Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Longest standing pedals on your board - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Longest standing pedals on your board

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    edited September 2023
    Other than the constant quest for the right drive pedal the rest of my board has remained static for years so Dunlop CAE Wah ,Boss RT-20, MXR Phase 90, TC Flashback X4 all been there for years now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • barrettisgoldbarrettisgold Frets: 6
    edited September 2023
    EHX Holy Grail has been on the board for about 20 years. A Boss DS-2 and CE-1 for about 25 years. I still like them as much now as I did then. In fact I always thought the flerb setting on the Holy Grail was useless. But after 20 years and spate of listening the Cure I’m loving it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KoaKoa Frets: 111
    I somehow read this thread title as stand up paddle board ! I can usually manage an hour or so……
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    edited September 2023
    I guess my longest standing pedal is the Zoom MS100bt. It sits there at the end of the chain as a tuner and reverb for when I play live. And at home if I ever want to noodle around with weird multiple delays, or bizarre pedal combinations, it does that too.  

It's old tech by modern standards, but I would get another one immediately if it died. It would be nice if Zoom decided to do a new version of this pedal in a similar small boss sized enclosure. 
  • Had a Boss PS-3 on my board since about 2008. GOD BLESS MODE 7. 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    edited September 2023
    I'm all digital these days, but if I was building a pedalboard this is the one that I would start with:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    My Pete Cornish TES and Cornish G2. 11 yrs and counting.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    The very longest - Digitech Digidelay. Something about the repeats, the reverse mode, the mod mode and the 4 second sampler just makes it my favourite delay. 

I've also had an EQD Arpanoid almost constantly since the first time I got one, just for those flourishes and inspiring settings. 

Fender Marine Layer has been my go-to reverb since it came out. 

RAT has been my go-to gain pedal for a number of years. 

I wouldn't be without these four pedals, and they've been the most consistent in my setup. 

A new addition that I don't think I'll ever go without is the Soundlad Liverpool Clean Machine. It basically is my clean tone and works wonders with all kinds of pickups and other pedals. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1218
    MXR GT-OD.  It just does something really great, it makes its way back on at every rebuild.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • KevSKevS Frets: 309
    I am so boring and predictable,Ibanez Tube Screamer and MXR Phase 90.
     Also my Boss TU-2

The Tube Screamer as a boost ,mids poking through when required for twiddle and the 1 knob MXR Speed being adjustable by the side of my shoe/boot when playing live..That is another effect in itself..It sounds good at band volume too and mixes well with dirty guitar..
    Not so good in the house..

I have a now very reliced but bought new TS808 reissue,,also A Maxon OD 9,A TS Mini and a TS-5..
    The Maxon is True Bypass and goes,,BANG when I switch it on..Annoying F-ing thing..

I have just one 1990s era I think Phase 90,,I also have a Phase 100..
    The 90 gets the job done though..Batteries last forever,just as well as it is the old style power supply..

There are others I love,but the above get the most service..
    Sometimes I use the Dirty channel on an amp,sometimes a dirt pedal
    I like the Wampler Pinnacle for Humbuckers on the clean channel..
    The Boss OS 2 Is handy..The Wampler Tumnus warms a sterile sounding Amp..
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited September 2023
    My "longest standing pedal" is my Morley Bad Horsie wah, it’s absolutely massive.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've had my Eventide Timefactor and T Rex Moller on my pedalboard since 2007. Many, many others have come and gone, but these two shall stand.
  • Xotic RC booster. Would never sell it. Comic Sans font gives killer tone.
  • DD-3
  • KevS said:
    The 90 gets the job done though..Batteries last forever,just as well as it is the old style power supply..

<IGNORANT HERETIC ALERT>

What’s the old style power supply?
  • I bought a zendrive when they were first released, hasn't ever left my board since, been my main "driven" sound since.

Since finding the Lehle volume pedal that's been a permanent addition too.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Decibelics Klon
    before that was a Tumnus
    before that was a real Klon

None better or worse than the other but all same meat different gravy
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    Boss GE7 EQ, Marshall Guvnr II Plus, Behringer To800 Tubescreamer. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    Aqua puss
  • Boss oc2 octaver.  Bought nearly thirty years ago. Every bass player should have one. 

Except bass players who live in the same city as me.  They should forget I said anything, and shouldn't buy one. 

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    BOSS FS-7 from what seems like eons ago. In terms of noise making pedals probably a tie between a Trelicopter and an E-Lady when I came back after a few years off.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    My Digitech Whammy 5 has been on there since 2014, taking over from my Whammy 4 which commited electrical hari kari