Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot
1333435363739»

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    I actually own a Juno106, and I have Cherry Audio Dc106.  

I could probably write a lot but it would just be my opinion.

In short:

Is there a difference in sound? yes.
    Is it a massive difference? nope.
    Could I say which is which in a blindfold? hopefully, but would probs get some wrong
    Is the Juno106 "better"?  Completely subjective
    Would anyone ever notice in a mix? nope.
    Do I prefer the Juno106? Yes.
    Why?  I prefer the hands on nature and grow very tired of clicking things with a mouse

Would I recommend the DCO106? Yep!

Feel free to ask any more questions
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    edited October 2023
    monquixote said:
    If you want a 106 you should consider the current Humble Bundle which has a bunch of Cherry Audio plugins including a 106

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/level-up-remix-software?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_levelupremix_softwarebundle

They are usually well regarded.

Regarding the Softtube. They are regularly rated as some of the most accurate emulations out there however you should consider if that actually matters to you or you just want something that sounds good as well as the CPU load.

For example Arturia updated the CS-80 plugin to be super accurate, but now it uses masses of CPU which means I don't use it. 

The 106 is a very limited synth so it's also worth considering synths that are a bit less accurate, but maybe add a few useful features.
    I'll look into that bundle you suggested as it's cheap enough, and I'm still interested in the Softube 106 emulation for the reasons you mentioned, i.e. it's limited as well as being an accurate emulation. I like to experiment with classic synths, and then I let the FX shape the sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter