Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1394
    I'm going to see black sabbath tomorrow night. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Completed first aid course.

I'm now not able to say "not my problem" for 3 years.  And I didn't break any of the equipment, even after punching the resuscitation dolls when I was bored.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    What started out as a jam night, pretty much ended up being a gig.

It was a lot of fun........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My 13 year old daughter telling me I'm amazing!

I'm doing something right for a change =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    My 13 year old daughter telling me I'm amazing!

Oh dear. You do realise she's softening you up for something? New phone, iPad, pony?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited February 2017
    mike_l said:

Nice one!

We had the opposite on Thursday - we did our Van Duran gig, then there was supposed to be a half-hour blues jam but there was no guitarist or keyboardist so our singer went on keys and I stayed on the guitar ... and then it went on and on till after midnight :)
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

Nice one!

We had the opposite on Thursday - we did our Van Duran gig, then there was supposed to be a half-hour blues jam but there was no guitarist or keyboardist so our singer went on keys and I stayed on the guitar ... and then it went on and on till after midnight

There was Me, Paul Mc, Noel and Mico(?) so we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), Guitar (me) Cajon (Noel) and Mico (?).

So we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), guitar (Me), cajon (Noel) and bongos (Mico), worked surprisingly well.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

Nice one!

We had the opposite on Thursday - we did our Van Duran gig, then there was supposed to be a half-hour blues jam but there was no guitarist or keyboardist so our singer went on keys and I stayed on the guitar ... and then it went on and on till after midnight

There was Me, Paul Mc, Noel and Mico(?) so we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), Guitar (me) Cajon (Noel) and Mico (?).

So we had acoustic/vocals (Paul), guitar (Me), cajon (Noel) and bongos (Mico), worked surprisingly well.
    Great stuff. 
  • boogieman said:
    My 13 year old daughter telling me I'm amazing!

Oh dear. You do realise she's softening you up for something? New phone, iPad, pony?  :)
    Oh, I know. The real question is in which order she wants them ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    My BMI is down to 24, and in a year I have dropped two trousers sizes.

All this while having a bacon sammich for breakfast most days.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Sporky said:

Tapeworms? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    boogieman said:
    Sporky said:

Tapeworms? 
    Laxatives. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited March 2017
    I am the (thread) Resurrection!

Saw Brad Paisley tonight. Oh. My. Fucking. Christ.

The songs, the stagecraft, the singing, the guitar playing AND THAT TONE. There must be very, very few better sounds than Brad letting rip on a Tele through a Dr. Z at stage volume... my dad and I both came away inspired. He's gonna give his pink paisley Tele an airing tomorrow, I think - and he's agreed to let me borrow his blue flower one!

It was my sister's birthday treat (she's a big fan) so my family and I went out for dinner beforehand and then saw the gig. She came down from uni in Manchester for the weekend especially for this, it was great to see her again.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Oh... and the other night, my girlfriend said "I love you" to me for the first time. First time a girl has ever said that to me, in fact.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bucket said:
    Oh... and the other night, my girlfriend said "I love you" to me for the first time. First time a girl has ever said that to me, in fact.
    Thats a pretty big moment right there dude. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    speshul91 said:
    boogieman said:
    Sporky said:

Tapeworms? 
    Laxatives. 
    It can be both.

Actually it's doing about a thousand calories of dog walking each day at weekends, and a slight shift in diet - I've not had pasta in months, and not much rice or bread. Apart from the bacon sammiches.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Dissertation submitted. Boo-yah.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764
    Sun's out,King Kurt blasting out on Spotify. Seeing the family later for beers and chuckles.Gonna be a good day.

Amazing how the sun being out can lift your mood so much.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    Got a first for my dissertation. :)
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bucket said:
    Got a first for my dissertation. :)
    Congrats!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Well done @Bucket!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    edited April 2017
    Bucket said:
    Got a first for my dissertation.
    So what did you solve? 
    (Probably not:  Slash & Jaffa cakes -- but with a few academic references)
    What you do it on?
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Grunfeld said:
    Bucket said:
    So what did you solve? 
    What you do it on?
    Jaffa Cakes - Biscuit Or Cake?

The only correct answer being "MORE Jaffa Cakes!!!"

edited April 2017
    Grunfeld said:
    Bucket said:
    So what did you solve? 
    What you do it on?
    The development of virtuosity on the electric guitar.

With reference to musical styles changing, and also the evolution of guitar equipment. Wrote about Charlie Christian, Les Paul, Eddie Van Halen and various others, plus the development of electric guitars, amps, strings and so on.

I suppose now it's all submitted and marked I don't have to be careful about who sees it any more - so if by any chance anyone fancies a read, feel free to PM me.
    Since the brake drum/finger injury incident I haven't been able to play guitar.

This evening I played for around 1 1/2 hours without getting a hurty finger I return.

I are quite happy with this.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1707
    Officiated my first grading today.  Quite scary, was just dropped on me, even though I'm still not a black belt, and there was one there.

Great to feel trusted like that, but I did it, and the candidate passed too, especially as he did just as I'd taught him.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Come to the decision that I think I want to grow my hair long again. Properly this time though, no stupid layers and no emo fringe. Last time it kind of grew outwards as well as downwards, I'm determined to fight against that :lol:
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8733
    Just wear a hat as a hair press until it calms down.  Mine was getting long again and has thinned a bit so it seems to now hang vertically instead of horizontally on it's own, anyway, it was getting flies in it which annoyed me, plus it took ages to comb, so after 7 pints I decided to cut it into a chin length bob, was going to shave it but thought I'd get a few more months/years out of it.  Yeah, now it's gone back to full on horizontal again...good decision.  Still, at least it's easy to comb and I have some old hair wax from 1992...
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Bucket I'm fighting the same battle mate, i actually agree with @Sambostar for once, a hat is an absolute gpd send for taming it. 
    speshul91 said:
    @Bucket I'm fighting the same battle mate, i actually agree with @Sambostar for once, a hat is an absolute gpd send for taming it. 
    Or the old footballer's-hairband trick, which isn't the best look but is great for keeping it out of your eyes.