Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pearls of wisdom from missus nunckee - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pearls of wisdom from missus nunckee

What's Hot

Comments

• rogdrogd Frets: 1430
    Mrs rogd to two daughters and rog:
    'I'm not going to buy any more biscuits........... you lot only eat them'???
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Mrs C whilst we were watching a programme about tuna fishing in Japan:-

”You’ll probably think I’m stupid, but if a tuna is that big, how is it that it comes in such small tins?”
    This thread isn't doing anything for my liberal feminist views.  I mean...  WTF...  What's her opinion on tins of corned beef?  A cow sized tin?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    Emp_Fab said:
    Mrs C whilst we were watching a programme about tuna fishing in Japan:-

”You’ll probably think I’m stupid, but if a tuna is that big, how is it that it comes in such small tins?”
    This thread isn't doing anything for my liberal feminist views.  I mean...  WTF...  What's her opinion on tins of corned beef?  A cow sized tin?

God knows.

She once told me that corned beef came from the corners of the cow. I figured out it was what her old man told her, but he was a big wind-up merchant.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    I once told my daughter that Pineapples came from Pinneapolis, which was near Minneapolis. She's quite gullible, and believed me for a while until she checked with my wife, who informed her that I was an idiot.
    Call me Dave.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    During a Winter Olympics I told my, now ex-, wife that we had won Silver in the snowballing and a Gold in snowman building.

She excitedly relayed this information too her work colleagues the next day.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    edited June 2022
    My aged mum is starting to suffer with mild dementia. While this is a bit concerning, it does mean she comes out with some absolute blinders. This morning’s conversation went like : 

Me: did you watch any of the jubilee stuff on the tv?

Mum: Oh yes. Well I watched the London one. I expect you got a different version where you live. 

(Obviously there’s a Queen of Kent who keeps a very low profile. )

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    I worked with a really nice bloke for about six years in the tree surgery industry.
    He would often say that someone had no morales. I spoke to him yesterday, about 30 years later and he said it again.
    He's having a rough time so I couldn't bring myself to scream 'It's morals for fucks sake'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    That sounds depressingly familiar, @boogieman - mine is 94, still living on her own, but getting very forgetful.

Her older (!) sister died recently, and the funeral is on Monday - we usually visit my Ma on Tuesday, so as we were leaving today I said "Right, we'll see you on Monday, the funeral is at quarter past one so we'll be here about twelve to pick you up".

Ma: Why are you coming on Monday?

Me: To take you to the funeral!

Ma: Oh right - what time will it be?

Me: Quarter past one!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2022
    Nitefly said:
    That sounds depressingly familiar, @boogieman - mine is 94, still living on her own, but getting very forgetful.

Her older (!) sister died recently, and the funeral is on Monday - we usually visit my Ma on Tuesday, so as we were leaving today I said "Right, we'll see you on Monday, the funeral is at quarter past one so we'll be here about twelve to pick you up".

Ma: Why are you coming on Monday?

Me: To take you to the funeral!

Ma: Oh right - what time will it be?

Me: Quarter past one!

It’s a weird thing, I don’t know if your mum’s the same  @Nitefly ? With mine her longterm memory is incredible; she can tell me all sorts of things that happened in WW2 in absolutely minute detail. But then she’ll forget something that we’ve discussed five minutes earlier. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Absolutely the same, @boogieman - endless tales of how she left school at 14 to go working making uniforms for the RAF, etc.  To be fair, a lot of it is really interesting, and I should probably start writing it down while she can still remember.

But yes, we can have the same conversation three times in ten minutes...  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 927
    Nitefly said:

But yes, we can have the same conversation three times in ten minutes...  

Isn't that a definition of a fretboarder?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 607
    Someone I was at school with, on asking what was wrong with a friend, misheard "swollen glands" as "swallowed her hand" and spent the rest of the day imagining her friend had her arm stuck down her throat.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    My mum’s the same, but with a slight twist. She’s now telling me about stuff that happened when I was a kid. Except it never happened.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    My Mum is struggling these days. Her latest thing is to repeatedly ask me if I know her nearby town has a hospital. Yes Mum, I was born there. That's fun about five times in 30 minutes...
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    I don't mean to be rude to anyone is this thread or anything...but...well... 
    I don't mean to be rude to anyone is this thread or anything...but...well... 
    Err? Sorry, not getting your drift. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    No because it could apply to husbands, boyfriends, kids, parents etc just as mucj
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    My wife just used her amazing logic again to come up with a corker.

I was reading this news article on the BBC. Admittedly she didn't have the pictures, just a headline that I read out.

Two killed as Nio electric car falls from third floor office in Shanghai

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61919581

Her reaction was "How did the floor manage to collapse?"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    My wife, when tackling my young daughter's dishonesty, became confused and told her that she wouldn't accept her "cock and balls story".
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    sev112 said:
    No because it could apply to husbands, boyfriends, kids, parents etc just as mucj
    Totally.  It just happens to be that I married a woman, and not a man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    Couple of beauties from MrsRTB recently.

I mused "how do people with Mohicans sleep"
    Her first response "they wear a kind of hat"
    Me: "eh, how would that work or help?'
    MrsRTB: "maybe they use string then"

:open_mouth: 

Next up, this is something she did rather than a thing she said. She went to the shop to pick up some bits n bobs. Whilst there she decided to get our 20 year old son some of the new super strength hayfever pills. I think the funniest bit about this story is that she did the dramatic handover to him - "close your eyes, put your hand in the bag, it's a present".

She's bought him period pain tablets!  :smile: 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    My ancient mum decided she wanted to weigh herself the other day, so I went to get the scales from her bathroom. 
    “Ooooh, no! You can’t use those. They’re in kilometres or something. British people only weigh stones and pounds.”
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    One I’d forgotten…

Lady where I used to work - It was so hot this morning that I needed my sunglasses 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    The other night, our xmas tree lights were  flickering and annoying the wife, she asked me to put them on ‘silent’ for her.
    This made me laugh out loud. I read it out to Mrs Tannin who said "Silent Night?"

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    edited July 2022
    Mrs Vegas "that train has sailed" said only this morning 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    DesVegas said:
    Mrs Vegas "that train has sailed"
    That gave me a delayed-reaction LOL.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 3922
    HAL9000 said:
    One I’d forgotten…

Lady where I used to work - It was so hot this morning that I needed my sunglasses 

Walking to the car park on a very bright sunny winter's day a few years ago, and one of my colleagues said "Why are you wearing sunglasses? It's freezing!" :confounded: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Another winter one...

Colleague: The driver’s door was iced up so I tried pouring boiling water into the keyhole.

Your’s truly: Aren’t you worried it’s going to freeze up again by home time?

Colleague: No, I used boiling water.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Overly loud lady in the pub: My boyfriend wants to take me up The Shard this weekend.

Cue helpless laughter from rest of pub.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Had to bring back this old thread, I booked missus munckee's car in for a service and MOT today, she asked how much that would be and I said £320 + any work from the MOT.  "That's tpo much don't get the service, nothing goes wrong with the car"  I explain it's because it's serviced regularly.  This afternoon missus munckee phones and said it was exactly £320 as it passed the MOT - "see, it didn't need the service did it!"

Erm.