Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Trent Guitars - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Trent Guitars

What's Hot
1131415161719»

Comments

• Still want a fir green model 1 with matching headstock…one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rich31k said:
    Looking good on stage at The Brits. Great work @TrentGuitars!
    Mrs has just forced me to watch the Brits 
    straight away I was like “ is that a @TrentGuitars ” 

now my mrs thinks I’m sad 

she is right 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    Nice guitar from my friend Reuben @rubyguitars there too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Loobs said:
    Nice guitar from my friend Reuben @rubyguitars there too! 
    Oh yes! Been chatting to Reuben this morning
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    edited February 2023

More recent workshop leavers, including a peach sparkle on for Hester Chambers of Wet Leg

As seen on stage at the Brit awards!!!

Edit, beat me to it!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    I see Josh Scott has one too:

• Things are going well over here, bringing more and more in house as I've now managed to manufacture a JM/JG vibrato unit and rocking bridge. Mostly just well made versions of Fender's original stuff, with attention to detail on things like the knife edge in the vibrato and going for simple solid build quality. I turn the arm collet on my own lathe, along with a few other custom parts like the brass spring retaining cone nut. All of it is in 303 or 304 stainless and all the folded sheet metal parts are made locally. The saddles are also cnc machined by an engineering company to my design, it's really satisfying!

0reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    That's very exciting!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    And the excellent work keeps on coming ...

Congrats Elliot - when I think back to the early days, you've come a hell of a long way in a ridiculously short time (and, yes, I remember urging caution back then!!)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    TTony said:
    And the excellent work keeps on coming ...

Congrats Elliot - when I think back to the early days, you've come a hell of a long way in a ridiculously short time (and, yes, I remember urging caution back then!!)
    I was thinking the same.  
  • Looks amazing, every time I see your work I wonder what I need to sell! :lol: 
  • GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Awesome stuff!
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
  • that's so kind guys! thank you!

Yeah it's been a wild ride, blew past 100 guitars a while back now, just trying to keep up which is proving the real challenge!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • If those bridges fit Fender JM guitars as well you might have another side business! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    Love the trem and bridge, will you be selling these separately.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • I love every update in here. You're really motoring!! :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1636
    edited October 2023
    SELF PROMO ALERT

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Whatever it is isn't loading, but I assume this is about your JM trem systems you posted about on Facebook last night?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Whatever it is isn't loading, but I assume this is about your JM trem systems you posted about on Facebook last night?
    I see them and I'm on a mobile phone.
  • Yeah initially it was a direct link to instagram but It looks like that feature isn't working at the mo so I rehosted them :-)
    correct!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    They look excellent!

What a great way to expand your brand. I bet you will sell a bunch of them.
  • I'm always a bit afraid of JM bridges/vibratos as folks get into very heated arguments who makes the good ones, how to set them up, whether you can use the measly thin strings.

However, I am planning a partscaster where a JM vibrato would look just right. Also your version just looks cool and is quite a bit cheaper than most which have adjustable radius.

Do you think the Trent bridge + vibrato would work well with some measly 10s?