Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Post-Lockdown pedal building - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Post-Lockdown pedal building

What's Hot
1353637383941»

Comments

• roberty said:
    Redid my DIY noise gate. New graphics and a reflow/tidy inside. I think I can get half my big board DIY now. I just want to confuse any pedal nerds who lean over for a look

Looks good. 

On that confusing the nerds, I have a life pedal and a delay to someone, at a gig they had people filing them and afterwards they found out they were videoing the pedals, which made me smile. I’ve given a few to bands and people who are just starting out playing, it’s nice to know they are getting used 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Apologies for taking longer than expected. Here's the noisey muff circuit. Any help will be much appreciated.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/198435672@N03/z9RyA2YF9w
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Soldering looks clean @Rkphilpot. The noise could be from your PSU. Have you tried another PSU or a battery?
  • Yeah I've tried my truetone and I'm using a Gigrig isolated PSU in that video.
  • I reflowed all the solder too as I thought it would be a bad joint somewhere 
  • Rkphilpot said:
    I reflowed all the solder too as I thought it would be a bad joint somewhere 
    I would try and see if it is better in the box but first shorted the wires and resolver. Out of interest did it work ok before you added the switch as it sounds like a bad ground. 

Otherwise as mentioned earlier get a probe and trace the circuit. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Did this EQD Life mini clone on a Fuzz Dog PCB

Been looking for an octave fuzz type thing for my band. I have a Fjord Fenris on my board at the moment which is nice and fat but I could do with something a bit tighter

The stock Life circuit has the requisite tightness but was too bright overall

So I've made this with ProCo Fat Rat specs for the Rat stage. Seems to be working well at home

I had an old LM308 can lying around so I've used that

The knob won't fit on the Octave shaft so I need to order a new knob

May experiment with diodes and cap values later but quite happy with it for now

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have an idea for a more tweakable version of this, hence the name. I just decided to knock this one up quickly and use fixed values to get what I want for now
  • Rkphilpot said:
    I would try and see if it is better in the box but first shorted the wires and resolver. Out of interest did it work ok before you added the switch as it sounds like a bad ground. 

I honestly cant remember, I have ordered the parts for a probe, I just follow the signal path from the schematic right?

Thanks for your help
    Rkphilpot said:
    Rkphilpot said:

I honestly cant remember, I have ordered the parts for a probe, I just follow the signal path from the schematic right?

Thanks for your help
    Yep you can listen to the signal at each spot and get an idea of where things are going wrong. It can narrow it down a great deal
    edited September 2023
    Did this FX10 Bi-Fet Boost. Absolutely love this circuit, it may well become my favourite boost pedal

I'll change the LED to red. I was going to use some different knobs but I didn't like them

• I've ordered a Jed's Peds test bed and I'm going to make a probe.

I've attached the schematic. Do I test every component? Is there any sort of rule where the signal spits? 
    Sorry for the questions but I really want to learn more about this. It is very disheartening when even a simple pedal doesn't work properly.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/198435672@N03/HXC0A290gC
  • Did take inspiration from Goliath Fx to make some cool comic book cases. Black and White is the Crow and is for a fuzz circuit. The Dystopian monkey case is for a bit crusher.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/198435672@N03/qz3XHWNF9G
    Rkphilpot said:
    I've ordered a Jed's Peds test bed and I'm going to make a probe.

I've attached the schematic. Do I test every component? Is there any sort of rule where the signal spits? 
    Sorry for the questions but I really want to learn more about this. It is very disheartening when even a simple pedal doesn't work properly.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/198435672@N03/HXC0A290gC
    Just follow the signal from the input, C1, C2 etc
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 144
    Just wondering if anybody has built the Fuzzdog version of the Reverberation Machine? I’m particularly interested in the feedback mod… any experience?
    Sorry @TJT1979 can't help you there

Did a graphic for this old compressor build. It's the tarted up Ross one. I think it needs gold knobs

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1534
    finally got round to painting a few enclosures. Harmonic Perc type...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Love it @markblack. Animal is my spirit animal. Either him or Rick James
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    markblack said:
    finally got round to painting a few enclosures. Harmonic Perc type...

Absolutely LOVE this!! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    and another couple... 

range master and a MKII bender...
    Really like the skull @markblack and the fancy bezels
    @roberty cheers - just a few pin badges with the backs clipped off and a bit of superglue. But I quite like picking them for the pedals... plus I'm too lazy to do them properly :)
    @markblack it's proper enough mate :-) 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I assume that was the option. Whatever it is they look brilliant. I might steal the idea! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    @stickyfiddle cheers!
  • Nice work.

Everyone should have a Harmonic Percolator.