: 25
    I know they are "special projects" but a hint of what each pedal "might" be would be useful so i can decide on which option to go for.  I know whatever I choose, I won't be disappointed with (the BC108 and Boneyard certainly didn't disappoint!) but I also know that I can't stretch financially for all 3.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    so anyway, since Thorpy isn't talking we can continue the boundless speculation 

Blue Sky / Contrail / Chemtrail - reverb?

Colossus - massive fuzz?

Stealth Bomber  - god knows?!?! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1486

Colossus - massive fuzz?

Yeah, I thought that the blue sky with trail might be a reverb (also Strymon Blue Sky?) or delay.....
    I'm wondering what justifies the £50 price difference between SP1 and SP2.

SP3 has to be some kind of mega pedal, and I'm intrigued by the comments about IO needing finished, so perhaps something digital/midi?
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    ThorpyFx: "It's simple you give me £750 and I give you a pedal."
     Me: "Cool. What sort of pedal is it?"
     ThorpyFx: "Not telling you."
     Me: "Then I'm not giving you £750."
    ThorpyFx: "I'll throw in a t-shirt."
    Me: "Ooooooh fuuuuuuuuuck."
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader

Colossus - massive fuzz?

contrail is doughnuts on a rope.... a rare form of contrail most often attributed to the denied aurora project.

Stealth Bomber is actually "HAVE BLUE" the secret name given to the F117A project before it was released. te pictured plane is a 2/3rds scale plane that was flyable. 

Colossus was the name given to the computer used by turing to decipher the enigma code. 

the names are chosen at random as 3 examples of very secret projects that surprised the public when made public.

Clues so far: 

- all 3 have germanium transistors.
    - SP1 has more germanium than SP2
    -SP3 is 3 pedals in one enclosure AND it has to be bigger than our normal double sized enclosure to accommodate the innards. (colossus seems apt)

I ordered the PCBS Last night... very excited.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Armour Original - Envelope Filter. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    merlin said:
    Armour Original - Envelope Filter. 
    Oooh a ThorpyFx envelope filter would be tasty ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    Big boy has sold out on preorders, I'm in for one of the others. In @ThorpyFX we trust
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    I thought the £750 was finally the Meatball. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    euan said:
    I thought the £750 was finally the Meatball. 
    It is not. However the successor is very much done electrically now…. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 162
    I thought SP3 larger enclosure was for the springs?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I thought SP3 larger enclosure was for the springs?
    For the boxing glove if you fluff a solo? 

Mr Thorpy - my apologies that my previous post probably seemed rather dickish - I was trying to understand, not trying to have a pop. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    @ThorpyFX Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad stuff going on, whatever it is. Hope things are getting better.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    How did these get announced? I thought I was on the mailing list already :cry: 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1486
    ER-2 and SP-1 here we go :)
    Facebook.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    m_c said:
    Facebook.
    That’s why I missed it….

https://imgur.com/a/w3XW8wP