Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    mrkb said:
    You could use the mic2 xlr as a floating input for acoustic, mic or ax8. There’s very rarely two people who want to sing!
    I'd half thought about that. My initial idea was to use the spare mic as a makeshift overhead for the cymbals if there wasn't a second singer.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Brocco said:
    @Legionreturns - apologies, I misread your post - I have no idea if a Kemper is able to handle acoustic! 
    No problem. Probably worth finding out 

spark240 said:
    My pal Bernie is bringing a Katana....
    Is it a 100? The 50 doesn't have a line out

Its a 50...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mrkb said:
    You could use the mic2 xlr as a floating input for acoustic, mic or ax8. There’s very rarely two people who want to sing!
    I'd half thought about that. My initial idea was to use the spare mic as a makeshift overhead for the cymbals if there wasn't a second singer.
    Are you not taking direct outs from the house mixer?

We could sub group a few things?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I’m bringing a Katana 100
    @spark240 I have no idea what the house mixer is capable of, but I'd be very surprised if it has more than two mixes. 8 is better than two for mixing, especially when the levels will need changing in the mix for every song because of guitar / fx changes. 

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Question for Bernie and MPD: are you ok for your amps to be added to the list on the google sheet backline tab of those available for jamming purposes in room e?
    Room 2
    @Brocco can you give me as accurate a guess as you can on what time we will be done and packed up?

I now have to drive straight to Surrey to see my mum (likely for the last time :/ ) and I'd like to give them an indication of my arrival time. 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Sorry  hear that that Chris. If there’s anything I can do to help let me know.

I’m 2 mins off jn16 M1 so if you find you need to leave early/ at short notice on the day I could get any kit you leave behind back to Northampton for you to collect on your way back to Hudds on Sunday.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Brocco said:
    Question for Bernie and MPD: are you ok for your amps to be added to the list on the google sheet backline tab of those available for jamming purposes in room e?
    Bernie will be ok with this Im sure.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    @Legionreturns - I am so sorry to hear your news. With the kind offer from @mrkb you could head to Surrey at any point.

The venue is booked until 6pm but the performances are due to finish at 5pm to give us time for breakdown 
    mrkb said:
    Sorry  hear that that Chris. If there’s anything I can do to help let me know.

I’m 2 mins off jn16 M1 so if you find you need to leave early/ at short notice on the day I could get any kit you leave behind back to Northampton for you to collect on your way back to Hudds on Sunday.
    Cheers Mark, I'll chat to you Saturday if that's a possibility. 

Drum kit for Room 2 has been hired from factory. @mrkb checking you are still ok to bring your breakables?
    Brocco said:
    Drum kit for Room 2 has been hired from factory. @mrkb checking you are still ok to bring your breakables?

Yep, can you ask if they consider the snare and kick pedals to be breakables? Some places do some don't. Thanks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I'm going to have my v drums in the car anyway now, so I can stick them in the third room. 

They aren't crap, I've gigged them through my PA 

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    oh there's a thing on tomorrow. may I wish you all happy jamming.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    what's the score with parking? 

Presume location is Factory studios, Maze St ? (for satnav purposes) 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    @Brocco @spark240  - did you want the extra powered monitor? Sorry, not trying to nag, but only just got back in from holiday so limited time to sort stuff :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    TimmyO said:
    Presume location is Factory studios, Maze St ? (for satnav purposes) 
    Affirmative.
    TimmyO said:
    what's the score with parking? 
    That question was put on May 18th. Still not received a reply. :(

Some Idiot said:

EVENT DAY PARKING

The parking outside Factory Studios appears to be a combination of off-street (along one side of their building) and on-street, (adjacent to a wall, with no pavement). The former carries the risk of being boxed in by later arrivals. The latter may hinder your unloading.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4528073,-2.5631085,3a,75y,17.5h,69.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVuAGOBWHKAFAaxXDXT3kWQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
    Be seeing you.

Didnt someone say its an industrial estate and very quiet on the weekend so parking is good?  

@Vibetronic - a powered monitor is always useful at these things, but if its hassle then no problem  we can cope. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    spark240 said:
    Didn't someone say it’s an industrial estate and very quiet on the weekend so parking is good?  
    If anyone did post that comment, it might have been in amongst the organisational PMs. 

While we are asking these questions, what provision is there in (or near) Factory Studios for tea, coffee and food?
    Be seeing you.
    spark240 said:
    Didn't someone say it’s an industrial estate and very quiet on the weekend so parking is good?  
    If anyone did post that comment, it might have been in amongst the organisational PMs. 

While we are asking these questions, what provision is there in (or near) Factory Studios for tea, coffee and food?
    I believe there are refreshments available at the studios according to their website..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:

As written by @robwright in organiser chat

Plenty of free parking as its an industrial estate and obviously quiet on a Saturday! 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    spark240 said:

@Vibetronic - a powered monitor is always useful at these things, but if its hassle then no problem  we can cope. 
    no probs, I'll drop by and see if he's in tomorrow morning :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    spark240 said:
    spark240 said:

As written by @robwright in organiser chat

Plenty of free parking as its an industrial estate and obviously quiet on a Saturday! 
    awesome ta 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    edited June 2019
    @Legionreturns - are you bringing a vocal processor to add reverb to vocals? If not I’ll bring mine.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    @Legionreturns - are you bringing a vocal processor to add reverb to vocals? If not I’ll bring mine.
    I'll have my Perform V in the bag 

mrkb said:
    Great, does it have a dalek setting ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    Great, does it have a dalek setting ;)
    Well it's the same one ;) 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Looking forward to it guys. Really impressed with the planning effort. Should be a lot of fun