Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Show me ES-335 / 345 / 355s with Bigsbys - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Show me ES-335 / 345 / 355s with Bigsbys

What's Hot
I have a hankering. Not buying, or at least... not yet. But I want to feed the GAS dragon with pictures of lovely things - show me what you've got, or what you've had, or what you just lust after online. Varitones and various states of knackered-ness welcome! 

I recall @smudge_lad had a spectular custom job...?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    edited September 2023
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @koss59 es335 sounds as good as it looks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    tomajoha said:
    @koss59 es335 sounds as good as it looks
    Get a pic up of yours. That’ll get them really excited
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1013
    My #1, 2010 Nashville ES-355:

And my ES-345  from 1972 in Walnut:

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    As an alternative to photos, I remember gassing for an ES after watching this. Love the song and the tone epitomizes this type of guitar. For me anyway.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Holy mother of god @Kylef - those are bloody amazing!
    I particularly love a walnut 345/355 - beautiful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Can’t. Haven’t got one. 
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 511

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koss59 said:
    Looks like my old ‘64. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 1962, best guitar I've ever owned/played...could do with a damn good clean.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• @stickyfiddle - I certainly did! It’s not just a great looking guitar, it plays like a dream
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wows duly awarded. These are all awesome :) 

TDubs said:

How is that Bisgbsy attached? Looks like no screws in the top? 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewal said:
    As an alternative to photos, I remember gassing for an ES after watching this. Love the song and the tone epitomizes this type of guitar. For me anyway.

That's quite lovely - thank you! And absolute perfection in guitar sounds :)
  • Can’t. Haven’t got one. 
    #SADFACE :( 
  • It goes against my own brief as not a 3x5 but I should probably show my ES-330 as well. 

I really like the idea of a nice old black 3x5 to compliment :)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    This Bigsby looks the best

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Penn said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Also that gold is too shiny :P 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Penn said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Also that gold is too shiny :P 
    Don’t panic it’s starting to vanish like Gibson gold always does. It’s amazing it’s lasted 20 years mind. Must have been the good gold era. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BradBrad Frets: 590
    Mine has the Towner kit fitted. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    There are neater alternatives to a Bigsby on a 335 

https://i.imgur.com/6F8eksc.jpg

Works a treat and zero modifications 
  • sweepy said:

Yeah but it looks absolutely awful. Filed under cargo shorts, flipflops and snarks on headstocks brigade for me! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    sweepy said:

Yeah but it looks absolutely awful. Filed under cargo shorts, flipflops and snarks on headstocks brigade for me! 

It is a bit “challenging” on the eyes.  Nice top on that guitar though. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926

Gibson ES-335 58 reissue VOS with Throbaks - about to depart DB1 Towers, sadly, I think.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepy said:

I've never had nylon saddles...how do they stand up to whammy action under the wound strings?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    I'm no fan of the Bigsby and wear cargo shorts. Is there a correlation?

However, I make an exception for *one* guitar owned by one person. This guitar and this person:

I remember hearing it for the first time in a small club in London plugged into a Vox AC30 back in the early 90s before Suede were particularly well known... magic.

I keep buying ES-guitars because of this guitar/chap, but just don't get on with them long term. And that makes me sad...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I'm literally waiting for delivery of a 335 as we speak (new '59 reissue :) ) .  No Bigsby on this though thank God 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It goes against my own brief as not a 3x5 but I should probably show my ES-330 as well. 

If your 'x' wildcard is allowed to be empty, here's my 35...

• impmann said:

However, I make an exception for *one* guitar owned by one person. This guitar and this person:

Yeah that's the stuff. I'm actually a bigger fan of Oakes in Suede (Coming Up is their best record I'll fight anyone who disagrees). But that guitar is just exceptional - it literally doesn't get better. 

I've just turned 39 so naturally my attention has immediately focused on the next birthday and the only way to console myself is in knowing that I can definitely justify one proper guitar purchase, and our next trip to Japan (hopefully spring next year) may bring me some really decent opportunities for gear perusal...

If your 'x' wildcard is allowed to be empty, here's my 35...

Oh god yes. I've played a bunch of Collingses but never one of these. They're just so much money though...!