Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ThorpyFX Special Projects - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

ThorpyFX Special Projects

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I thought SP3 larger enclosure was for the springs?
    For the boxing glove if you fluff a solo? 

Mr Thorpy - my apologies that my previous post probably seemed rather dickish - I was trying to understand, not trying to have a pop. 
    No need to apologise, I didn’t take it badly…. And also it gave me the opportunity to explain my rationale here. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2023 tFB Trader

tone1 said:
    m_c said:
    How did these get announced? I thought I was on the mailing list already cry 
    Facebook.
    That’s why I missed it….

https://imgur.com/a/w3XW8wP
    That’s entirely my fault…. Wanted a longer form message and…. I’d already sent to email mail drops out this month so wanted to avoid annoying people. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    ThorpyFX said:

No need to apologise, I didn’t take it badly…. And also it gave me the opportunity to explain my rationale here. 
    Ta. Flipping is hard to manage, I'm sure. As far as I can think, the only way to guarantee it doesn't happen is to charge the true market value up front, so there's no gap between your sale price and what the market will pay. But that presumably stops the people you'd like to own and enjoy the pedals from getting one. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    edited July 2023
    Speculation: my guess (based on nothing more than the mention of “germanium” makes me think of Hendrix) would be that the first 2 possibly fuzz face or Octavia (perhaps even treble booster?). The 3-in-1 maybe a fuzz face/Octavia/univibe thing similar to a captain coconut?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    ThorpyFX said:

tone1 said:
    m_c said:
    How did these get announced? I thought I was on the mailing list already cry 
    Facebook.
    That’s why I missed it….

https://imgur.com/a/w3XW8wP
    That’s entirely my fault…. Wanted a longer form message and…. I’d already sent to email mail drops out this month so wanted to avoid annoying people. 
    No worries at all - I’m not on FB much either but it’s perfectly fine for a company to have different comms on different channels, fair play to you!
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    @ThorpyFX now all SPs appear to be sold out, do we get any more clues as to what they might be?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    m_c said:
    @ThorpyFX now all SPs appear to be sold out, do we get any more clues as to what they might be?
    That's great. What is known in the trade as a rabid fanbase
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    DoctorX said:
    Speculation: my guess (based on nothing more than the mention of “germanium” makes me think of Hendrix) would be that the first 2 possibly fuzz face or Octavia (perhaps even treble booster?). The 3-in-1 maybe a fuzz face/Octavia/univibe thing similar to a captain coconut?
    Machine Gun
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    DoctorX said:
    That would make sense (re captain coconut), I'm going to have to be on the lookout for once they're on sale!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    roberty said:
    DoctorX said:
    Machine Gun
    Genius. Bravo.
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    Sounds like a great idea for #3 but if it is that sort of thing then I’m glad I didn’t choose that one as don’t need that even though it will surely be amazing!
  • The £750 one is just a reliced version of the £300 one, blown up on camera by Adrian. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    The £750 one is just a reliced version of the £300 one, blown up on camera by Adrian. 
    That would be one way of expanding the enclosure :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Hoping for a mid-gainy overdrive with a hump in the mids. Ideally green.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    That’s never been done before!! 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1385
    It’ll never catch on 
    How very rock and roll
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 471
    edited July 2023
    @ThorpyFX ;

Late to the party but.....

"The Biff". You buy it, it promises to be amazing and then is permanently broken.

"Red wire" - when you hit the footswitch nothing happens (followed by) "Green wire" - when you hit the footswitch the mother of fuzzy boosts hits you.

"P7/L8" Nickname 'The jellyfish' - a pedal that cannot move out of the studio and whimpers when you hit the footswitch.

"FMed 8" - it goes utterly insane when you hit the footswitch.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    edited July 2023
    I propose a budget, cut price, watered down range

Territorial Drive
    Territorial Chorus
    Etc
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    TimmyO said:

Territorial Drive
    Territorial Chorus
    Etc
    Could then have mini ones with delusions of grandeur...

Cadet Drive... etc
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TimmyO said:

Territorial Drive
    Territorial Chorus
    Etc

Cadet Drive... etc
    And a switching system that just sends commands - the REMF 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    ...and maybe just a single one-off that's 6 pedals in a line like a Carl Martin Quattro... "Fat Man"
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

Territorial Drive
    Territorial Chorus
    Etc

Cadet Drive... etc
    And a switching system that just sends commands - the REMF 
    ha hahaha!

I've not heard that for a long time!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    I’m a bit confused. So one pays a choice of three digit figures upfront but have no idea what one will get? I think I’m out lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    ...and maybe just a single one-off that's 6 pedals in a line like a Carl Martin Quattro... "Fat Man"
    6 in 1 ? That's be called "A Quiet Night In For 7 Paras" 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    (I'm actually regretting lowering the tone now - may delete later ) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    (I'm actually regretting lowering the tone now - may delete later ) 
    Good luck!

;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    I’m a bit confused. So one pays a choice of three digit figures upfront but have no idea what one will get? I think I’m out lol 
    Even if you knew what the pedal is, (and i don't mean this to be mean) im sure you wouldn't describe yourself as an early adopter, more of a watch 20 videos type and then make a decision. But.... thats ok because we are all different and you get to see what they all are on the day they launch.
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    i know the Commanding Officer of that Regiment... 
    ThorpyFX said:
    TimmyO said:
    Nice - you just need another 5! 
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    TimmyO said:
    Nice - you just need another 5! 
    as the RAF are the taxi drivers for the Paras... does that make them accessories for this incident?