Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). That Johnny Marr Show.. - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

That Johnny Marr Show..

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
edited September 2023 in Guitar
Coming soon apparently. As if I wasn't already dying for an ES-355 after the NG one...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• CleckoClecko Frets: 265
    Ooh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Eagle eyed viewers will note a line of boss pedals (guessing DD2/3, GE-7, OD-2, DS-1, CE-2, CS-3 in veyr mnuch not the order I'd put them!), the 12-string ES-335 and THAT ES-355 and I can already tell this video is going to get expensive... 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I will thoroughly enjoy this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    edited September 2023
    This will probably the only TPS episode I watch in its entirety! Also check out the Guardian Live thing where he lalks about the guitars in the upcoming book.

Also, now I want a blackface Princeton.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    I thought the 12-string 335 was with Bernard Butler these days...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Eagle eyed viewers will note a line of boss pedals (guessing DD2/3, GE-7, OD-2, DS-1, CE-2, CS-3 in veyr mnuch not the order I'd put them!), the 12-string ES-335 and THAT ES-355 and I can already tell this video is going to get expensive... 

you'd assume the Ric will have a bit, and there'll be a reasonably sizeable Fender Jaguar section too. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Thought he might go on after Noel had.
    One of the absolute greats. Should be brilliant.
    impmann said:
    Context:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/bernard-butler-shows-off-his-guitar-collection-598904

• impmann said:
    impmann said:
    Context:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/bernard-butler-shows-off-his-guitar-collection-598904

Ah could be! Then I guess he found himself another one - it's not like he can't afford it :)
  • impmann said:
    impmann said:
    Context:

Ah could be! Then I guess he found himself another one - it's not like he can't afford it :)
    Or it's been loaned back to Johnny to include in his book. I'd wager that, tbh. I'm pretty sure some of the ones that he gave to Noel G are in it too. 
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 265
    Eagle eyed viewers will note a line of boss pedals (guessing DD2/3, GE-7, OD-2, DS-1, CE-2, CS-3 in veyr mnuch not the order I'd put them!), the 12-string ES-335 and THAT ES-355 and I can already tell this video is going to get expensive... 

I saw him talking about only using a Boss Multi-FX a while ago (GT-100?) - must have changed approach!
  • Clecko said:
    Eagle eyed viewers will note a line of boss pedals (guessing DD2/3, GE-7, OD-2, DS-1, CE-2, CS-3 in veyr mnuch not the order I'd put them!), the 12-string ES-335 and THAT ES-355 and I can already tell this video is going to get expensive... 

I saw him talking about only using a Boss Multi-FX a while ago (GT-100?) - must have changed approach!
    always a diamond comp too I believe 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Eagle eyed viewers will note a line of boss pedals (guessing DD2/3, GE-7, OD-2, DS-1, CE-2, CS-3...)
    That validates most of my old-school pedalboard choices :-)

Pedals.jpg 1.2M
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • He was using the Boss GT100 before right? 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited September 2023
    He was using the Boss GT100 before right? 
    I honestly don't know but given our new guitar player has one and is worried it's not good enough that's good to hear if true! 

EDIT: This Boss interview suggests yes! 
    https://www.boss.info/us/community/boss_users_group/1815/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Can't wait for this. So much good stuff on YouTube these days. Unfiltered
  • These Premier League guests can only be a good thing. Marr is the coolest so far imo - although the Graham Coxon episode was great.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • These Premier League guests can only be a good thing. Marr is the coolest so far imo - although the Graham Coxon episode was great.
    Like Beato's long-form interviews, they've really hooked into a great niche with these. Coxon was the first big one, and Ed Obrien around the same time I think? 

But play the cards right and it'll become widely known they're good blokes and a much better way to spend an afternoon's promo than just talking to random newspaper folks. I hope they can get Jason Isbell in - I'd love to see that. 
    Like Beato's long-form interviews, they've really hooked into a great niche with these. Coxon was the first big one, and Ed Obrien around the same time I think? 

But play the cards right and it'll become widely known they're good blokes and a much better way to spend an afternoon's promo than just talking to random newspaper folks. I hope they can get Jason Isbell in - I'd love to see that. 
    I know Paul Stacey knows Rich Robinson - I'd love them to do an episode with him. He's got some gear.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

I know Paul Stacey knows Rich Robinson - I'd love them to do an episode with him. He's got some gear.
    Are we just listing all the dudes with incredible Bigsby-equipped ES-es now? :D (not complaining...)

Id love that, but its just not Richs thing. A Paul Stacey one could be interesting though, but quite a bit of cross over with Noels though 
  • BRILLIANT !

Johnny Fuckin Marr.
  • Marr was on the Broken Record podcast recently too. Worth a listen, although you won't see any guitars.

Looking forward to the TPS episode.

I'd love to see some more UK guitar heroes on the show. Would love to see Richard Hawley on, or Liam "Skin" Tyson from Cast and Robert Plant's band.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• The folks from Ride or Slowdive would be interesting to see on TPS. Adam Franklin too.
    Also, Alan Sparhawk, though Sparhawk doesn't strike me really as a "pedal guy", he does make some interesting sounds with the pedals he uses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Can't wait for this.

My vote for a future episode would be Nick Mccabe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    +1 for Hawley.

The obvious one would be Kevin Shields, surely?

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    If it’s anywhere near as enjoyable entertaining as the Noel Gallagher interview a few months ago ? It will be a winner.
    A mate had a chat with Johnny after his Holmfirth gig in July.
    Said if you get the chance to do an interview with Mick & Dan from that Pedal show Like Noel did ? Please do?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 698
    Nick Mccabe definitely, as well as John Squire.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • THE KING HAS RETURNED! 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    I can't believe how short he is. I always thought Dan was about hobbit-sized. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.