Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    edited August 2017
    My Wife thinks I'm quite attractive... at least she used to   
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nikko said:
    My Wife thinks I'm quite attractive... at least she used to   
    My mum says I'm beautiful and I should never let anyone tell me different. 

She wouldn't lie to me. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    We should wear the t shirts for the photo too 
    Great idea.
    There's two people who've not seen them yet

;)
    I've not seen them either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    Great idea.

;)
    And then there were three.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    Great idea.

;)
    I'm only there to make up the numbers anyway... oh, hang on, that's in the bass players job description!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    TTony said:
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    Great idea.

;)
    I'm only there to make up the numbers anyway... oh, hang on, that's in the bass players job description!
    Yeah...........we've been through this.......

It's 1,
    THEN 2,
    THEN 3.......

Can you finish it off ?
    It starts with the letter "F".........

lol.

• I'm only there to make up the notes anyway... oh, hang on, that's in the bass players job description!
    FTFY

Alnico said:
    TTony said:
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    Great idea.

;)
    Yeah...........we've been through this.......

It's 1,
    THEN 2,
    THEN 3.......

Can you finish it off ?
    It starts with the letter "F".........

lol.

Frickenbacker?

I'm only there to make up the notes anyway... oh, hang on, that's in the bass players job description!
    FTFY
    Lol - nobody even notices the made up notes anyway!
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm not so great at counting. I prefer the "Bah Dum Chugga Chugga SOLO!!" method.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

I'm not so great at counting. I prefer the "Bah Dum Chugga Chugga SOLO!!" method.
    He was Han's nephew wasn't he?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    A genuine LOL awarded for that :)

:D 
  • I'm not so great at counting. I prefer the "Bah Dum Chugga Chugga SOLO!!" method.
    The other guitarist I play with regularly is called Hans, and he's prone to extra long solos. You can guess what we call him! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    The other guitarist I play with regularly is called Hans, and he's prone to extra long solos. You can guess what we call him! 
    Chewie?
  • I'm not so great at counting. I prefer the "Bah Dum Chugga Chugga SOLO!!" method.
    Chewie?
    Darth Maul ...obviously

Darth Maul ...obviously
    Sounds like my bass playing :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sinbad?

• slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    You need to be Hans free.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Hello everyone, I'm new here.
    The Jam sounds perfect for me. Please could I join the TBC list.
    Some simple songs for consideration include Hands Open - Snow Patrol, Your Touch - Black Keys, Song 2 - Blur, Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash.
    Many thanks
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Brocco said:
    Hello everyone, I'm new here.
    The Jam sounds perfect for me. Please could I join the TBC list.
    Some simple songs for consideration include Hands Open - Snow Patrol, Your Touch - Black Keys, Song 2 - Blur, Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash.
    Many thanks
    Hi.

Welcome to the forum.
    I'll put your name on the reserve list however the numbers are strictly limited due to the arrangements we made with the studio where this is happening.
    As, when and if people pull out the reserve list moves up one place. You'll find this on page 1 of the 'Logistics' thread that's also stickied.

The song list was closed ages ago and we've decided on a list for this event but I'll make a note of your suggestions for future events as there's some good songs there.
    For now if you check the songs discussion thread which is the other one that's stickied up here you'll find the list of songs we're all learning for the Jam. They've been chosen to allow some variety but also to allow people of different skills and ability levels to have something for them. We hope you like them and can see what we mean,........it's not easy pleasing all of the people all of the time but we try.

Think of this as "Break out of the Bedroom" and you've got the theme of this event.
    It's to give people who've never had the experience of a live band some understanding and first hand experience of it. It's also for those with some experience but not much, to get a bit more and learn from the ones who do this all the time. Out of the 30 people who are going to be there, roughly 10 of us are highly experienced so approx 2/3s of the attendance is new to this. That's about what we wanted in terms of numbers and especially with the workshop style lessons that @bigjon is very kindly adding to the list of events that day, those numbers mean that everyone there can gain fully from what's on offer and none of us are swamped.

Hope all this makes sense and I'll add you to the reserve list when I get home later, mentally noted for now.
    If you don't get to come along this time we'll see you at one of the future events we hope to make into a regular summertime thing for the forum each year.

:)

Just the 24 days to go :\

Nikko said:

Just the 24 days to go :\

Plenty of time! 

or

It'll soon come round!!

Second one with a smidge of the first one I think.

Really looking forward to the day. Not looking to the possibility of showing myself up :)

Nikko said:

Really looking forward to the day. Not looking to the possibility of showing myself up :)

You're worried? Apparently I'm one of the 10 "does this all the time/well experienced" ones...

Ah crap.
    Nikko said:

You're worried? Apparently I'm one of the 10 "does this all the time/well experienced" ones...

Ah crap.

Yeah, no pressure!
    Nikko said:
    Nikko said:

Ah crap.

Yeah, no pressure!
    As it's a beginners day I have resolved to play like shit to make everyone feel much more comfortable and to ease the pressure. 

;)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Nikko said:

Ah crap.
    Exactly. I'm likely to spend the whole day desperately trying not to make a twat of myself - especially since it seems I'm going to be part of the workshops...
    <space for hire>
    Nikko said:

Ah crap.
    Exactly. I'm likely to spend the whole day desperately trying not to make a twat of myself - especially since it seems I'm going to be part of the workshops...
    I can see this becoming 20 bright eyed keen as mustard improvers staring longingly at 10 people who are all mildly crapping themselves ;)

Ive actually played live in a gig situation 3 times, but they have all been student gigs for the Music School I go to for my weekly lesson. The difference between those and this jam day, are that EVERYONE from the school is shit so it doesn't matter if im a little shit. Theres no pressure (other than what I place on myself out of self respect).

There will be some very talented/experienced players at the jam day, and although I know it will be a non-judgemental environment, I cant help putting just a little extra pressure on myself.

Probably just being a whiney bitch. ignore me :)