Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Youtube prankster shot - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Youtube prankster shot

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    I know, it's call the Thin Skull Rule here, as I mentioned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    Tannin said:
    euan said:

Pretty sure that the broadcast of film of private individuals in public spaces without consent from both individual and state is illegal over here in Switzerland... 

It's also illegal in the UK, just look at all the people who have been taken to court for their Amazon Ring Doorbells or simply had the police turn up and threaten them with arrest if they don't have them removed.
    No that’s not true. It’s the misuse of those devices that result in people being taken to court. 
    The issue occurs where the camera is recording in other people's private spaces. It is one thing to have a camera monitoring your own front door, however where your neighbour's front door is close to it and you are also recording all your neighbour's visitors, that is another thing entirely.

Exactly, and why a number of people in the UK have either been taken to court to force the removal of the Ring Doorbells or have been threatened with arrest by the police if they are not removed.  All it takes is for one person to complain, they don't even need to be visible to your Ring camera,nor does their property.  Amazon made a huge deal about it with their offer to pay legal costs for UK users if they where taken to court due to the use of their products.

You keep saying this but there is no evidence of it. Even a brief google of “Amazon Ring legal uk costs” brings nothing up. 

The use of a Ring camera is perfectly legal, the improper use or misuse however isn’t as shown in the higher profile cases. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    Tannin said:
    euan said:

Pretty sure that the broadcast of film of private individuals in public spaces without consent from both individual and state is illegal over here in Switzerland... 

It's also illegal in the UK, just look at all the people who have been taken to court for their Amazon Ring Doorbells or simply had the police turn up and threaten them with arrest if they don't have them removed.
    No that’s not true. It’s the misuse of those devices that result in people being taken to court. 
    The issue occurs where the camera is recording in other people's private spaces. It is one thing to have a camera monitoring your own front door, however where your neighbour's front door is close to it and you are also recording all your neighbour's visitors, that is another thing entirely.

Exactly, and why a number of people in the UK have either been taken to court to force the removal of the Ring Doorbells or have been threatened with arrest by the police if they are not removed.  All it takes is for one person to complain, they don't even need to be visible to your Ring camera,nor does their property.  Amazon made a huge deal about it with their offer to pay legal costs for UK users if they where taken to court due to the use of their products.

No, there's a difference in being in public and being in private. Teetonetal used the example of private individuals in PUBLIC spaces, you used an example of private individuals in PRIVATE spaces. People filming in public, on a public road is completely different to filming into someone's private dwelling and that's where the misuse comes in. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    edited October 2023
    Sassafras said:
    "Cook said he continues to make the videos and earns $2,000 or $3,000 a month. His subscriber base increased from 39,000 before the shooting to 55,000 after".

Seems unlikely the moron'll stop his pathetic pranks.
    Maybe the additional 16,000 subscribers signed up in the hope of seeing him get shot again. I suspect the moron won’t be picking on someone who looks like they could give him a good hiding. Cowards and bullies never do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    euan said:
    Tannin said:
    euan said:

You keep saying this but there is no evidence of it. Even a brief google of “Amazon Ring legal uk costs” brings nothing up. 

The use of a Ring camera is perfectly legal, the improper use or misuse however isn’t as shown in the higher profile cases. 
    Can someone please explain what is meant by the use of the term 'Ring camera'  in the context of 'private spaces'?
    My florid imagination has gone into overdrive...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Can someone please explain what is meant by the use of the term 'Ring camera'  in the context of 'private spaces'?
    Ring camera...this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/856A7C4A-593A-4508-94FF-9D3CB111810A

People put these on the front of their property, facing out so you can see who is on the front door.  It has an ULTRA wide angle camera so it sees very wide.  Of course it will also see across the street on the other side and if the street is quite narrow then you are filming your neighbour.
    Well you're allowed to have it looking over your property into a public space but you can't have it staring directly into your neighbours house.

So imagine you live in a flat and your neighbour directly opposite you has one and it points directly at your door, and when you open your door it is pointed directly at you, into your flat.

That is an invasion of privacy because you can expect privacy in a private dwelling and you are not getting that because your neighbour is pointing his camera at you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TFB. Home of the literal... :-D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    TFB. Home of the literal... :-D
    Actually, it's more of a Third Place. 

I live in Chateau McGuffin. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    euan said:
    Tannin said:
    euan said:

possibly something you would see in a proctologists office?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Okay. The joke went over my head. :lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^ I was aiming lower  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Ring camera...this

WOOSH!
    Tannin said:
    Ring camera...this

WOOSH!
    I knew it he was talking about his ass...but he sounded he really wanted to know the real answer lol
  • BillDL said:
    From the "shooter's" perspective, let's assume this was a real situation and not a "prank", which is how he would have perceived being followed around the arcade and then confronted as he was.  The confrontation was threatening.  If anybody says otherwise they have either not watched the video or have never been confronted like that before.  Was he about to be robbed of his takings by two people while another videod it all?  That's not an inconceivable scenario.  People video themselves attacking and robbing others frequently in broad daylight and in public places these days.  Was he about to be beaten senseless?  Would any Good Samaritans risk their own safety by coming to his assistance if such a scenario ensued?  I doubt it, unless there happened to be a couple of off-duty Marines to grapple with the assailants or another gun-toting citizen was in the vicinity to threaten them off him.  In the same situation I would have felt very threatened regardless of the fact that I am the same size as the "prankster".

I commiserate with the "accused" in this case because he is in a country and state that not only allows citizens to buy and carry guns without having to go through any training at all, but almost encourages it. When he pushed the "prankster's" hand away and made a positive attempt to walk away while still trying to watch him, the prankster followed with the same demeanour at close quarters.  That's the point an experienced door steward or martial artist has learned to recognise as the time to act.  It's a pity gun culture in America is such that he had a gun available and accessible for immediate use, but what if it had been a real confrontation about to turn ugly at that point?

None of us know how we would react in the same situation.
    Absolutely , there’s even been footage here of girls beating up a girl and videoing it & id bet there have been the same with Males too.  It usually starts off like these two guys here then flashes over into a full on beating . If it happened to me and I had a gun I’d react the same thinking I was going to get a beating . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Absolutely , there’s even been footage here of girls beating up a girl and videoing it & id bet there have been the same with Males too.  It usually starts off like these two guys here then flashes over into a full on beating . If it happened to me and I had a gun I’d react the same thinking I was going to get a beating . 
    The nearest I've experienced to that:  about 30 years ago I was on my way home from work and passed a small group of young women going in the opposite direction.  For some reason one of them suddenly stopped and screamed in my ear.  I was shocked and shouted "FUCK YOU" right in her face.  She looked quite put out.  The End.

Good job I didn't have a gun I suppose, or she night be dead and I might still be on probation after serving 15 years in prison.  Sliding doors, eh?
  • Drunks can be well tricky ,they can flash over from being your best friend to being a psychotic monster in about 2 seconds  then people off their head on drugs  I’ve had problems with them before but luckily they were to incapacitated you could dodge around them , one drug one had all dried vomit on his face  I had 2 bags of shopping & managed to dance around him still . Tricky bastards though . 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I think the shooter did overreact - he could have just threatened to shoot him as a starting point.  However, the moron with the phone deserved anything and everything coming his way for doing that.  You can't go around provoking people for a reaction in a country with more guns than brain cells.  If he wants to get more views, he could always try running into a mosque in Tehran during Friday prayers dressed in a comical sponge-Mohammed costume.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.