Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mr Marlin gear sale thread. More freshly added - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mr Marlin gear sale thread. More freshly added

What's Hot

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    TTT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Adding Lollar P90’s from my Eastman T64V. 

£150 posted to your door tracked, traced and insured. 

Marlin 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Eastwood Airline H78 with DeArmond style pickups. 

Spectacular guitar, this one, but something has to go, and nothing else is selling. 

Spec here: https://eastwoodguitars.co.uk/products/airline-h78

More photos here:https://imgur.com/a/QWIMYxR

I’m hard case, £650.  Plays beautifully, sounds amazing.  Love these pickups!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Lollar dogear P90’s
    Airline Bighorn
    WezV beastie
    Epiphone Century with Lollar P90 
    and Airline H78 with Bigsby all still available. 

May also add Vyse Jazz Royal Blackface F style head/amp with huge headroom and 1x12 cab.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 166
    That H78 has got me feeling all kinds of ways Paul...and I'm a downtuned hardcore mosher for 95% of my playing. Someone's in for a treat with that one! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    That H78 has got me feeling all kinds of ways Paul...and I'm a downtuned hardcore mosher for 95% of my playing. Someone's in for a treat with that one! 
    It’s honestly a cracker! Beautifully setup too. 
    Don’t want to sell it, but something has to go. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    I want both of the Airlines so badly, as a fan of 60s Garage Rock, they've really got me in a spin
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    edited August 2023
    I want both of the Airlines so badly, as a fan of 60s Garage Rock, they've really got me in a spin
    The H78 (it’s actually a 77 with a retro fitted Bigsby) is an epic guitar. Eastwood have a pretty checkered reputation for their replica reissues, with some being utterly tragic (I’m looking at you Surfcaster!) but this one is brilliant. I don’t know if it’s because of attention to detail or because they cut all the same corners as the Chicago factory did originally but it just works. It has such an authentic vibe and sound to it and those Argyle pickups are spot on for the cheap filthy rasp you hope you’re going to get. 

The only reason I let Paul buy this from me is that I’m completely shallow. I ended up with two almost identical sounding replica hollow body, three single coil pickup guitars with bigsbys and the other was blue and had open geared tuners.  3
    edited August 2023
    Alas, nothing much is selling, something more desirable need to be listed 

so, offering my Gibson ES195. 

Quite a rare guitar, only made by Gibson for one year.  This one is in stunning condition, has a slightly girths neck (not huge, but bigger than a Gretsch), and has has a recent full setup and feet level.  It’s a cracker. 

Pickups are single coil, very chimey P90’s in HB formats (original). They’re formally classified as P94’s, but they’re true single coil, and sound awesome.  

Bad points.  Bridge sucks balls.  It rattles and causes mild tuning issues.  Not major.  If I keep it, it will get a new roller bridge, or a Compton Compensated Bridge. 

Comes in brown Gibson hard case. 

£2500 for this very rare beastie.  

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/liQBrct

Les Paul not included.  

Cheers

Marlin

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    edited August 2023
    Man, that es195! Always thought those were super cool on release, very rare to see one for sale. If you want two guitars, the kids and a kidney for it, you know where I am. lol 
    edited August 2023
    Now sold. .  

Sophia Jazzmaster (started out in life as a Jazzblaster, and says Jazzblaster on the headstock) but now in Jazzmaster form. 

Info on the guitar. 

I bought this from @dazzajl  who bought it from @Rich31, who bought it from Tom @jollygreengiant, and here again is Tom’s full rundown……. :

"Put together over the last year to be one of my bucket list guitars with no expense spared on spec and parts. Unfortunately, Jazzmasters are just not for me so moving it on to free up space and funds.
    Was put together and set up for me by Jon at Feline including. Plays extremely well, Jon rolled the fingerboard edges, cut the nut and also gave it his famous fretwork treatment. 

Body was made by Jon @ Rexter guitars and is a clone of his original 60's jazzmaster.
    Its got custom enlarged pickup routes for the wide range humbuckers.

Jon also did all the finishing work - its full nitro finish in vintage correct sonic blue with matching headstock. Rear of the neck is matt finish with the rest of the guitar in gloss.

Neck is from Allparts with the following spec - 

Rosewood fingerboard
    21 tall frets (.079 x .051 inch) 2.07mm x 1.3mm
    9.5 inch radius
    25.5 inch scale
    Nut width 1 and 5/8 inches
    Heel width 2 and 3/16 inches
    Truss rod adjustment at heel
    Neck thickness .86 inch at first fret, .96 at twelfth fret.

Logo on the headstock is custom from Rothko and Frost and has my daughters name rather than "F" and "Jazzblaster rather than Jazzmaster.

• Tuners are Gotoh.
    • Bridge is a Staytrem and 9.5" radius to match the neck.
    • Tremolo System is a USA Fender one, same used as AVRI and 65 reissues, not the cheaper lower spec Mexican or Japanese version.
    • Pick Ups are the new Fender CUNIFE Wide Range Humbuckers
    • Pickguard was custom made
    • Pickup Switch and Output Jack are Switchcraft.
    • Pots are CTS
    Will also come with a Hiscox Hardcase"

Tom put the weight at just under 8lbs, but my scales (which are accurate) put it at 7lb 7oz. 

It is a beautiful creation, put together really well with quality parts”

Under my ownership, it gained a set of Mojo Jazzmaster pickups, with bridge 5% overwound. 

It’s had a full setup, plays beautifully, sports a set of 11’a, and will be supplied with a fresh replacement set. 

Cracking guitars.  Don’t want to sell it, but something has to go. 

Bad bits, it picked up a few nicks in the paint over the years. See photos. Worst of which is a chip on the front of the guitar.  I had fancied giving it to somone to do a pro relic job on it, but seems a shame to hurt it further. 

£595. SOLD

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/U6XbTtD

NOW SOLD. Thank you for looking. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    still available. 

Gibson ES195
    Lollar dogear P90’s pair (black)
    Airline Bighorn
    WezV beastie
    Epiphone Century with Lollar P90 
    and Airline H78 with Bigsby all still available. 

May also add Vyse Jazz Royal Blackface F style head/amp with huge headroom and 1x12 cab.  Will try to her photos of Vyse amp listed tomorrow. 
  • Arse, wish i'd seen that Jazzmaster sooner as I would have been all over it! To whoever was quickest off the mark - first dibs if you decide to move it on again please?! 

That Gibson looks super cool, but way beyond my means sadly!

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    yes, loving that Jazzmaster, especially at that price for that spec!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 2nd time I've missed out on that Jazzmaster!
  • @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - can I have first dibs on your first dibs please? :mrgreen: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - can I have first dibs on your first dibs please? :mrgreen: 
    Dibs on the dibs noted!  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump 
    Bump. Lots of lovely stuff still available.  Im
    always open to an offer, can’t hurt to ask ;)
    Still plenty available. 
    Bump. Will add amp photos this week. Promise! 
  • Plenty still available  
  • It’s officially “make me a stupid offer day”, and see which way the wind blows…..
  • TEMPTRESS
    edited September 2023
    Epiphone Century sold.
  • I could use a few more pedals, so if anyone has nice pedal trade offers, happy to chat. 
  • No juicy pedals (other than a voodoo vibe) but I do have this if you fancy a trade for the Wez...

• No juicy pedals (other than a voodoo vibe) but I do have this if you fancy a trade for the Wez...

Normally I would, but I’ve got four four valve amplifiers, one low powered, one medium, one high, and one very high powered - and I’ve not played in public for over 20 years, so I already have far too many amps for my needs.   In fact, I’ll be listing two in this thread soon
    Sorry. 

• No worries Paul, I know it was a longshot ;)
  • What's still currently available? 

What pedals are you after?