Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Wondering when we should call time on the suggestions (including some of my own) that are not attracting enough interest and replacing with some fresh ones?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Sorry not reviewed these in a while. I'll get onto it in the next few days
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    Brocco said:
    Wondering when we should call time on the suggestions (including some of my own) that are not attracting enough interest and replacing with some fresh ones?
    Should I create a 'last call' list of songs with few takers?  Then drop them if there's insufficient roles that have been filled after about a week.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Brocco said:
    Should I create a 'last call' list of songs with few takers?  Then drop them if there's insufficient roles that have been filled after about a week.
    That’s a great idea. 

76 days to go….
    I'm happy to give Symphony a try on bass to fill that one out...
    Here's an update song list with @guitargeek62 added on bass for 'Symphony Of Destruction', so we now have a full line-up for that one.

https://i.imgur.com/zADx43f.png

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Last call for the following songs which still lack a full set of roles. If we don't fill the roles in a week's time, I'll remove them from the list.

Tulane: Needs vocals and bass

La Grange: Needs vocals and drums

Funky Music: Needs vocals, drums and bass

For Whom The Bell Tolls: Just needs vocals

Hell's Bells: Needs vocals and bass

I've Got To Use My Imagination: Needs vocals, drums and bass

Basket Case: Just needs drums

Beat It: Needs drums, and lead guitar

It's not a competition.
    I've updated the song list to remove those listed in my previous post that don't have enough roles.

btw. If anyone suddenly decides they're up for roles in the songs that have been dropped, then check back at the list in my post dated July 23, and we could resurrect any that might have enough interest.

https://i.imgur.com/bE19GyK.png

It's not a competition.
    Now the list has been reduced, does anyone have any suggestions for other songs?

It's not a competition.
    I can fill in on La Grange, vocals plus bass or guitar. Sorry been absent from the thread
    roberty said:
    I can fill in on La Grange, vocals plus bass or guitar. Sorry been absent from the thread
    If you can do vocals then we just need a drummer for La Grange. Any takers?

It's not a competition.
    edited July 2023
    roberty said:
    If you can do vocals then we just need a drummer for La Grange. Any takers?

No beard required. 
    Now the list has been reduced, does anyone have any suggestions for other songs?

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

The Boys Are Back In Town 
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

OK I'll add them to the list at the next update. Are you putting yourself down for lead or second (rhythm) guitar for those? Although we'll need dual lead for the Thin Lizzy guitar harmonies.

It's not a competition.
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

OK I'll add them to the list at the next update. Are you putting yourself down for lead or second (rhythm) guitar for those? Although we'll need dual lead for the Thin Lizzy guitar harmonies.

I can do bass an vocals for Thin Lizzy 
    Rhythm for both please, but I do intend to attempt getting up to tempo for one of the lizzy lead lines, but we will have to see how it goes!
    I’m happy to pickup lead guitar on the two songs @Brocco suggested. 
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

What tuning are you going for ? I think The Boys Are Back in Town is originally in Eb turning and Hot Blooded is in E standard tuning. 
  • Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

What tuning are you going for ? I think The Boys Are Back in Town is originally in Eb turning and Hot Blooded is in E standard tuning. 

I'll add the concert key to the list and make a note if the guitars tuned to Eb standard (or whatever), as I have for other songs. Once we have a vocalist we can find out what key they'd prefer, or detune on the day if necessary.

It's not a competition.
    Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

We could play The Boys Are Back in standard or Eb, but as @stratman3142 suggests, perhaps we should go with whatever works best for whoever is on vocals  
    Brocco said:
    Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

We could play The Boys Are Back in standard or Eb, but as @stratman3142 suggests, perhaps we should go with whatever works best for whoever is on vocals  
    If I'm singing I can sing in either key. Higher is probably easier to be honest
  • roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

So should I put you down for vocals on The Boys Are Back In Town?

It's not a competition.
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

I can do bass an vocals for Thin Lizzy 
    Sorry @roberty, I somehow missed this post!
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

So should I put you down for vocals on The Boys Are Back In Town?

Yes please do
  • OK. I'll include things in the next update.
    It's not a competition.
    We are about 9 weeks out now. 

How early can we book the studio and which studio are we booking? 

Found this tab for The Boys Are Back in standard tuning:

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/thin-lizzy/the-boys-are-back-in-town-tabs-905371
  • Put me down for rythm on Dr Feelgood please, that’s a fun one to play :)
  • Here's an updated song list. Let me know if there are any errors or I've missed anything.

Dr Feelgood: @guitargeek62 added on 2nd/rhythm guitar.

Call Me The Breeze: I'm not sure what's happening with @Bertie, as he's taking a break. I could cover lead guitar on that one if necessary. So I've put us both down. But it means we may not be able to do the run through with me on bass, unless someone wants to cover possible lead.  Could @Bobblehat or @guitargeek62 move from 2nd guitar to possible lead? It's only a 12 bar in A so we should be able to blag our way through the basic song, without the niceties if necessary.

La Grange: This is back in the list assuming we can get a drummer for it. @roberty on vocals and guitar and @guitargeek62 was previously down for bass.

Hot Blooded: Added to the list with @Neilybob on lead and @Brocco on rhythm (2nd guitar)

The Boys Are Back In Town: Added to the list. @roberty on vocals and bass. @Neilybob on lead guitar and @Brocco on rhythm (2nd) guitar). We just need a drummer for this one.

It's not a competition.
  • @stratman3142 - I'm not sure that anyone would want to hear my blagging of any kind of lead really - I'm happy to chop away at loosey goosey ("mojo") rhythm or tight-ish bass though, apologies :mrgreen:
  • @stratman3142 - I'm not sure that anyone would want to hear my blagging of any kind of lead really - I'm happy to chop away at loosey goosey ("mojo") rhythm or tight-ish bass though, apologies :mrgreen:
    No problem. We've got a full lineup for at least one run through, so we can let anyone else have a go if they want to on the day.
    It's not a competition.