Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tonemaster hankering (now successfully hankered) - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tonemaster hankering (now successfully hankered)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Aye I'm enjoying it. 

I've realised that once it's at volume 6 or above any low or medium gain drive pedals are giving you as much the sound of the driving amp as anything else - pulling the amp volume back to 4 brings the distinctiveness of different pedal settings. So if you're going for a blues-band thing where you just need levels of grit and volume, amp on 6-8 and one drive pedal gives you everything you need. And if you want to be able to get different shades of drive from different pedals, you need to pull it back more to 4-5. 

I've no idea if that's what a real DR is like, but I like that there's a couple ways to do it. 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 811
    I probably should have got the DR rather than the Twin, but I got excited by my first 2x12 amp! Maybe I’ll swap it one day…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    TimmyO said:
    Aye I'm enjoying it. 

I've realised that once it's at volume 6 or above any low or medium gain drive pedals are giving you as much the sound of the driving amp as anything else - pulling the amp volume back to 4 brings the distinctiveness of different pedal settings. So if you're going for a blues-band thing where you just need levels of grit and volume, amp on 6-8 and one drive pedal gives you everything you need. And if you want to be able to get different shades of drive from different pedals, you need to pull it back more to 4-5. 

I've no idea if that's what a real DR is like, but I like that there's a couple ways to do it. 
    I’ve found the same with my TM Princeton
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thefezthefez Frets: 122
    So my TMDR stopped making any sound after about 3 mins of being switched on. I emailed Fender Europe and got a somewhat unhelpful response - to go on ebay and buy the power module and get it replaced.

I'd posted this online and thankfully someone from Fender USA saw it and got in touch. Said that was absolutely not what should have happened and put me in touch with Fender UK/Europe again. I have brand spanking new DR and and they've arranged for UPS to pick up the old one, all free of charge.

Cheers Fender, my opinion of you has gone up. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    Enjoy your new amp @TimmyO ;

@thefez Very poor from Fender originally though. The help you eventually got, you should have received from your first contact with them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thefezthefez Frets: 122
    Yeah, I was really surprised the initial guy wasn't helpful at all. Worked out in the end though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter