Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited June 2019
    spark240 said:

spark240 said:
    Got there in the end... @Roberty @mart @nickos236 ;;;;;

How did you get the drums so punchy on that?! I'm guessing it's compression - you've got the snare how I wanted to get it to sound (but failed!). 
    Schepps Omni on the Kick & snare..its got some great presets for drums, it could have been super punchy if I could be bothered to gate everything but with no OH it would sound bad I think.

Also used a basic compressor on default setting....nothing special.

Used Ozone 8 on Master Bus.
    I copied the snare onto two separate tracks, then gated one off like a snare and EQd the snare out of the other one to use as a sort of overhead.

I also used presets on the compressors haha

Yours are really loud and bright and clear, wonder if that's the ozone? If I did a bounce with no bus compression could you wang it thru your mastering plug?

@Spark240 that snare sounds great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    roberty said:
    spark240 said:

spark240 said:
    Got there in the end... @Roberty @mart @nickos236 ;;;;;

How did you get the drums so punchy on that?! I'm guessing it's compression - you've got the snare how I wanted to get it to sound (but failed!). 
    Schepps Omni on the Kick & snare..its got some great presets for drums, it could have been super punchy if I could be bothered to gate everything but with no OH it would sound bad I think.

Also used a basic compressor on default setting....nothing special.

Used Ozone 8 on Master Bus.
    I copied the snare onto two separate tracks, then gated one off like a snare and EQd the snare out of the other one to use as a sort of overhead.

I also used presets on the compressors haha

Yours are really loud and bright and clear, wonder if that's the ozone? If I did a bounce with no bus compression could you wang it thru your mastering plug?

@Spark240 that snare sounds great
    Of course !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Get yer Rocks Off ...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    There are still quite a few tracks to do.

As most of you will know, I've been somewhat...distracted over the last week, but I will need my onedrive space back at some point. 

If anyone would like to take ownership of the list on the other thread, and work out what needs doing, I'd be very grateful. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Chris, I’m away this week, but if no one picks this up I’ll do it next week, on my return  ( after Tuesday ) .

I can download all files and reload to my One drive if needed ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’ve downloaded all the stems, but don’t have anywhere to host them all, and my soundcloud account seems full. I could host a set of stems if someone wants a particular track. Is the plan for a full set of mixes to be produced or could it be done for those that are requested?

Is anyone waiting to hear themselves on a track?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I'd quite like to hear my bass efforts on All right now.

edited June 2019

Wish granted... (as long as you were in the first version....) @timmyo @mart @spark240

https://soundcloud.com/user-703938053-641465774/bristol-jam-all-right-now-1

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I played bass on both in the end. I think I did it slightly better on the second one though lol

I played bass on both in the end. I think I did it slightly better on the second one though lol

Bloody fussy customers...... ;) this seems to be a three guitar effort, but one of the guitars levels was all over the place (guitar track 2), so I mixed that lower. Havent a clue whos playing, but @timmyo has nailed the vocals again!

https://soundcloud.com/user-703938053-641465774/bristol-jam-all-right-now-2

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    mrkb said:

Bloody fussy customers...... ;) this seems to be a three guitar effort, but one of the guitars levels was all over the place (guitar track 2), so I mixed that lower. Havent a clue whos playing, but @timmyo has nailed the vocals again!

Not me on that one - I but yep it's good! 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976

mrkb said:

Wish granted... (as long as you were in the first version....) @timmyo @mart @spark240

Thanks for mixing that 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    TimmyO said:
    mrkb said:

Ah ok, may have been @spark240’s mate?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

TimmyO said:

mrkb said:

Thanks for mixing that 
    No problem, now I’ve got a ‘Bristol Jam’ template setup in Reaper, it’s a simple drag and drop, check levels and export task.

Does anyone else want a track mixing?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    TimmyO said:
    mrkb said:

Ah ok, may have been @spark240’s mate?
    @nickos236 I believe ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    @mrkb thank you for the mix of All Right Now V2, which sounds great. It felt good when we played it (@Legionsreturns, @roberty, Bernie H, myself & Nicos on vox). World tour beckons.... ;)
    Brocco said:
    @mrkb thank you for the mix of All Right Now V2, which sounds great. It felt good when we played it (@Legionsreturns, @roberty, Bernie H, myself & Nicos on vox). World tour beckons.... ;)
    Ha I strangled that solo lol
  • Hi all again,  a quick question for those involved in sorting the recordings out, I think @mrkb and @vibetronic ; uploaded the songs I played on. Are they likely to be on Soundcloud permanently? Is there anyway that I can receive, or produce from Soundcloud, an mp3 of the songs I played on, to keep for prosperity?
  • Hi all again,  a quick question for those involved in sorting the recordings out, I think @mrkb and @vibetronic ; uploaded the songs I played on. Are they likely to be on Soundcloud permanently? Is there anyway that I can receive, or produce from Soundcloud, an mp3 of the songs I played on, to keep for prosperity?
    I’ve just made those ones downloadable for you...thought they were already but seems the default is not.
  •  Vibetronic said:
    Hi all again,  a quick question for those involved in sorting the recordings out, I think @mrkb and @vibetronic ; uploaded the songs I played on. Are they likely to be on Soundcloud permanently? Is there anyway that I can receive, or produce from Soundcloud, an mp3 of the songs I played on, to keep for prosperity?
    I’ve just made those ones downloadable for you...thought they were already but seems the default is not.

Superb, thanks Ben
    Hi all again,  a quick question for those involved in sorting the recordings out, I think @mrkb and @vibetronic ; uploaded the songs I played on. Are they likely to be on Soundcloud permanently? Is there anyway that I can receive, or produce from Soundcloud, an mp3 of the songs I played on, to keep for prosperity?

Mine wont be on soundcloud for ever as they have set a 30 track? limit for free accounts, so as new ones go up old ones will be removed. I think mine are set to allow download, I can email MP3s directly if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    mrkb said:
    soundcloud ... set a 30 track limit for free accounts so, as new ones go up, old ones will be removed. 
    In the event of a 2020 Western Jam, all of the 2019 material would need to be cleared out - partly for space reasons and partly to avoid confusion between different renderings of the same songs.
    Be seeing you.
  • mrkb said:

Mine wont be on soundcloud for ever as they have set a 30 track? limit for free accounts, so as new ones go up old ones will be removed. I think mine are set to allow download, I can email MP3s directly if needed.
    Mark, unable to download the track, I'll PM my email, thanks
  • In the event of a 2020 Western Jam
    :smile: it would be so cool if there was :smile: 
    Well, it won't organise itself.
    • Some fool gotta drum up interest. 
    • There need to be enough committed subscribers to justify the cost of booking a venue. 
    • There need to be enough committed subscribers to justify the cost of hiring a seriously good drummer (or two).
    • There needs to be consensus amongst the subscribers about what songs will be performed.
    • There needs to be consensus about which subscribers will perform which songs.
    • One of the event organisers needs to live in the same town/city as the venue.
    That last point conveniently eliminates me from being an organiser.  :3

In my opinion, preparations for an event of this type in June, July or August need to begin RIGHT NOW.

Please do not assume that last year's organisers will reprise their roles.

Be seeing you.
  • Well, it won't organise itself.
    • Some fool gotta drum up interest. 
    • There need to be enough committed subscribers to justify the cost of booking a venue. 
    • There need to be enough committed subscribers to justify the cost of hiring a seriously good drummer (or two).
    • There needs to be consensus amongst the subscribers about what songs will be performed.
    • There needs to be consensus about which subscribers will perform which songs.
    • One of the event organisers needs to live in the same town/city as the venue.
    That last point conveniently eliminates me from being an organiser.  :3

In my opinion, preparations for an event of this type in June, July or August need to begin RIGHT NOW.

Please do not assume that last year's organisers will reprise their roles.

Don’t worry I won’t assume anything. I don’t know how these events are initiated or by whom, it would be great to go to one this year, be it Bristol or elsewhere, if there is anyway I could help I would. 
    The 2019 Bristol event came about because the regular gatherings were held further away from some forumites than they were willing to travel. 

Ironically, the perennial favourite Midlands and North gathering locations are probably closer to you than Bristol, Hereford or Worcester.

Be seeing you.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2863
    edited February 2020
    The 2019 Bristol event came about because the regular gatherings were held further away from some forumites than they were willing to travel. 

Ironically, the perennial favourite Midlands and North gathering locations are probably closer to you than Bristol, Hereford or Worcester.

True they are and I would consider them, but Bristol is more convenient as I am able to stay with my brother in Cardiff. Anyway, will see if anything happens this year, I do appreciate how much time and effort it involves.. If not at least I now have my mp3’s, the only recordings of me playing with a band and something to play to the grandkids when I’m older! 
    I could be involved. I know a couple of drummers too. Only thing I'm not good at is name tags
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Be seeing you.