Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Adam Jones Epiphone - anyone want to hazard a guess as to when they’ll be announced? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Adam Jones Epiphone - anyone want to hazard a guess as to when they’ll be announced?

What's Hot

Comments

• MaakMaak Frets: 52
    Has anyone here been able to pre-order then?
    Yes I was able to secure one yesterday by paying in full upfront 
    Where from?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    Whacked a load of information and details about these on my blog here

Will update with more information emerges.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Can bet money when this phase sells they will end up on Facebook for £2000 as rare or Essex recording studio will have one for £4000
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibe said:
    Whacked a load of information and details about these on my blog here

Will update with more information emerges.
    Thanks for the credit ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve been in contact with Guitar Guitar who have said they can’t give any information as to dates, but to keep an eye on the website and they will be added in due course. So they have some! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited December 2022
    I’ve been in contact with Guitar Guitar who have said they can’t give any information as to dates, but to keep an eye on the website and they will be added in due course. So they have some! 
    I spoke to them Thursday morning and they told me to call on the 6th December. 

Someone on FB claims to have an inside contact there that says they are all already spoken for though. Who knows 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cesar from Gibson has posted a short clip of himself playing one on his Instagram account 
  • Second artwork is ‘berzerker’ - release 2/14 according to sweet water 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Second artwork is ‘berzerker’ - release 2/14 according to sweet water 

• DiscoStu said:

I much prefer Mark Rydens style. Really like his work 
    edited December 2022
    DiscoStu said:

There seems to be more online excitement about the Berzerker version but the Veil of Bees feels more Tool. Be interesting to see what the other artworks are.
  • DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:

There seems to be more online excitement about the Berzerker version but the Veil of Bees feels more Tool. Be interesting to see what the other artworks are.
    Apparently 4 by Ryden and 3 by the other artist or could be the other way around. 

I’ve seen several people saying that Rydens work is to girly and that the Berzerker is what they’re holding out for. I guess I’m girly then lol 
  • Adam Jones has just uploaded a short clip to his Instagram profile too 
  • DiscoStu said:

You know that's the cover of Beatin the Odds by Molly Hatchet? Either AJ is a big Hatchet fan or someone is yanking someone's chain here. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Jones EricTheWeary said:
    DiscoStu said:

You know that's the cover of Beatin the Odds by Molly Hatchet? Either AJ is a big Hatchet fan or someone is yanking someone's chain here. 
    Jones owns a few of Frazettas original works so I’m guessing there’s no Molly Hatchet link 
    Jones EricTheWeary said:
    DiscoStu said:

Jones owns a few of Frazettas original works so I’m guessing there’s no Molly Hatchet link 
    It was originally the cover art for the Conan the Conqueror novel in 1974. Frazetta did several Conan paintings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStu said:
    Jones EricTheWeary said:
    DiscoStu said:

It was originally the cover art for the Conan the Conqueror novel in 1974. Frazetta did several Conan paintings.
    I’m interested to see which other artwork of his they have used 
    DiscoStu said:
    Jones EricTheWeary said:
    DiscoStu said:

I’m interested to see which other artwork of his they have used 
    Perhaps a Conan series? Is AJ a Conan fan?

The Destroyer.

The Barbarian

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I'm not particularly interested in the Adam Jones guitars but it is cool seeing all this artwork.  I've got all those old Conan paperbacks and a couple of books of Frazetta artwork.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited December 2022
    Thomann’s already sold out, the others should have them listed this AM if not already pre-sold…

Interestingly the Epi site only lists seven “limited” art models, so presumably the plain version will be unlimited?

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/AdamJonesArtCollection

*edit* £1,129 @Thomann btw

*double-edit* Now up on GG @£1,149
  • Thomann’s already sold out, the others should have them listed this AM if not already pre-sold…

Interestingly the Epi site only lists seven “limited” art models, so presumably the plain version will be unlimited?

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/AdamJonesArtCollection

*edit* £1,129 @Thomann btw

*double-edit* Now up on GG @£1,149
    Interesting that GG is only pre order. In the FB group a GG staff member did say they already sold out so that may have actually been true 

• Yeah, I thought that too but presumably it’s just that they’re not in-stock yet? I guess we’ll see if they’re still open for pre-orders by lunch, as they should have sold out long before then :smirk: 
  • NCoNCo Frets: 44
    Can you get them without that art?

Notice how £1149 seems usual for an Epiphone now. We are mugs hahahaha

I love Epiphones, it was my first guitar and I'll always have a soft spot for them.

However, with the prices of some of their instruments they are now competing in a whole different field. What amazes me is that more and more Epi models are being sold 2nd hand at ridiculous (IMO) prices.

We had a Gibson Standard sold here a week ago at £1100, there's a great Studio listed at £680. Not sure I would ever be able to justify a a new or 2nd hand artist Epiphone if I ever needed another LP.
  • MaakMaak Frets: 52
  • 404’d for me @Maak ;
  • Peach have sold out, looks like they only had two
  • 800 of each release is quite a lot....are there 8 art versions planned? 6,400 guitars....

Not that limited, although collectors will be collectors and might want one of each....
  • @Musicman20 seems to be 800 of each of the seven art collection editions. Most of the others have been deciphered already from the blurred photo that was released, and only one of them looked 'interesting' to me (third one from right, it's quite a Geiger-esque piece). I'm surprised that none of these seem to be an Alex Grey collaboration though, and that would've been the one I'd held out for so I've ordered a Veil of Bees model anyway in the hope that I like it more in-person, else I'll just return it and get my monies back.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I dont understand artwork on the back of a guitar. Is this a thing?
  • I dont understand artwork on the back of a guitar. Is this a thing?
    Adam's background* is in creative arts and visual fx, he's played a big part in the look and 'brand' of T00L since day one and is responsible for a lot of the visual side of their shows etc too. It's not at all out of character for him to have wanted to use these as a way of showcasing art that he likes too - one of the prints (right-most in the blurred photo) seems to be one of his wife's works too. His Gibson signature models also had art on the back of the headstocks, but in a more restrained fashion. 

*no pun intended :mrgreen: