Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Youtube prankster shot - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Youtube prankster shot

What's Hot
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/30/delivery-driver-youtube-prankster-shooting-not-guilty

He "hilariously" harrased a guy so much that he was shot. 

Might seem an overreaction but i can imagine it was a scary situation.

I think we can all agree that being a youtube prankster should carry a minimum tariff or 30 years in orsiom 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    This, along that Johnny Somali kid in Japan getting arrested for "trespassing" after harassing locals for months made my week.

I don't condone shooting someone for a prank but am i sad it happened? Not even a little bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Reverend said:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/30/delivery-driver-youtube-prankster-shooting-not-guilty

He "hilariously" harrased a guy so much that he was shot. 

Might seem an overreaction but i can imagine it was a scary situation.

I think we can all agree that being a youtube prankster should carry a minimum tariff or 30 years in orsiom 

It was dismaying that the first thing I saw on clicking that link was the said YouTube prankster alive and well in his hospital bed, making some bullshit cocky hand gesture and looking pleased with himself.  I very much doubt he's learned any kind of lesson.

Having said that, on reading the story I'm not sure the delivery driver's reaction was at all appropriate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    btw, I think there should be some law to stop people pranking strangers in public for clout or views / money on youtube (or any media), and then show then online without permission.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    edited October 2023
    I saw the video earlier. The problem with the idiot you tube pranksters (especially in America) is that they don't know the person they are pranking. He could have been killed.

The shooter should be locked up. It took just 30 seconds of nonsense (and it was nonsense and not anything particularly threatening) before he inexplicably snapped, instead of doing what most normal people would have done - which is tell him to F off and walk away.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    Quite a precedent to set when you read that there was no delay between drawing his weapon and shooting the guy.  

He's supposed to be in mortal fear.

I wonder what the result would have been in slightly different circumstances, say, if it had a been a young lady holding the phone.....  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I haven't watched that particular channel, but some of them are just ridiculous. You can't go around jump scaring strangers or harassing them and just expect them to take it well, you don't know who that is and their state of mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Idiot ''YouTube prankster'' had it coming.  I'm actually extremely surprised that this hasn't happened a lot sooner to one of these ''YouTube prankster'' idiots.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6730
    edited October 2023
    Fully on the side of the prankster here. But then we do have a better sense of morals over here. 

Don't get me wrong, the guy shouldnt be scaring or harassing people but people have been being dicks in public since the dawn of time. 

Civilised humans would ignore them, move away, or at the most use 'reasonable force'. 

Attempting to kill someone should never be acceptable unless your life or anothers is in danger. 

Clearly the prankster wasnt coming across as threatening was he, and the shooter failed to read the situation then discharged a firearm at point blank range in a fucking mall. That was hardly self defence. 

The brandishing of a weapon would probably have been all that was needed. 

What if the prankster was a bit of a nutter? Romfords full
    of em, yet I've never felt so insecure in myself that I immediately attempt to kill them. 

Still, American logic seems to work on the basis of shoot anyone if you feel like it, for any reason. No idea what their laws are but I'm glad I never have reason to go there.

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • To the people saying that the idiot YouTube prankster wasn't coming across as threatening and it was all just a joke, how do you know?   You weren't in the victims shoes, the idiot prankster was asked to stop 3 times by the victim as he was triyng to get away from him, and he refused, in fact after he was asked the third time he became a lot more aggressive with putting his phone in the victims face, which the victim tried to slap away, which the prankster idiot, who more than out weighed, had a longer reach, was much taller and larger than his victim, not only ignored, but escalated by getting more in his victims face and space.  Not to mention the victim was a delivery driver in his bloody uniform, did anybody here actually bother to read about how dangerous it is to be a delivery driver nowadays is, especially in America, it's so dangerous that delivery drivers are getting their concealed carry permits, and carrying bloody guns for their own safety.

Everybody has the right to feel safe and unmolested or harassed at work
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    edited October 2023
    I hate pranksters. Not happy he was shot but I do like them to get their comeuppance.

I love this clip!

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 557
    edited October 2023
    The idiot is now probably thinking how much publicity and views he's gonna get because of this, even though he could've died.
    The Chinese have the right idea in banning TikTok over there. They just need to sit back and watch the rest of the world get dumber and dumber. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I watched one earlier, a group of guys following around what was clearly a mentally unstable woman and harassing her. She kept saying to leave her alone and asking strangers to help her until it got to the point she pulled out a little knife. They then started taking the piss out of the knife, and carried on winding her up. 
    Why do that? If she'd lost it and stabbed them it doesn't matter who is in the right, you've still been stabbed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6730
    To the people saying that the idiot YouTube prankster wasn't coming across as threatening and it was all just a joke, how do you know?   You weren't in the victims shoes, the idiot prankster was asked to stop 3 times by the victim as he was triyng to get away from him, and he refused, in fact after he was asked the third time he became a lot more aggressive with putting his phone in the victims face, which the victim tried to slap away, which the prankster idiot, who more than out weighed, had a longer reach, was much taller and larger than his victim, not only ignored, but escalated by getting more in his victims face and space.  Not to mention the victim was a delivery driver in his bloody uniform, did anybody here actually bother to read about how dangerous it is to be a delivery driver nowadays is, especially in America, it's so dangerous that delivery drivers are getting their concealed carry permits, and carrying bloody guns for their own safety.

Everybody has the right to feel safe and unmolested or harassed at work
    If you're that insecure in yourself that you feel threatened and in your own words, a victim, of a guy with a phone and choose to attempt murder.. then you need your head checked. 

Shows you've never actually been assaulted. You don't get time to yell stop 3 times.

"Everybody has the right to feel safe and unmolested or harassed at work"

Excluding the youtuber though yeah? Excluding anybody you dislike? Where is the line?

It's people like this that are the problem. Feel they are entitled to enforce their own laws. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultM said:
    I watched one earlier, a group of guys following around what was clearly a mentally unstable woman and harassing her. She kept saying to leave her alone and asking strangers to help her until it got to the point she pulled out a little knife. They then started taking the piss out of the knife, and carried on winding her up. 
    Why do that? If she'd lost it and stabbed them it doesn't matter who is in the right, you've still been stabbed.
    And the woman could potentially be locked up even though she was just minding her own business. She'd be the real victim. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    I saw the video
    These pranksters are a pathetic nuisance ....I never found anything the least funny in those Jackass shows and that type of thing .......that Mizzy thing here is also a complete twat that needs locking-up .
    stupid degenerate kids .
    However ,if a waiter served me something I didn't like in a restaurant .....spilt my wine all over me on purpose and the chef ,when summoned told me to fuck off out of his restaurant I probably wouldn't think 'right ,I'll shoot them .......terminate their lives ,deprive them of their family and life they could live .'
    If I was especially upset I might even contemplate head-butting the waiter if he had been especially aggressive .
    I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have consciously pulled out a firearm and shot somebody .
    The kid was a fucking pest and needs somebody to put him on his arse but shoot him ???/ WTF 
    the guy that shot him was a weirdo and needs locking up for a long time .......public danger and outrage incident timebomb  waiting to happen
    Heaven forbid he gets in an argument over a parking space , doesn't get money back in Walmart or they put the wrong vanilla  in his coffee at Starbucks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    For those who think deadly force was acceptable, would the same be said if he missed and accidentally shot a child instead?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Two things:

1) if someone had taken a stout plank to Jeremy Beadle years ago this would never have happened.

2) This is demonstrable proof of what George Carlin said. People are stupid, and that's an average. Which mans that half of them are even more stupid.

I remember contributory negligence from my law degree, I think we need a law on contributory stupidity. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Shooting someone for that is insane.

Let’s cross reference this thread with the several others pertaining to America’s gun nut problem.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited October 2023
    There’s one in the UK that keeps running into peoples homes in London scaring mothers and children.
    He thinks it’s funny.
    When someone hits him with a cricket bat or gives him a good kicking He won’t be laughing then.
    Theres tomany of these idiots about now.

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1189
    tFB Trader
    There’s one in the UK that keeps running into peoples homes in London scaring mothers and children.
    He thinks it’s funny.
    When someone hits him with a cricket bat or gives him a good kicking He won’t be laughing then.

I'm not aware of this person, but if you can pop his name on here I'll have him as my next choice on our 'Dead Pool'
    He thinks it’s funny.

I'm not aware of this person, but if you can pop his name on here I'll have him as my next choice on our 'Dead Pool'
    Not sure if it's the same guy, but someone who was in the news for similar behaviour - his name is Bacari-Bronze O'Garro.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    The actual video, for those who haven't seen it:

• This, along that Johnny Somali kid in Japan getting arrested for "trespassing" after harassing locals for months made my week.
    I saw that too, a total bellend and deserves everything he gets. 

Over in Manchester there’s a Scottish bloke who winds the spice-heads up something rotten and then kicks off when they react.  I dislike ‘pranks’ and cringe when those families that continually film their hijinks with hilarious consequences for views.  

The video of the shooting is terrifyingly stupid, the shooter does it as if it’s a reasonable and proportionate reaction.  
    Here's the prankster and his mom reacting to the verdict.  Fast forward to 1:30 for the mom, or 1:57 for the prankster.

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1189
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    He thinks it’s funny.

Not sure if it's the same guy, but someone who was in the news for similar behaviour - his name is Bacari-Bronze O'Garro.
    Thanks!! I'll pop him on the list. A few quid to charidee coming soon there err mate!!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Nobody was right and I can’t see how you could be on either of their sides here. The shooter should go to prison and the prankster risks his safety messing with the wrong person when he decides to try and humiliate and freak out strangers.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This, along that Johnny Somali kid in Japan getting arrested for "trespassing" after harassing locals for months made my week.
    I saw that too, a total bellend and deserves everything he gets. 

Over in Manchester there’s a Scottish bloke who winds the spice-heads up something rotten and then kicks off when they react.  I dislike ‘pranks’ and cringe when those families that continually film their hijinks with hilarious consequences for views.  

The video of the shooting is terrifyingly stupid, the shooter does it as if it’s a reasonable and proportionate reaction.  
    True...but this is "Amuuricuh" we're talking about. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    That’s who I was hoping had been shot.  
  • I like this Runkle fellow who analyses with a bit of a legal view. I agree with his conclusions and that it would have been better to have pepper spray rather than a gun.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MChnLPOJI_4

I’ll add that we don’t know what the accused has been through in the past and a character reference would be useful. I hope we can agree that delivery work exposes you to a lot of weird & difficult situations, some of which may be quite scary and could affect the way you view situations.