Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who's gigging tonight? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376
    After a gap of several weeks, whilst we all went on our hols, Starbelly are back tonight at The Bowling Green, Northwich.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • A few tunes with buddies in OSheas, Manchester ce soir, should be pleasant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) at Beech Hill Memorial Hall RG7.  With Offcuts/Rosedale/Carbon Copy.  12:30 kick-off.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    The Gerry Farrow Band at The Pharmacie Arms in Syston, Leicester tonight from 8:30pm. Cracking micropub in an old Pharmacy…..
    Starbelly are playing at our favourite venue, Costello's Bar in Warrington, again tonight.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    OK this gig isn't tonight but if I leave it till the day it could be too late! I'm playing (mainly) rhythm guitar with excellent Bowie tribute Rebel Heroes at the Old Court in Windsor on 9th September - tickets still available here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    edited August 2023
    We are playing on the Bandstand in Crawley memorial gardens on Saturday.
    The running order is Ken Birch and friends at 12.30pm
    Borrowed Time at 2pm
    Brogue at 3.30pm
    Don't touch that dial.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    For anyone in Herts, lots going on this weekend.

On Saturday there's AdFest (free festival) 12:00 - 22:00 in Broxbourne, Wormley Scout Field - donations to Teens Unit. I'll be playing bass (badly) for a friend and then doing my own set later on in the day.

Sunday Hertford is hosting Absolutely Not The MMT. The MMT is a town-wide August bank holiday thing that has happened for nearly 20 years, but this year it isn't, because the local authority are pricks. However, many, many of the venues that were normally involved are doing it anyway, so there will be a full day/night of live music at almost every pub, bar and social gathering place in the town. I'm doing a couple of slots at various places, but there will be something for everyone if you wander around.
    Starbelly are playing at The Winchester Club in Skelmersdale this evening.  Sunday night gig but a Bank Holiday weekend, so no idea what the crowd will be like (the last Sunday gig we did was an ill-conceived Father's Day event, to about 5 people!).

After this we've got a big gap in the diary following a couple of cancelations and a lack of availability of band members.  Still, a chance to work in some new material before the autumn bookings.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1522
    Coney Island Maybe are playing The Forum Tunbridge Wells tonight for the Local and Live Festival. 

Then over the road to The Grey Lady for an after party where I’ll be with my other band the Airstreams plus Harveys, River Flows and combinations of all 3. 
    Not tonight, but next Wednesday (13th) September anyone in the Hertford area is welcome to come support local music (and in a very small way, me :D ). On a three artist line up at the Corn Exchange.

It's ticketed, but advance tickets are only £6 so it's not going to break the bank for most people.

Event details here (on Facebook).

Ticket sales here - use discount code SAC23 to avoid the booking fee.

If you live locally and prefer old school, I do have some physical tickets which can be exchanged for cash at the pre-sale rate. Message me and I'll sort it out.

If you're not on Facebook, live locally, and fancy coming it's:

Hertford Corn Exchange
    Wednesday 13th September
    Doors 8 p.m.
    Shouts At Clouds - Thieves - Ace Persona
    Even if I'm shit, the other two bands are pretty good :)
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    Playing bass for a friend's band at Caerphilly Mountain Snack Bar (it's bigger than you'd think from the name) on Sunday afternoon - all arranged to cheer on the Tour of Britain whizzing past. 

Feel free to come down if you're in the area, should be a good fun atmosphere. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Boneyard are headlining the EastFest event this Saturday 9th. I think there are 7 acts in total from about 13:30 till we go on around 21:00

All monies to mental health charities in memory of Richard East a local musician.

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/EastFestRockEvent/

Advance tickets: https://www.cambridgelive.org.uk/tickets/events/eastfest-2023

Pay on the day as well.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2108
    edited September 2023
    My new band The Noisemaker’s Guild are playing Eastwood Conservative Club tonight at 8pm as part of the DH Lawrence Music Festival. It features 100+ Acts across the whole town and is totally free. 

• For the fourth time, my band is playing the Murfest music festival in Sussex today. The stage setup is looking good.

Keefy said:
    OK this gig isn't tonight but if I leave it till the day it could be too late! I'm playing (mainly) rhythm guitar with excellent Bowie tribute Rebel Heroes at the Old Court in Windsor on 9th September - tickets still available here.

Bumping this because now it IS tonight! It's going to be a hot one...
  • Not tonight, this afternoon! Coney Island Maybe at Cranfest - Cranbrook, Kent town festival. Then tomorrow at the Brecknock Arms beer festival. 
    Me, tonight, Hertford Corn Exchange. Doors 8 p.m., I'm on stage at 8:15, followed by three other bands. Cheapo night out, come and mock an old man.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Flamebearer are playing Helgi's in Hackney tomorrow, supporting Margarita Witchcult
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Tonight at the rampant horse Needham market the ISHKATZ plus surprise singer spot Micheal Stewart
    Anyone playing in or around Dudley tonight? Staying in Kingswinford and Mrs Keefy fancies a look out.
  • Stonefox at the Lucombe Oak, Exeter, tonight.

It's not a competition.
  • Keefy said:
    Anyone playing in or around Dudley tonight? Staying in Kingswinford and Mrs Keefy fancies a look out.
    Blimey what did you do? Couple of lively looking pubs in Kingswinford and a Thai restaurant. Stourbridge tends to be the rock and roll centre of the Black Country and Nina Conti is playing Brierley Hill Civic tonight. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • If there are any VW Campervan afficionados here, you might see my band Ruby and The Mystery Cats at the Druridge Bay Campout festival tonight. In the pissing rain by the looks of it! 
    The White Hart in Loughborough tonight with The Gerry Farrow Band from 9pm.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Tomorrow Saturday I’m depping on guitar and vocals at Kesgrave social club. It might not be very exiting but helping out some mates.
  • Painted Wolf are headlining a benefit gig at the British Legion in Crossgates tomorrow night. My ES-335 is having its first outing in a long time as I’ve been gigging my LP Special and Tele for most of this year. 
    Horse & Groom in Derby tonight with Gun Money from 8:30ish.
    Rowells Drinking Emporium in Long Eaton nr Nottingham tonight with Gun Money. It’s a really fabulous micro pub in an old haberdashery. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    My band KURTZ are at the Wee Red Bar in the Art College, Edinburgh tonight, 7-10pm, with Los Fantasticos Melones - who describe themselves as Mariachi punk, we're more garage-punk - Stooges to Pixies roughly - DJ first, bands at 8 and 9. £3 on the door, cash or card/phone.

"Does this song have fuzz bass on it?" "It does now!" :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter