Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATION - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATION

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    DiscoStu said:
    @TTony your map was missing quite a bit. I'm way up north, my part of Scotland is nearer the one in @EricTheWeary 's post!

https://i.imgur.com/ok3ABlg.jpg

I’m pretty sure we were on the Black Isle about to go looking for dolphins when I heard off Dave. It should be on our travels again this year. That’s fairly North! 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    DiscoStu said:
    @TTony your map was missing quite a bit. I'm way up north, my part of Scotland is nearer the one in @EricTheWeary 's post!

I’m pretty sure we were on the Black Isle about to go looking for dolphins when I heard off Dave. It should be on our travels again this year. That’s fairly North! 
    Not too far from me, I'm in Elgin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillyK57BillyK57 Frets: 11
    I’m in for sure. Both days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:

Not too far from me, I'm in Elgin.
    Sorry, not trying to take this Discussion elsewhere, just consider it a bump. However, just looked up Elgin on a map, the nearest we got was Nairn and when we got home I started googling house prices there. Elgin looks nicer if anything. 

5 years, wow :astonished: 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 209
    I think I'd better be there so the piss can be taken out of me
  • I'll be there both days. Not buying a ticket though, too tight. I'm a proper Yorkshireman.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1034
    I think i should be ok.

So long as work don't spring a surprise on me.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited March 2018
    I'll be there both days. Not buying a ticket though, too tight. I'm a proper Yorkshireman.
    No ticket, no entry mate.

Apparently, the guy who runs the place is a right miserable b'stard, so he's not going to let any freeloaders in either.

[edit]
    Oh.  Errrr ........
     :blush: 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    I'm a potential but might well be away on holidays...

Perhaps a Yorkshire holiday this year...?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • go on then put me down, liked the last 1, so this will be better eh!
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • TTony said:
    I'll be there both days. Not buying a ticket though, too tight. I'm a proper Yorkshireman.
    No ticket, no entry mate.

Apparently, the guy who runs the place is a right miserable b'stard, so he's not going to let any freeloaders in either.

[edit]
    Oh.  Errrr ........
     :blush: 
    6:26pm... Reckon you got away with that one. He'll have had a shandy and be on the floor by now ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I have other plans for that weekend. Hope my home county does you all proud and you have a reet crackin' good time.
    bigjon said:
    I have other plans for that weekend. 
    You already have other plans for a weekend in August??

I have no clue what I'm doing next weekend, let alone next month.    A plan for 5 months away is unimaginable!

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    That's us already up to 28 probably/possible/maybe attendees - and that's before we announce the special guest lineup, or @Legionreturns discloses his cunning plan for the evening entertainments ...
    :D
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    TTony said:
    That's us already up to 28 probably/possible/maybe attendees - and that's before we announce the special guest lineup, or @Legionreturns discloses his cunning plan for the evening entertainments ...
    The @Legionreturns and @Bridgehouse Full Monty?
    m_c said:
    TTony said:
    The @Legionreturns and @Bridgehouse Full Monty?
    And suddenly everyone is busy that weekend ...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    edited March 2018
    oh seems Huddersfield isn't in Berks after all... count me out then...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    57Deluxe said:
    oh seems Huddersfield isn't in Berks after all... count me out then...
    Oh there will be plenty of berks there...
  • The evenings are taking shape quite nicely actually. I'll not say anything until we've got absolute confirmations but Debbie McGee isn't cheap you know! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    It's Slash, isn't it? 
  • I’m up for this
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Looks about the same time to drive this as is to get train. I'm interested though not sure it both days yet - will check calendar when back home.
    Would be great to see you there :)
    What's going to be the differences over the two nights? I'm just thinking if I want to not take a day off, I'd drive up Friday night/ Sat morning and drive back Sunday .. maybe..
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    What's going to be the differences over the two nights? I'm just thinking if I want to not take a day off, I'd drive up Friday night/ Sat morning and drive back Sunday .. maybe..
    Not sure yet - but we do have a plan for Saturday night which could be right up your street ;)
  • It's also the Huddersfield food festival weekend, so Friday night in the station square drinking good beer and watching some good bands is always an option for earlier arrivals

I'm defo coming at least Saturday then lol. 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Unfortunately I cannot make this one as we have a big family celebration planned for that weekend. Sounds like those who can make it are in for a treat!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    Not sure yet - but we do have a plan for Saturday night which could be right up your street ;)
    Ha ha, right up your street, down your drive and into your house ...

.....what? You havent been told?
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    I believe I could make the weekend... hell of a journey but whatever.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."