Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Unpopular Musical Opinions - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Unpopular Musical Opinions

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764
    The Smiths are the best British band of the last thirty years.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Sambostar said:
    Sambostar said:

Joe Bonamassa is the greatest guitar player ever. Everything he does is genius or magic.

Just thought I'd put that out there...

Ha Ha...what retard gave me a wisdom? I wouldn't rate Bonamassa if I was drowning under ice and he was the only one holding a blowtorch.  He's total shyte!
    Well, you did triple dare them

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited June 2015
    Sambostar said:
    Sambostar said:

Joe Bonamassa is the greatest guitar player ever. Everything he does is genius or magic.

Just thought I'd put that out there...

Ha Ha...what retard gave me a wisdom? I wouldn't rate Bonamassa if I was drowning under ice and he was the only one holding a blowtorch.  He's total shyte!
    That'd be me you balloon, see my comment below your post. 

The wisdom was sarcastic, and quite clearly personally non-applicable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    How can you describe a band whose song melodies span no more than three notes as the 'best British band of the last thirty years' ?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    The Cure = Whiney tuneless wank.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    Two Little Boys is a suitable song choice for Catholic choir boy birthday parties at the church hall.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2803
    edited June 2015
    Clearly far too early in the morning for this to make any sense,  not that this will necessarily help.

Having watching this weeks Guitar Star, Jazz fest, i just don't get it.  The "standards" sounded crap, and the originals sounded very similar to the standards.   

It seems an excersise in playing every note on the fretboard at every opportunity and throwing any semblance of melody or tunefulness as far out of the window as they possible could.    

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 195
    CC DeVille (Poison) has a better sense of melody in his solos than Hendrix. I'd rather listen to CC anyday....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764
    Emp_Fab said:
    How can you describe a band whose song melodies span no more than three notes as the 'best British band of the last thirty years' ?
    I never said it was a popular opinion  ;)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    Bert Weedon could wipe the floor with Hendrix.

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    edited June 2015

The drummer and the vocalist are the two most important people in the band. If you've a crap drummer and a crap singer in your band it really doesn't matter how good a guitar player you are.

But it's mainly down to the drummer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    Rowby1;683562" said:
    The drummer and the vocalist are the two most important people in the band. If you've a crap drummer and a crap singer in your band it really doesn't matter how good a guitar player you are.But it's mainly down to the drummer.
    Thats largely true, but to be honest a crap one of anything is bad news... Unless you are the manic street preachers where the crap one wrote the lyrics... Now look!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I think that Titanic song is really good.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2959
    Ritchie Blackmore is actually a very cool musician and guitarist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663

Big wis.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Mike Stern has the worst guitar tone of any jazz guitarist I have ever heard.  Metheny has a better tone on Zero Tolerance for Silence.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Elvis and The Beatles aren't the messiahs of all that is music.

Load and Reload were fairly good albums.

There have been no more dramatic, life affirming, emotionally charged and universally binding songs of any note since 'The Birdy Song' was released.*

*Unless you are the musical deity that is Richard Steed/Synthman, in which case ignore the haters and keep releasing the musical beauty that only you could.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited June 2015
    axisus said:
    +1
    (If your post was sarcasm....I am gutted ) 
    ;) 

I find  much of James Horner's work (RIP) impressive. Including the soundtrack to Avatar. Just because he was deliberately manipulating the score to pull at my heart strings, it does not change the fact that the music that ensued is moving.
    Because.....what the fuck do we think Rachmaninov was doing if not that.
    Huh?
    Huh?

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Lemmy is made entirely of gouda.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited June 2015
    Here we go...

I love Florence

90% of 'rock' bands are and were terrible

Liking bands nobody has heard of doesn't make you a hipster

Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster are actually OK
    Stop crying, start buying
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Skipped said:
    axisus said:
    +1
    (If your post was sarcasm....I am gutted ) 
    ;) 

I find  much of James Horner's work (RIP) impressive. Including the soundtrack to Avatar. Just because he was deliberately manipulating the score to pull at my heart strings, it does not change the fact that the music that ensued is moving.
    Because.....what the fuck do we think Rachmaninov was doing if not that.
    Huh?
    Huh?

I was indeed genuine. It's an epic emotional song, but many people are tired of hearing it, and some won't give that kind of thing the time of day. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I've always liked Gary Moore but hated Parisian Walkways.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2959
    Pete Doherty: A triumph of substances over style and real substance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    edited June 2015
    Skarloey said:

I thought that was a given.

Ian Brown is one of the worst singers British Music has had.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik were amazing.

John Lennon's voice was a whiny piece of crap.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    Noddy Holder was the best vocalist I've ever heard. Shit, he even didn't need a PA.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Skarloey said:
    Boooooooooooooo
    Stop crying, start buying
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Musicals - ban them and burn down the theatres they play in.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1194
    Noddy Holder was the best vocalist I've ever heard. Shit, he even didn't need a PA.
    Funny to think he could have been in AC/DC, but turned them down.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited June 2015
    Malmsteen's Rising Force is a great album.
    Pink Floyd's Relics has a brilliant rock song on it. They could have been famous if they'd made more of it.
    Close to me by the Cure is one of the best jazz tunes ever.
    The sax solo on will You by Hazel O Connor is the acme of the instrument.
    Banjo music can be awesome in the right hands. Stand up, Alison Brown.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter