Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mr Marlin gear sale thread. More freshly added - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mr Marlin gear sale thread. More freshly added

What's Hot

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Bump 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    Very tempted to pop my deluxe reverb back up for another pop at the tremlord.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Very tempted to pop my deluxe reverb back up for another pop at the tremlord.
    The Tremlord is a superb amp, very Fendery,, and plenty of power scaling options. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2023
    MJW ROADSTAR 18 sold.  Payment received. Many thanks. 
    Plenty still for sale. Try a cheeky offer, can’t hurt to try ;)
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1219
    edited July 2023
    TheMarlin said:
    I’ve also got an MJW Bassman I need to list as well. 
    Is there an MJW bassman still going - was this the Roadstar or did I miss something else?
    Not that I need another amp, but...you know...just asking
    steven70 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Is there an MJW bassman still going - was this the Roadstar or did I miss something else?
    steven70 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Sorry, the MJW Bassman was the modified Roadstar 18. That was sold and personally delivered to Manchester are at the weekend. 

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1219
    TheMarlin said:
    steven70 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    steven70 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Sorry, the MJW Bassman was the modified Roadstar 18. That was sold and personally delivered to Manchester are at the weekend. 

That's good to hear - someone has gained a cracking amp. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    How much for the Amber dogear please, if it's still available?
    It is. £45 shipped to your door ok?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    TheMarlin said:
    It is. £45 shipped to your door ok?
    Sounds good to me, I’ll PM you :)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    I’m telling you guys, that Gretsch is the catch here

Gibson style but with the Gretsch sound. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    dazzajl said:

Gibson style? In what way @dazzajl ;
    dazzajl said:

Just the way it’s built. The neck set low to the body means it has a bridge on set posts, rather the floating wooden base and then the tension bar Bigsby. Gives a whole different feel to the normal Gretsch layout but really works on this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

Just the way it’s built. The neck set low to the body means it has a bridge on set posts, rather the floating wooden base and then the tension bar Bigsby. Gives a whole different feel to the normal Gretsch layout but really works on this one.
     :+1:
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

I’ve been a bit of numpty about this guitar really. Paul has been telling me for ages how good it is but because of my daft prejudices (don’t like red guitars, don’t like gold hardware, don’t like the 2000 pickups as much as Dynas, don’t like Gretches that aren’t Gretsch like, don’t like big hollowbodies etc) I haven’t even tried it. Till the other day. And it absolutely put me in my place! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

I’ve been a bit of numpty about this guitar really. Paul has been telling me for ages how good it is but because of my daft prejudices (don’t like red guitars, don’t like gold hardware, don’t like the 2000 pickups as much as Dynas, don’t like Gretches that aren’t Gretsch like, don’t like big hollowbodies etc) I haven’t even tried it. Till the other day. And it absolutely put me in my place! 
    Thanks to @dazzajl’s legendary powers of persuasion, and epic sales skills, the Gretsch G3155 is sold. 

I should really offer him commission ;)
    Well done whoever snagged this one and earned me a beer  =)
    dazzajl said:
    What, just the one!? :lol: 
    No, just one. But it holds about 8 pints. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    TheMarlin said:
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

Thanks to @dazzajl’s legendary powers of persuasion, and epic sales skills, the Gretsch G3155 is sold. 

I should really offer him commission ;)
    Phew! I’d been sweating on that one, finger hovering over the message button. Looked like a cracking guitar but I need to get another album done. I’d I’ve loved to buy that guitar instead, though. 
    dazzajl said:
    What, just the one!? :lol: 
    He’s not daft, he’ll make me drive to get it ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2023
    SOLD:

Lovely guitar with a nice girthy neck. 

Nice and loud acoustically, perfect acoustic guitar for home use. 

I’m not the first owner. It came to me with a headstock repair.  It was done professionally, but there has been no attempt to hide the break/repair.  It’s been kept honest and obvious. But very neatly done. 

Neck pickup has been replaced by previous owner @dazzajl , and this guitar now sports a Lollar P90. Sounds fabulous. 

Other than the headstock repair, there is no damage, dings, scratches, or marks on the guitar.  

A very critical eye will spot a few lines on the back where the matt finish has been slightly polished through use, but you really have to go hunting for it, and reflect the light at bizarre angles to see it. 

Frets and fretboard are perfect. 

I realise that Flatwounds are not to everyone’s taste, but are easily replaced. 

case or gigbag.  

£295. (SOLD)

Thanks for looking 

All photos here https://imgur.com/a/Pkz0E8t

Marlin

Epiphone NOW SOLD. Thanks for looking
    WezV on page 1 also back up for sales. 
    TheMarlin said:
    Lovely guitar with a nice girthy neck. 

Nice and loud acoustically, perfect acoustic guitar for home use. 

I’m not the first owner. It came to me with a headstock repair.  It was done professionally, but there has been no attempt to hide the break/repair.  It’s been kept honest and obvious. But very neatly done. 

Neck pickup has been replaced by previous owner @dazzajl , and this guitar now sports a Lollar P90. Sounds fabulous. 

Other than the headstock repair, there is no damage, dings, scratches, or marks on the guitar.  

A very critical eye will spot a few lines on the back where the matt finish has been slightly polished through use, but you really have to go hunting for it, and reflect the light at bizarre angles to see it. 

Frets and fretboard are perfect. 

I realise that Flatwounds are not to everyone’s taste, but are easily replaced. 

case or gigbag.  

£295. 

Thanks for looking 

All photos here https://imgur.com/a/Pkz0E8t

Marlin
    @A_T_W ^^
    Bump
    edited October 2023
    Now sold - the Wev

The Airline Bighorn 

And the Epiphone Century with Lollar P90

I may add another. Still deciding. 

May add more…..
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 47
    PM'd

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
    edited August 2023
    All three of those guitars have pickups worth much of the ticket price. 

Bump