Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who's gigging tonight? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 259
    Tonight, Crimson On Silver are playing The Yellow Wagtail in Yeovil, debut gig for my wireless kit!

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    3-gig week coming up with 3 completely different acts. Private instrumental jazz gig tomorrow, then Fri 25th with 60s rock'n'roll band The Spree at the Greyhound in Sawston, then Saturday 26th with 80s duo Cherry on Top accompanying female vocalist at the Britsh Legion in Histon near Cambridge. Over 100 songs, no music stand I hope (still need to learn some of Saturday's songs a bit more thoroughly)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
    Playing a pub in Glastonbury, the King William on Saturday, no keyboard player, so will have to play both my solos twice!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone in Oldham? Come and see my band, Fly the bird at the GoGo club tonight! 
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 306
    Corporate function AFAIK with Groove Central Station at the Baltic in Newcastle quayside. Tonight!
  • Anyone in Doncaster that wants a great night of classic rock goodness come and see the mighty Kick The Habit tonight at The Horse & Groom in Donny town centre.

Mayhem starts at 9 ish usually

Crimson on Silver playing The Mermaid in Yeovil tonight, with three new songs added to the set...

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited July 2014
    Gigged on Thursday night at Wowo Campsite near Uckfield, Sussex and we were there for 3 days. Me and Mrs.K did a set of Joni Mitchell, Rikki Lee Jones mellow-type stuff. Fantastic place that's sometimes called a "musician's campsite" as if you can perform to a certain level or prove you make your living from music, you get your camping for free if you can provide an hour's acoustic entertainment (no drums, plugging in etc), you get your camping for free.

It's a very family-orientated, kid-friendly place with nice but basic facilities and quite old-fashioned. We played in a large tipee around a fire and the following day's performer approached us and asked if she could go get her guitar and jam with us so we all headed back to our camp fire and knocked out some James Taylor, Joan Armatrading, Carole King, "Horse with no name" type stuff as well as me filling in on some of her originals. My bloody Taylor now smells of bbq!!!!
    Recommended.
    More Greek function stuff tomorrow - tis the season :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 306
    edited July 2014
    last night's gig was a shitty one for me... Lovely venue with great views of the Tyne quayside but with a 80db limit, indifferent and unresponsive crowd, and it took us 3 songs to tighten it up trying to adjust to the limited volume levels. Super hot too. 
    And as if these weren't enough, I fucked 2 of my "should be impressive" solos. Bowie Lets dance I started on Ab penta instead of Bb although I made a nice save afterwards, and nothing compares to you cheesy set finale I bent E and B notes up a whole step over C and that I didn't save... rest of the band are pro jazzers so they pick these things up easily...
    pity as despite the volume restrictions my gear worked quite nicely..

also got the news that the staff at the decent venue where we got a nice paying residency aren't convinced that regular band gigs work out for them and while we are the only band they re happy with they don't seem very eager in concentrating their already negligible promo efforts to secure a big and nice crowd for their best band meaning it might be us who will drop the gig in the end ..
    and to compensate we may have to play Thursdays and Sundays at the shitty pub we started from  where the only space for a gtr amp is in front of me...
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1887
    Played a great support slot last night for Transglobal Underground at the Llangollen Fringe. We had three hours' notice, most of which was spent locating our bass player (called his mobile, home, work, then drove to his house).

It was a cool gig! Got home at 01:30, then up at 06:30 this morning to drive to Liverpool for a daytime gig. Two gigs in 17 hours!

Quite tired now. :D
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    Played a great support slot last night for Transglobal Underground at the Llangollen Fringe.

Nice support @bluechargeboy. Do you know if Count Dubulah and Neil Sparkes are still in the band? Around 10 yrs ago, I use to deal a lot with them through work. Great and interesting band.
    Monkeybone;304034" said:
    Crimson on Silver playing The Mermaid in Yeovil tonight, with three new songs added to the set...
    Turns out that was our 50th gig in 49 weeks, and fudge me was it a sweaty one!

Kebabkid said:
    Played a great support slot last night for Transglobal Underground at the Llangollen Fringe.

Nice support @bluechargeboy. Do you know if Count Dubulah and Neil Sparkes are still in the band? Around 10 yrs ago, I use to deal a lot with them through work. Great and interesting band.
    No @Kebabkid, it was the two main guys with an African singer/MC/conga basher and Sheema Mukherjee on sitar/bass. They were excellent, and I was one of the few people there not on Ecstasy!
    Cheers @bluechargeboy and they've had quite a few line-up changes over the years and yes, their crowd like to be "spaced out".
    Kebabkid said:
    Cheers @bluechargeboy and they've had quite a few line-up changes over the years and yes, their crowd like to be "spaced out".
    It's good for support bands who want people to dance to their music, if people came with the express purpose of dancing...
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited July 2014
    Kebabkid said:
    prove you make your living from music
    "Look, I've got £6.85 in the bank. Believe me now?"
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Gigging tonight for the Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club in Merdien (near where the factory used to be).

That should be a fun one.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    edited August 2014

Catthan said:
    last night's gig was a shitty one for me... Lovely venue with great views of the Tyne quayside but with a 80db limit

Ouch - been there, done that....80db is ridiculously low - Venue basically ought not to have live music at all.
    Also explains this:
    Catthan said:
     indifferent and unresponsive crowd

Busy month for my band, we're based in Birmingham and tonight we're in Swansea, tomorrow we're in Hull.

#-o

• Private gig Saturday night, and Prince of Wales Ham hill near Yeovil on Sunday afternoon.
    Rock covers with Flashback tomorrow night at the Ship, North Cambridge. The nearest Cambridge has to a rough pub, in what passes for 'the toughest estate' in Cambridge - Mrs bj is concerned about me taking the gear there in the car!
    Tonight (Saturday), Crimson on Silver are off to Ilfracombe to play The Chill Bar.

• Tonight (Saturday), Crimson on Silver are off to Ilfracombe to play The Chill Bar.

That's a fair old hike for you boys!
    koneguitarist;310131" said:
    Monkeybone said:

Tonight (Saturday), Crimson on Silver are off to Ilfracombe to play The Chill Bar.
    p

That's a fair old hike for you boys!
    Next week we're in Essex!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    We're on at 7:30pm at the Waterton Arms in Market Deeping tonight, and then 1pm tomorrow at the Iron Horse Ranch (also in Deeping).

Don't ask me, I didn't book it... ;)

Usual deal applies - forumites get a pint on me (I'm the one with the Jet City amp and Jaden Rose guitar...). I feel fairly safe saying this, because I haven't had a single person claim theirs yet...
    <space for hire>
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Sufficiently intrigued to google the Iron Horse Ranch which turns out to be, perhaps predictably, a US themed restaurant but quite biker friendly so maybe that's the reason for a rock band at 1pm on a Sunday. Odd.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    bigjon said:
    Rock covers with Flashback tomorrow night at the Ship, North Cambridge. The nearest Cambridge has to a rough pub, in what passes for 'the toughest estate' in Cambridge - Mrs bj is concerned about me taking the gear there in the car!

Eh? That's my local!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2014
    Just setting off for Camp Bestival in Dorset where Basement Jaxx are headlining the final day, and the sun's shining, hooray!!

Edit - Wow, Sinead O'Connor was on before us and was just absolutely amazing. Awesome. Does anyone know who her electric guitarist is? He was brilliant - I was surprised how live and rocky her band was in fact.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/Vizzage/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsbce33b2e.jpg
    viz;310435" said:
    bigjon said:

Eh? That's my local!
    Well we had a great night there in the end, and the car was safe as there was a kebab van stationed in the carpark. @viz that kebab van will be your local, as well - do you recommend it?

Oh yes, delicious.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    not a gig but I'm gong to be doing some acoustic instrumental numbers with a friend at a local open mic'   :)