Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Stuff you believe is true - but might not be ? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Stuff you believe is true - but might not be ?

What's Hot
So I could Google all these things of course.but chat is more fun ;-)

If Im super out of breath I believe than inhaling through the nose only is much better for you ...Ive no idea if its true but it feels right..

Anything you swear by but might actually be hogwash !

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spark240 said:

If Im super out of breath I believe than inhaling through the nose only is much better for you ...Ive no idea if its true but it feels right..
    Don't do this while swimming
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    I’ve always breathed in through the nose out through the mouth while exercising, marines my brother used to train with always said it stopped you getting a stitch and it seems to work. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    munckee said:
    I’ve always breathed in through the nose out through the mouth while exercising, marines my brother used to train with always said it stopped you getting a stitch and it seems to work. 
    It makes sense that the expulsion of air can be done more quickly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    I breath in through my nose, out through my mouth alot of the time, but not when I'm flat out sprinting on the bike near max HR - need to get air in and out by any means possible!
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    Flies land on poo in order to get sticky feet so they can stick to the wall.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I believe I'll be a billionaire one day but that might be hogwash =)
    Try and google THAT @spark240 ;
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    My wife calls these “ mini facts” , I call them made up.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    I believe I'm not too tired and emotional to get all the way to the end of this sente
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Breaking a mirror is 7 years bad luck 
  • Sleeping on the floor is better for me when I feel particularly depressed
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    edited September 2023
    B&Q was founded by Bonnie Tyler and Pauline Quirke. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    Sleeping on the floor is better for me when I feel particularly depressed
    I think sleeping on the floor is good for the deep rest, not the depressed.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • "This much"
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    There's a guy hangs around in my B&Q who can do magic. With no knowledge whatsoever of what it is you're using it for, he'll know that the sheet of ply you're buying is either too big or too small.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The following companies all founded by Nazi sympathisers:
    Adidas
    Puma
    IKEA 
    Disney

I'm fairly sure this is all true but have made little attempt at verification. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 256
    I believe I can play guitar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Adidas
    Puma
    IKEA 
    Disney

Don't forget Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Hugo Boss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The breathing thing is good. It wont directly affect your breathing but means you inhale more slowly, which helps drop your heart rate, and makes you feel better. 

Maybe?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Adidas
    Puma
    IKEA 
    Disney

I think most German businesses from the time were one way or another (Ikea I know isn't german but i think they were occupied?), for much the same reasons as the same companies will today jump on bandwagons - because they think it will increase their bottom line (also probably risk of being shut down back in the 30s if they dissented maybe). I suppose that doesn't explain Disney, nor the Daily Mail/Heil etc
  • Any minute now someone will wheel out the old "Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms" myth. The company was one of many clothing manufacturers that made millions of military uniforms for the Third Reich, but no Hugo Boss did not design the Nazi uniforms. 

And while we're at it, Churchill never sent tanks into Glasgow to attack protestors. It never happened. 

• A friend of mine once told me that when he was a kid he froze an ant in an ice cube. When he thawed it out the ant was alive. I kind of believe him but honestly I'm not sure if that's possible. Obviously I'm not going to try it, so maybe I'll never know. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    They put a man on the moon right?.....I means that's legit isnt it?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I'm pretty sure scorpions can be frozen and survive.

However, I'm very sure that thawing out a scorpion you've pissed off like that is a bad plan. They're not known for their love of practical jokes. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Surely the ant would drown 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Chinchillas are so furry, if you get one wet, it will never be dry again. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    It works with fish and lobsters, because they don’t drown 
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    Fred the weatherman named jimmy corkhills dog cracks.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Surely the ant would drown 
    You would think so. But is there a chance the cold does something to slow its system down so it doesn't need so much oxygen? Or maybe ants are magic? I don't know I'm not a scientist, it's something to ponder though. 
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    If you die in your dream you don't wake up
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Adidas
    Puma
    IKEA 
    Disney

I think most German businesses from the time were one way or another (Ikea I know isn't german but i think they were occupied?), for much the same reasons as the same companies will today jump on bandwagons - because they think it will increase their bottom line (also probably risk of being shut down back in the 30s if they dissented maybe). I suppose that doesn't explain Disney, nor the Daily Mail/Heil etc
    I think the IKEA chap was just a sympathiser of his own free will. Lots of sympathisers at the time including in the UK. 
    Disney is more arguable but he, as I think the story goes, entertained a Nazi propaganda film maker shortly after Kristallnacht when synagogues where smashed and Jews arrested. Disney made a lot of odd decisions (his brother Roy was probably more successful for Disney as a brand)so this may have been misjudgement rather than actual Nazi sympathies. 
    I used to work for FAG Bearings and I guess they made parts for Panzers or whatever although I think Herr Fischer was long dead by the 1930s.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.