Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Longest standing pedals on your board - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Longest standing pedals on your board

What's Hot

Comments

• Boss OD2 bought in the late 80s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 468
    edited September 2023
    I put my main board together in about 2005 and it’s barely changed. The main pedals still on it are:

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby
    MXR Dyna Comp
    MXR Phase 90
    Proco Rat II
    EHX Small Clone
    Boss DD-3
    Marshall Vibratrem
    Boss TU-2

But I’d already previously owned a Rat, Small Clone and Vibratrem before becoming a foul heretic and using a Line 6 Flextone  II for a while, so I re-bought them, so they’d be the longest standing. 

I’d re buy them all again if they malfunctioned and weren’t repairable 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb and Flashback Delay. I bought them the week of launch and have been using them since. 

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    Boring but Korg Pitchblack. Must have had it about 15 years now, got it when my DT10 died.

Other than that there's always a TS style overdrive on my board for boosting for heavier playing. Previously it was my BYOC but replaced with an SD1 after the BYOC switch became unreliable. 
  • Can’t remember which went on first out of these two, I think the delay.
    SIB Mr Echo
    Vox Big Ben Overdrive 
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    For me it's the BBE Sonic Stomp. It was the very first pedal I really coveted and had to work hard to get it. It absolutely does sound like a heavy blanket has been removed from your amp. Couldn't get hold of the colour scheme I wanted but would not swap it for all the circuits at Gassage's home gaff
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Thorpy gunshot I think.
  • Boss Chorus, must be at least 20 years old.

• Bought this one new back in the '80's I believe, my longest standing pedal which has just recently made it back onto one of my boards.

This one has been on and off a few times over the last few years, currently in use.

But I would say over the last few years, this one has been the most permanent fixture and see little reason for it ever being permanently removed. Small, simple, cheap and sounds friggin' awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited September 2023
    The following have been on my board for over 10 years or more

Keeley 2 knob - Oldest
    Keeley TS-808 (Mod Plus) but that's currently up for sale and off my board but I may keep it
    Catalinbread Serrano Picoso Boost (mini)
    Fulltone OCD V1.4
    Xotic EP Boost

The following about 8-10 years
    TC Flashback about  
    Zoom MS-70 CDR 

Early Pic

Latest Pic

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thefezthefez Frets: 122
    Can't remember exactly which was first but tuner aside, it would be the Nocturne Mystery Brain or the Surfybear Metal. 

Absolutely love both for my rockabilly/surf stuff I try and learn but they're just great pedals outside of that.

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2108
    The two longest running on my board are the Line 6 M5 & The Goosoniqueworx 7thvn 2 channel JFET Distortion. Both from 2011.

• Boss DD5 since 1998 or 1999?

I've bought other delays since then but I always find my way back to the DD5. 
  • None of mine are really old as I chopped and changed pedals for years before settling on what I have now. The ones that have never been removed from my board since I bought them are the Thorpy Peacekeeper, Gunshot, Warthog, Fat General, Team Medic and the Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis. The Thorpy Fallout Cloud comes and goes depending on whether I'm in the mood for a Big Muff or Fuzz Face. Notable mentions go to the Neunaber Immerse, BOSS MD-500, Strymon Volante, Xotic Wah, Gamechanger Audio Plus, Magnetic FX Black Moon and BOSS RC-3, all of which are usually on the board. I'm really impressed with the Zvex Super Duper boost, which I can't see being replaced. Most of my old/earlier pedals have been acquired by my son. 

I seem to be pretty attached to the pedals mentioned above after years trying loads of different ones. I now tend to just get a bigger board when something grabs my attention, rather than getting rid of pedals that already work well for me. It's now full, so something's gonna have to go if I want anything new.  :-)
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 157
    XTS Atomic OD...
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Not sure between the TS808 and the Big Muff OpAmp
  • Strymon Flint. Been with me since 2014 while everything else constantly chops and changes. 

Also I’m on my 5th Strymon Timeline!!! Something about it always drags me back and I’m loving it again at the moment.

It’d be brilliant if Strymon updated it like Line6 did with the DL4 (while retaining all the original delay engines)
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Morley volume/wah. Sounds great, plays great, looks great, and it’s 2/3 the size of the Cry Baby it kicked off the board. I have sold all my other pedals and building other circuits by hand, and the Morley is the only one still standing from my very first board. 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    Keeley Mod Plus Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer. 

I’ve had it for years. 

Nothing dislodges it from the (analogue) board. 

Although I am absolutely loving the MXR Duke Of Tone at the min which is screwed to my Fractal board along with an MXR classic 108 Fuzz. 
  • Recovery Dirty Murals. Sold it twice to buy something fancier, bought it back twice because nothing sounds as good. Won’t sell it again

• NeilNeil Frets: 3464
  • Rat, since about 1999 I think. 
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 117
    I didn't used to have a board back in the day, but I've got an SD-1 and a DM-2 that've been with me and in constant use since the 90s...

• Also I’m on my 5th Strymon Timeline!!! Something about it always drags me back and I’m loving it again at the moment.

One more from me - Eventide Timefactor. I've only had 2, but the first one was sold and re-bought, then sold again. Then I bought another. I've learned my lesson - it's a fabulous pedal and I massively prefer it to the Timeline
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It would be my big box rat. I honestly don't know when I bought it, probably late 90s. Anything older than that (a couple of big muffs and a few dod delays) died a long time ago but the rat keeps going strong. It's still my favourite.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    Well, until recently it would be my Yamaha CH-01 chorus pedal (which considerably predates my pedal board, let alone anything else on it having been bought new in 1983) but that actually got swapped for something else recently, so it’s now my Rothwell Hellbender…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MXR Carbon Copy and Mad Professor Mellow Yellow both coming up on ten years. The former just works for me although it needs 12v IMHO. The latter isn’t the funkiest tremolo but again it works brilliantly. Lovepedal OD 11 coming up on nine years even though a fair few other drives have come and gone
    Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Palmer Solid Metal 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    My main pedalboard has been SD-1 BD-2 CE-2 DM-2 for about 3 years now.

My little board has a Liquid Sunshine and a Super Badass that are both about 10+ years old.
  • I rotate a fair bit, but pedals that have done a lot of time on the board, particularly when gigging:

Korg Pitch black
    G-lab BC1
    Way Huge Green Rhino
    Malekko 616
    Strymon Flint

Also the Amptweaker Tight Drive Pro. That's such an amazing pedal and can form the center piece of a board with its switchable loops and what not. I had a board based around that running into a small Blackheart Little Giant for years and it sounded way bigger and better than it had any right to. I only changed it when I got bored in lock down and started buying and selling pedals again which ended up this year culminating in a Rockerverb.