Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Adam Jones Epiphone - anyone want to hazard a guess as to when they’ll be announced? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Adam Jones Epiphone - anyone want to hazard a guess as to when they’ll be announced?

What's Hot
Crazyblue1779Crazyblue1779 Frets: 165
Adam Jones teased an Epiphone model almost a year ago on his Instagram but there’s been nothing since. 

I’m not usually one for signature guitars, but I want an Adam Jones custom with pretty much every fibre of my being. 

Clearly I’m never going to be able to afford the Gibson one, but I’d absolutely go for the Epiphone version when released. 

Anyone heard any more info on these? Or want to guess when we’re likely to see them confirmed?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    Very soon
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Will it have decent pickups? Seeing these recent models like the Slash and Cantrell Epiphones with Epi pickups has put me right off. Especially considering the prices. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Crazyblue1779Crazyblue1779 Frets: 165
    Will it have decent pickups? Seeing these recent models like the Slash and Cantrell Epiphones with Epi pickups has put me right off. Especially considering the prices. 
    He uses a Seymour Duncan in the bridge so I’d hope at least that will be replicated. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    when he gives up his job at Harlequins ? 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited May 2022
    He uses a Seymour Duncan in the bridge so I’d hope at least that will be replicated. 
    It wasn't on the Gibson LP Standard version, so I wouldn't be surprised if we just get an SH6-alike on the Epi

@Stonevibe - based on your insider info, should we be measuring in months, quarters, or years? ;)
  • Crazyblue1779Crazyblue1779 Frets: 165
    I just hope it’s before November. I’ve promised on of my kids my current Les Paul for their birthday if I can get this one before then. 
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 140
    Manufacturers often announce new stuff around the NAMM shows - the next NAMM is in early June.
    However once they announce new stuff it is often a few months before it appears in the shops.
    That changed a fair bit with Covid though - companies seem to be a lot less fussed about that kind of release cycle and the costs of attending shows and having to compete to be noticed alongside everyone else's releases at the same time - not that it should be an issue for this one!
  • Still no news on this. Thought we’d have heard more by now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 606
    Based on the typical frequency of Tool releases I'd say it'll be about 13yrs...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Finally it’s all going off!

8 Different versions to be released.
    7 with artwork on the back of the body
    800 Units worldwide per version 

First version drops 6th December then second version around end Feb or early March 

Comes in Epiphone ‘Chainsaw’ hard case 

UK Price £1149

Pics here and spec attached here https://imgur.com/a/NjR7woc
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    Oh bloody hell they've done a proper silver one. If the neck profile is good I can see myself sticking one on finance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTBZ said:
    Oh bloody hell they've done a proper silver one. If the neck profile is good I can see myself sticking one on finance.
    It really does look great. I like that they went with the proper Maple neck as with the USA standard they went with Mahogany 

I have the Epiphone JJN models in Black and also the Gold Top. They are fantastic models and I can’t find fault in either of them. 

I actually play them more than my Gibson USA and CS models as they’re such fun to play 

Epiphone are really knocking it out the park with the Sig models except the Slash model. They dropped the ball on that big time with the crappy pickups and the awful looking fingerboards 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    edited December 2022
    I don't get on with LPs but I want that so much!
    Where are you finding the info for the 8 models, @Fortheloveofguitar ; ?
  • DiscoStu said:
    I don't get on with LPs but I want that so much!
    Where are you finding the info for the 8 models, @Fortheloveofguitar ; ?
    There’s a FB group called ‘Adam Jones Guitar Collectors’. There’s lots of info in there and the pics I’ve posted are from a guy in that group that already has his 

I also found the same info on https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/advice-on-new-adam-jones-epiphone-signature-silverburst.2415956/

General consensus is that the first ‘Veil of the bees’ artwork model  will be announced and available to buy on the same day which is set to be December 6th.  So will see what happens next week as there’s only 800 worldwide 

I’m all in on this. I’m not an Adam jones fan at all but love a silver burst 

• Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 698
    edited December 2022
    That looks fantastic. I had a bit of an issue with recent Bonamasa ES335, I thought it was priced too highly because there werent too many upgrades to set it apart from the core ES335. I don't think I can argue too much with the price for this one, it looks like they've got it all spot on.

If I hadn't have recently bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio I probably would have had one of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • How much is it for people like me who've never heard of him?  :) Any discounts? Free strings at least?
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Can you get them without that art?

Notice how £1149 seems usual for an Epiphone now. We are mugs hahahaha
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited December 2022
    Not sure on the art, but… I’m getting one.

*edit* I'm going to wait for one that has art I like, or a plain-back one. Another year or two won't kill me! Presumably there's going to be at least one version with something from Alex Grey on there - that'll be the priority for me.
  • MaakMaak Frets: 52
    I wonder how many the UK will get out of the 800?
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    What’s the art on the back all about? Doesn’t look anything like Adam Jones’ work
  • Can you get them without that art?

Notice how £1149 seems usual for an Epiphone now. We are mugs hahahaha
    Looks like they are to be released in phases. The 7 artwork variants in phases then the standard back without artwork last 

So could be quite a long wait for a standard model. Hopefully we’ll get full confirmation next week when the first variant drops 
  • Not sure on the art, but… I’m getting one.
    I love the art on the first one and I think it works well with how they’ve merged it with the silver burst back 

The second phase is from a different artist and not my jam at all. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    The bee one is mark Ryden he’s done artwork for Aerosmith, Michael Jackson and RHCP. 
    He’s highly regarded. 
  • Maak said:
    I wonder how many the UK will get out of the 800?
    Don’t know yet but one guy in the group claims to have inside info that Guitar Guitar’s stock is already reserved 

Canada only getting 20 allegedly

USA main dealers like Sweetwater again already reserved according to members from that FB group 

Could all be BS though. We’ll find out next week for sure 
  • Reserved Epiphones! 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited December 2022
    Reserved Epiphones! 
    I know right!

I don’t even like the guy music wise. Im
    just in it for a great silver burst

That said, I did reserve both my JJN Epi sig models. The original Black run sold out quickly as was only a limited run 
  • Has anyone here been able to pre-order then?
  • Has anyone here been able to pre-order then?
    Probably scalped by friends of the stores and employees! hahahaha
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited December 2022
    Has anyone here been able to pre-order then?
    Yes I was able to secure one yesterday by paying in full upfront 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter