Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Unfortunately I cant make any date in September now (my wifes 50th birthday seems to be happening all month....) 
    I can do 2nd/3rd, 16/17th, 23/24th and 30/31st Oct.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    Brocco said:
    @nickp - at the moment we are hoping by some miracle that there is one Sat or Sun in Sept or Oct which we can all make (a long shot of course, but worth a try), so at this point are requesting WE dates in Sept & Oct when members are unavailable
    have you got a feeling yet - or would it be best to "pick a date" and hope...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    @nickp the WE of 2/3 Oct, 16/17 Oct and 23/24 Oct work for everyone who has responded so far - would be ideal to know if any of these dates work for everyone else 
    nudgy mc nudge face to everyone else :)
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Those dates are good for me at the mo.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    Brocco said:
    @Brocco  - I have nothing planned that far in advance so all good for me, happy to go with what works best for everyone else :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    No preference. 
    Be seeing you.
    we currently have 11 members for whom 2/3 October, 16/17 October and 23/24 October work, so suggest we give it another 24 hours to allow for outstanding responses to come through and then commit to a date.

@nickp - would you be okay to liaise with Factory again?
    Brocco said:
    we currently have 11 members for whom 2/3 October, 16/17 October and 23/24 October work, so suggest we give it another 24 hours to allow for outstanding responses to come through and then commit to a date.

@nickp - would you be okay to liaise with Factory again?
    yarp.  I'm away later today back Turdsday morning.  So I'll do it Turdsday or Friday
    Tagging attendees from the 2019 event not yet confirmed for this year - it would be very nice to see you if you can make it?

@mart @MagicPigDetective @robwright @TimmyO @fandango ;

• HCDaviesHCDavies Frets: 12
    As things stand I'm free through Sept and Oct, that may change though as my circumstances are in a state of flux at the moment. I would prefer a Saturday, but that's not a definite no to a Sunday. 

@nickp - any joy with Factory Nick?
    Brocco said:
    @nickp - any joy with Factory Nick?
    messaged.  awaiting response
    not yet - no reply.  I'll kick them today or tomorrow - will have to phone the buggers
    edited June 2021
    Happy to do a bit of singing. (No metal)  =)
    Let's have some song suggestions from those who have yet to nominate tracks   ;)
    These should be pretty is to pick up:

Hard to handle - Black Crowes
    Rocks - Primal Scream
    Pretty in Pink - Pyschedelic Furs
    Fortunate Son -  CCR
    Gold on the ceiling - The Black Keys
    I will follow  - U2
    Have Love will travel - The Sonics
    edited June 2021
    Be seeing you.
    @HCDavies & @bobblehat - we usually ask each person attending to nominate two tracks to be fair to everyone. As you have both kindly suggested a few more than that, please could you confirm two songs from the lists you provided.

Keen to get the group conversation going on interest levels in playing in the 'house band' for certain tracks, but we do need everyone to propose two tracks   :)  
    edited June 2021
    Brocco said:
    @HCDavies & @bobblehat - we usually ask each person attending to nominate two tracks to be fair to everyone. As you have both kindly suggested a few more than that, please could you confirm two songs from the lists you provided.

Keen to get the group conversation going on interest levels in playing in the 'house band' for certain tracks, but we do need everyone to propose two tracks     
    I'll go with these two:

Rocks - Primal Scream

@bobblehat - many thanks - now added to list (in the first post) 
    Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - The Police
    and I'll change the second to be
    China Girl - David Bowie.

I'm happy to sing and guitar both
    @HCDavies - thank you, list updated
    Two things

@mrkb
    @Legionreturns
    @Vibetronic
    @Handsome_Chris
    @spark240
    @nickp
    @roberty
    @Jonathangus
    @onlyonebradders
    @Funkfingers
    @nicos236
    @Bernie

Please nominate some songs

And do we need to nominate which tracks suggested by others we want to contribute on.

For myself I'd like to play on Just what I Needed - The Cars as well as my nominated songs.

@HCDavies - cheers. It's only by members nominating which tracks (other than their own suggestions) they wish to play on will the list of tracks get refined. Regarding Just What I Needed, please could you confirm which band part are you up for: vox, lead, bass, etc.
  • Detroit Rock City - Kiss
    Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited June 2021
    I propose-
    Faster Pussycat - Bathroom Wall
    Poison - Talk Dirty to Me

Id like to sing and play guitar, though Poison vocals is in @roberty range ;)

Id be happy to add vocals.guitar or drums to-
    Rocks - Primal Scream

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    My suggestions:

Supergrass - Richard III
    Def Leppard - Rock of Ages

Can put myself forward for guitar on Black Crowes and Poison.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

HCDavies said:
    do we need to nominate which tracks suggested by others we want to contribute on.
    Yes, indeedy. (When I see any, I shall volunteer.) 
    Be seeing you.
This discussion has been closed.