Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who's gigging tonight? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Playing boomtown fair this weekend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone in Manchester tomorrow (Thursday) night? Come and see Fly the bird at The night and day cafe before the council close it down...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    My lads buddies Pokachi Pokachi are at the Black Dog in Northgate, Crawley Tomorrow night.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 259
    Tomorrow night, Essex will be invaded by five guys from Somerset. Specifically The Ship Inn in Leigh on Sea, by Crimson On Silver...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2703
    Tonight (Tuesday 12th August) at Ain't Nothin But, 20 Kingly St.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Got a quick slot tomorrow night at the Voodoo Lounge in Stamford - might be playing as a 4-piece, might be trying out a new guitarist..who knows? Fundraiser for a local Roller Derby team, so lots of young ladies about in their skating getup...

<space for hire>
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    Who's gigging tonight?

I am (Hurrah!). Fox Inn West Mersea, a bit out of the way but a nice enough place. 

Last time we played there our singer walked out on us (after the gig fortunately!) in an argument over money, hopefully not an augury...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    Tonight is Crimson On Silver's first gig anniversary, so we're celebrating by gigging at The Bell in Yeovil.

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• Tonight is Crimson On Silver's first gig anniversary, so we're celebrating by gigging at The Bell in Yeovil.

My son came along and enjoyed the band, I dropped him off in a white caddy van, whilst you lot were all chopsing in car park. Did wave, but had to rush off to my gig in Norton!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    koneguitarist;323333" said:
    Monkeybone said:

Tonight is Crimson On Silver's first gig anniversary, so we're celebrating by gigging at The Bell in Yeovil.

My son came along and enjoyed the band, I dropped him off in a white caddy van, whilst you lot were all chopsing in car park. Did wave, but had to rush off to my gig in Norton!
    Ah cool, how did yours go?

• Really well, couple of hundred people in a marquee with fish and chips and free beer!
    Unfortunately I had to drive !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2014
    Well, was supposed to be doing an acoustic duo gig tonight at Uncle Tom's Cabin in Wincanton, but they double booked. And when I say double booked, there was no mention of us playing there in their diary, and the person who does their bookings is abroad at the moment...

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    We're playing Peterborough Beer Festival tomorrow afternoon at 3pm - it's a bit bigger than the name would suggest.

Be there, or be....etc.
    <space for hire>
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Playing at Cambridge Utd with 60s (literally for the permanent members) rock'n'roll band The Spree tomorrow, Sat 23rd Aug, at 8pm
    Eek! Triple header!!!

Saturday night is a proper paying gig at the Fatling & Firkin in Hornchurch and then we have two charity sets on Sunday - 3:00-ish at the Spa in Hockley and 6:00-ish at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock in Leytonestone...

The fingers cannae take it Captain...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    edited August 2014
    JayGee said:

Saturday night is a proper paying gig at the Fatling & Firkin in Hornchurch
    Lively crowd, (Firkin), but very "cosy" on stage.

We're playing just up the road.  We're hoping our drummer shows up this time; last gig was... awkward.
  • JayGee said:
    Eek! Triple header!!!

Saturday night is a proper paying gig at the Fatling & Firkin in Hornchurch and then we have two charity sets on Sunday - 3:00-ish at the Spa in Hockley and 6:00-ish at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock in Leytonestone...

The fingers cannae take it Captain...

Same here -Gigging tonight, Sunday AND Monday....Who gets married on a bank holiday Monday?! Probably seemed a good idea at the time.

Grunfeld said:
    JayGee said:

Saturday night is a proper paying gig at the Fatling & Firkin in Hornchurch
    Lively crowd, (Firkin), but very "cosy" on stage.

We're playing just up the road.  We're hoping our drummer shows up this time; last gig was... awkward.
    We like lively crowds and we're used to "intimate" venues (The Star & Garter in Chelmsford is more of a short corridor than a room...).

Good luck with the drummer thing - we're just congratulating ourselves on having returned to the venue where our last singer walked out on us without losing anyone... :-)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Urban Legends are supporting The Swiine at the Sherwin Arms, Nottingham tomorrow. It's just off the Bramcote island on the A52. We are opening at 14:00, Absolute Zero are on at 18:00, and The Swiine at 21:00. There are a couple of solo acts in between.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Grunfeld said: 
    Lively crowd, (Firkin), but very "cosy" on stage
    Bloody hell, you weren't kidding about that stage....

Our drummer generally uses a 7-piece (not including snare, cymbals, and the other assorted bits of ironmongery) kit and was somewhat disgruntled at the prospect of stripping back to Charlie Watts mode. All turned out fine in te end though and yes, a good crowd. :-)
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Playing at Audio, 14 Midland Street, Glasgow, tonight with my band The Joules. £5 on the door, 3 other bands. First gig with new bass player and fuzz factory clone, looking forward to it!
    ;-)

• Got a private gig tomorrow other bloody side of Bridgewater for singers boss! So I have to be nice !!! >:)
    The Woodman, Halstead. 

Last gig ever (it's being turned into a Co-op) for what's been a brilliant pub venue so we intend to make it a fitting send off....
    JayGee said:
    The Woodman, Halstead. 

Last gig ever (it's being turned into a Co-op) for what's been a brilliant pub venue so we intend to make it a fitting send off....
    ~24 hours of elapsed time and ~3.5 hours of playing time later...

Ow. I ache in places I didn't know I had places. Good fun though, the (large, raucous, enthusiastic) crowd seemed to like it, and I think we gave the place the sort of send off it deserves.
  • Free show tonight (ep release) at 93 Feet East on Brick Lane for my band Two By Sea (www.twobyseaband.com). I expect we will go on at 9.
    Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, Leytonestone. Must be doing something right as that'll be the third time in three months. 

Also a gratifying number of dates on the calendar for next year... :-)
  • Tenbury Wells on Saturday. Meeting most of the rest of the band tonight. This will not be slick! :(|)
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2014
    Tenbury Wells on Saturday. Meeting most of the rest of the band tonight. This will not be slick! :(|)
    Lol, hope it goes well.

I would come along but I'm also out on Saturday....private party thingy at a cricket club....but my first gig with my new Charvel So-Cal so expect Floyd Rose drivebombs during Mustang Sally 
    :ar!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    The Jellyheads (my lot) are rattling the optics at the Wharf in Fenny Compton tonight (Friday 5th) and tomorrow (Saturday 6th) at the Roadhouse in Coventry. Keep small children and pets indoors. Bring your dancing trousers. Always read the label...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• FezFez Frets: 472
    Borrowed Time are at the Windmill, Gossops Green, Crawley. on Saturday.
    Also my buddy Danny Giles is at the Black Dog, Northgate, Crawley tonight.
    Don't touch that dial.