Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• I deeply suspect a 10 week old baby will have a mild impact on my ability to attend and help with long distance jams! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    @Legionreturns ;Family circumstances are no reason to apologise. 

Those who really want another South Western jam to happen will have to push for it, network behind the scenes, build some momentum/enthusiasm, sufficient to make the exercise financially viable. 

About one year ago, Jetfire suggested a South Wales forumite gathering. (More of a natter and comparing guitars over a bevvy than musical performance.) The reaction seemed to be, "Yeah, I'd attend that if somebody else organised it and I had the option to bail out at the last minute."

Insufficient commitment = no incentive to find/book a venue and rake in subscription payments = no event.

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    @spark240 and I were involved in the organisation of last year's Western Jam and would both be happy to help again if we can secure a few more committed organisers including at least one local to the venue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’d be happy to help out with pre and on the day organisation as well, as I have done at previous events But live 100 miles from Bristol so can’t help with venue/drummer booking etc.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’m far from Bristol but I’d be happy to help with organisation. I know very little about studios and recording though, so non technical stuff for me. Roberty knows some drummers, and Connor from last year who was brilliant is an option.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited February 2020
    I'm local to the venue and happy to liaise with them

@legionreturns it was your recording kit we were using last time wasn't it? Your contribution was massive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:

@legionreturns it was your recording kit we were using last time wasn't it? Your contribution was massive
    Yes @roberty ...I've subsequently upgraded to an XR18 so as well as setting up different monitor mixes as needed, I could record 18 tracks straight into Reaper and fully mic the drums. It would very much depend on dates though, and I definitely wouldn't be bringing a boat load of other kit.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    roberty said:

Yes @roberty ...I've subsequently upgraded to an XR18 so as well as setting up different monitor mixes as needed, I could record 18 tracks straight into Reaper and fully mic the drums. It would very much depend on dates though, and I definitely wouldn't be bringing a boat load of other kit.
    Depends what other kit we need...I have a few mics, cables etc, Last time my Kemper got used by a few folks, which is fine though It was primarily my personal settings...next time Ill put a more generous setup, Clean / Crunch / Lead etc

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    roberty said:

Depends what other kit we need...I have a few mics, cables etc, Last time my Kemper got used by a few folks, which is fine though It was primarily my personal settings...next time Ill put a more generous setup, Clean / Crunch / Lead etc
    Yeah I'm talking about kit for other rooms. 

Last time I brought my e drums etc 

More than happy to bring my mixer, laptop, drum mics and stands and uber bag of cables as well as my Supro Black Magick and / or Fender Bassbreaker. 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I have an xr18 as well so could record if needed. Might need help with getting enough mic cables though. Can bring breakables for a drum kit if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I've also got 2 SM58s and 2 SM57s so that should cover most bases. 

Can anyone here help us get a sticky up once we are ready?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    @Legionreturns if you've got a new baby/baby on the way we can sort something else out for the tracking. Don't want you to feel pressured that wasn't my intention

I'm wondering if we'd need as many rooms. Did the other ones get used last time?
    Believe we had three rooms last time, although one was little more than a walk-thru annex to the main space. The third room was used, but was somewhat disconnected from the main space location wise. In principle a second usable room closer to the main space would be useful/essential for practice and jamming. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    mrkb said:
    I have an xr18 as well so could record if needed. Might need help with getting enough mic cables though. Can bring breakables for a drum kit if needed.
    I got a decent load of cables, plus a couple of SM58,s a 57, and a couple of Rode NT,s.

Im happy to sort name badges, printed song lists,Go pro, ...    

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited February 2020
    Brocco said:
    Can anyone here help us get a sticky up once we are ready?
    Modmins deal with that. 

Meanwhile, the notion of a 2020 gathering warrants a new Discussion or several.
    1. To discover how many are interested in attending. 
    2. To choose a venue and date.
    3. To handle subscriptions. 
    4. The song list business. 
    You know the drill. 
    Be seeing you.
    As we seem to have a group of individuals prepared to share the load in delivering this potential repeat event, maybe we should just go ahead and arrange for a pro-forma announcement to be posted (absent confirmed date and assuming the same venue/location as last time) so we can assess initial demand and go from there?

How do we engage the modmins?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited February 2020
    Brocco said:

How do we engage the modmins?
    You have to summon them, using a rule 1 breach as the spell uttered, and serving up their three favourite things: 

A bag of Werthers
    A pair of leather elbow patches
    Any derogatory reference to Lee Anderton or Rob Chapman 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Alternatively, page @Roland @Bridgehouse @Jalapeno etc and ask nicely 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Start a new thread and lo, it shall be stickied
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    here is the link to the 2020 Western Jam discussion - please get stuck in and build the momentum for this event!

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/174155/western-jam-2020#latest

thank you @legionreturns and @Jalapeno ;