Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Glastonbury via armchair 2023 - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Glastonbury via armchair 2023

What's Hot

Comments

• westwest Frets: 974
    " Dog"  benny and the jets intro makes the hair on my malenky plot stand all horror show ... every time .. !  me and elton with our blu blockers on lol

sounds sso much better through iplayer than tv ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Danny1969 said:
    He is. thats the easy bit for him. There are additional keys though
    He's playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order. 

His syrup is looking good though. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Serious suggestions for future headliners?

Liam Gallagher 
    Taylor Swift
    Take That

Aha - Legends slot

One band who’ll never do it, but who would absolutely smash the place apart:

ABBA

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Serious suggestions for future headliners?

Liam Gallagher 
    Taylor Swift
    Take That

Aha - Legends slot

One band who’ll never do it, but who would absolutely smash the place apart:

ABBA

Mel C has already said she's going to try and get Spice Girls for the legends slot next year.

And it's expected to be Taylor after she pulled out this year.

I also expect we will get Oasis in 2025
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Is he going to sit on his commode all night? at least mcartney could stand up. 

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    Enunciate Elton, enunciate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Much like Axl last night, Elton is giving it his best tonight. Sounding really good 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    swiller said:
    Is he going to sit on his commode all night? 

He was struggling to walk so I guess yes. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    swiller said:
    Is he going to sit on his commode all night? at least mcartney could stand up. 

Lad can hardly walk 
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 206
    He recently had a hip replacement.

And those talking nonsense in advance about backing singers and fake piano playing simply don’t know enough about Elton John. He’s one of the most talented musicians of all
    time. His voice is pretty remarkable for 76.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I’m not even gay…but I know all the words and he’s smashing it… <3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715

And those talking nonsense in advance about backing singers and fake piano playing simply don’t know enough about Elton John. He’s one of the most talented musicians of all
    He's doing better than I thought he would. His voice is shot but, unlike Axl, he's not trying to sing outside of his 1 octave range. Trying to hit notes you have no chance of reaching just sounds so bad. He's playing it safe. Good idea. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Emp_Fab said:
    ....but he ain't playing that piano (or if he is, he's way down in the mix).
    I talk out of my arse too often
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Elbow have a fantastic back catalogue and always go down well at festivals so I'd have them for future headliners
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    QOTSA Killing it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Devil#20 said:

He's doing better than I thought he would. His voice is shot but, unlike Axl, he's not trying to sing outside of his 1 octave range. Trying to hit notes you have no chance of reaching just sounds so bad. He's playing it safe. Good idea. 
    He became more of a lower baritone through middle age and has sung in this range for the last 20 plus years. He’s lost some vocal power, pushing 80. I’d say he’s smashing this. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    Nerine said:
    QOTSA Killing it 
    Dave Grohl appeared yet? He’s bound to get on with Elton!
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Maybe I'm getting old, but watching Guns last night on BBC and QOTsA tonight the speed of the change in shots is a bit  distracting. Maybe I'm just old.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662

didnt realise that. Brand new one then. He should be able to do a few windmills/fancy footwork in the second half.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2023
    Drugs and shenanigans aside, I think QOTSA would be the best touring band to be in. Being in Foos would probably be an easier gig but QOTSA are the only band with songs with a bit of swing in them.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 836
    Elton is absolutely fantastic. What songs! And that band are so tight. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Who was that twat on with Elton (not the guy from Gabriels, he’s lovely)? He’s not getting invited back. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    Just thought Axl is a big EJ fan - could he be one of the guests? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mattdavis said:
    Just thought Axl is a big EJ fan - could he be one of the guests? 
    Wouldn’t be the first time they’d dueted live (Freddie Mercury tribute concert) 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    A bit of catch up this evening.
    GnR like a bad covers band of themselves.
    Artics Monkeys decent in places.
    Foo Fighters ok.

The gems for me so far are
    Chvrches - they’ve got so many bangers and was a great performance. 
    Rick Astley - pure joy.
    Cat Stevens - sublime.

Need to catch up on a lot more…..
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    This QOTSA performance is sooooo good. I’m not familiar with a few of the songs so far, but they’re sooooo good. 
    edited June 2023
    I feel like Brandon Flowers looks more and more like some strange tv evangelist as the years go by. Those teeth are visible from space. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2023
    Jesus QOTSA! Here we come indeed. Josh Homme is one big sexy ginger Elvis bastard. Fantastic set so far.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I'm amazed by Elton.  I'm glad my earlier prediction was wrong.

He is incredible!
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    edited June 2023
    To think he was one of the headline acts at Live Aid nearly 40 years ago, and here he is still headlining.

Incredible.