Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pele v Messi and Ronaldo - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pele v Messi and Ronaldo

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• distresseddistressed Frets: 287
    edited September 2023
    I'll chip in with my homie - Dragan Stojković, one of Arsene Wenger's favourites. Zidane/Modrić type of player, non-athletic, highly intelligent classic creative midfielder, marred by injuries before his peak.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/the-man-who-wenger-wanted-as-his-arsenal-successor-dragan-stojkovic-exclusive/d289pbwf5faw1iqfwcomyjnmb

His two goals against Spain in Italy 1990 were the work of pure genius

2:16

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
    No Modric on that long list
    or Lothar Matthaus
    put those 2 in midfield and you will have control of the game

With Pirlo and Totti on standby if required 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Alan Devonshire , thread closed  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    swiller said:
    Messi is the GOAT imho. Appearances, trophies won by team etc is irrelevant. So is whether they were coked up, got caught punching a budgie etc. All about skill, style, passion and entertainment.

Pele footage is not as mesmerising as messi on the ball, nor is c.ronaldos.

My top 3 GOATs would be
    1) Messi
    2) Maradona
    3) Ronaldinho

Greaves, Rooney, Gascoigne i think for top 3 UK goats. 

Duncan Edwards was probably the best UK player.  It's a pity that his life and career were cut off in the Munich crash.  Good as Bobby Charlton was, Edwards was in a completely different class, and was the unquestioned star of that United team.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited September 2023
    I agree, that when you remove all other factors and look at talent alone Edwards has to be in the UK GOAT conversation. But other than the ones mentioned above, Moore, Bale, Gazza, Gerrard, Keegan and of course, Craig Ballon D'awson are in the conversation.

And let's not forget Michael Owen won the Balon d'or and was incredible for those few seasons and was the best striker in the world in 2000/2001.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2863
    edited September 2023
    I agree, that when you remove all other factors and look at talent alone Edwards has to be in the UK GOAT conversation. But other than them, Moore, Bale, Gazza, Gerrard, Keegan and of course, Craig Ballon D'awson. 
    John Charles. Superb at centre back and centre forward. Top scorer in first season of Serie A for Juve, scored 28 goals. 

Dalglish
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Ahem, as we are deviating from the original trio, Peter Broadbent - George Best's favourite player - and Peter Knowles, God's footballer.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • I agree, that when you remove all other factors and look at talent alone Edwards has to be in the UK GOAT conversation. But other than them, Moore, Bale, Gazza, Gerrard, Keegan and of course, Craig Ballon D'awson. 
    John Charles. Superb at centre back and centre forward. Top scorer in first season of Serie A for Juve, scored 28 goals. 

Dalglish
    Le Tissier was also absolutely amazing. I watched a YouTube video the other day of all his goals and every one was incredible. He only isn't considered higher because he wasn't bothered about going to the top clubs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited September 2023

This explains it perfectly lol 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Pah. Jude Bellingham. You heard it here first.
    I play at my dining room table.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited September 2023
    Gassage said:
    Maradona 
    Cheats eliminated from scope.

You're just sore because Argentina knocked England out of the 86 World Cup, with the help of  Maradona.

Up here in Scotland there has been a very vocal and active campaign since June 22 1986, to have the 22nd of June recognised as an official national holiday, and day of celebration. 

Sassafras said:
    George Best could outdrink the lot of 'em.

Maradona could snort the entire EPL under the table in a single line.

And the correct answer for greatest football player of all time is an easy one, Ally McCoist, no contest to be had.