Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Longest standing pedals on your board - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Longest standing pedals on your board

What's Hot
AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 111
This place naturally generates a lot of discussion about new gear, or changes of gear, but I’m curious about the pedals people aren’t changing.

Putting aside utility pedals like tuners, switchers and loopers, what pedal has been on your board the longest?

I only started tinkering with FX during lockdown, but found my own answer is slightly surprising - my Ibanez Chorus Mini is the sole survivor of many board revisions. I only bought it in the first place because I couldn’t find a Way Huge Blue Hippo, but it just does a great job. I had the opportunity to replace it with a Hippo recently and suddenly realised there was no need. 

Given as drives seem to be area of maximum churn (I replaced all of mine when I switched amp!), it might be interesting to have separate answers for drive and non-drive pedals.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. Cured my tuner GAS. :0)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Strymon Flint for both high quality reverb and tremolo, the three settings for each side are all unique and useable. Fantastic pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    I mix and match pedals over 3 or 4 boards. I buy a pedal and if I keep it I'll rotate it in and out of boards. Here are my oldest pedals and when I bought them

Fuzz factory 2000
    Fulldrive 2 2000
    Deluxe memoryman 2006
    King of tone 2006
    Klon 2007

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Currently the El Cap (v1) is the longest serving pedal on my board. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Boss OD2.
  • My board was rebuilt from scratch a few months ago, when I decided (again) that the pain (for me) of using a modeller was worse than the joy and convenience it promised, so... :-( 

But, the pedal I've owned for ages and still love and own (but it's not on this board - it's in a cupboard and has been replaced by a Kernom Ridge) is a T-Rex Moller. Still love the TCE Spark, which is on the board but not had it anything like as long.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Got an old proco rat which has seen off all competitors since 2008.. I kept buying pedals to replace it but nothing has
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 2871
    edited September 2023
    I rotate through my stock of pedals every so often but my Boss DD-500 delay is a mainstay on my main pedalboard.  Everything else seems pivot around that. I think I got  it in 2018. 
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    TC Sparkboost mini 
    Gunshot replaced my Little green wonder for main drive.
    For modulation I switch between an Ibanez phaser and a viscous vibe but I had both for a good while.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Boss OD3. Been with me about 15 years now. So good I bought 2 back in the day =) 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I can't remember which one was first:

9reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slacker said:
    I mix and match pedals over 3 or 4 boards. I buy a pedal and if I keep it I'll rotate it in and out of boards. Here are my oldest pedals and when I bought them

Fuzz factory 2000
    Fulldrive 2 2000
    Deluxe memoryman 2006
    King of tone 2006
    Klon 2007

I do the same, so things get rotated rather than sold off. Of the pedals I've got and still use regularly the longest serving are:

Boss SD-1 (the od I know the best and always seem to come back to eventually) 

Barber Tone Press (Great compressor, simple to use) 

Korg Pitchblack tuner (Really easy to use live) 

• TU3 and probably a boss overdrive (od3 I think). 
  • GFS Tuner, Rat, DD-7, SHO clone. I think for a decade or even more.
  • Despite converting to a Kemper user in 2020 I've still kept my pedals as I still use them with a small 5w combo.

The longest standing ones are my Ibanez TS9 (bought in 2008 I think), my Boss TU-2 (bought in the same year) and Boss DD-6 (around the same period maybe a year later). I still use them now even though the Kemper effects are great.
  • I've had a Polytune mini on every pedalboard since 2011. 

My overall longest serving pedals are a Rat, Hotcake and Eventide Timefactor, though none are in active use at the moment as my boards are both Nanos and can change every couple of weeks depending on what the band wants to play. Of currently-used stuff I think it's Deco and Revival Drive Compact
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I've got a spreadsheet for this sort of thing! Let me check. 

My old Keeley 2 knob compressor. Solid as a rock. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 235
    Bit of a cheat as I’ve had them both in various versions, but the Turbo Tuner and Analogman Chorus are both pedals where I can’t see how they could he improved. Zero tuner or chorus GAS since I got them.
  • Original (analogue) Boss CH-1 from (I think) 1989.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    This one. A home made project. It uses Bluetooth to advance the setlist on my iPad. It is on my current pedal board, and the two previous boards.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Boss BC-1X compressor.

It always comes with me. I got one when they were launched and it's perfect.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    Eqd avalanche run. Although it's been off my board a couple of times to get repaired.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Boss dd-2 and dod fx-65
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Sassafras said:

You are history's worst monster. 

They should be in colour order. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

httpsiebayimgcomimagesgBgwAAOSwPopc1DXZs-l1600jpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Crybaby longest by a good margin

EP boost that is old enough to be a Mki
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • I rotate quite a bit, and often take a small board that's tailored to the specific situation. But generally, my Particle V1 has been on pretty much every "main" board since I got it.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    Sporky said:
    Sassafras said:

You are history's worst monster. 

They should be in colour order. 
    I’ve got a Behringer version of your Boss board .
    You should get it photographed and made into Rug I’m sure lots of people would buy a Boss pedals rug  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    Im hoping Boss will release a new version of there Boss pedal mouse?
    One that’s usb chargeable and works wirelessly with apple products?
  • RAT.  It has cured my GAS for distortion/drive.  I do get interested in the occasional fuzz, but the rest of my gain has been sorted - literally- for decades.