Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). On the move again! Toying with selling a guitar that I never thought I'd sell... - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

On the move again! Toying with selling a guitar that I never thought I'd sell...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• @offset Is that a subtle joke I'm missing?  :o
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • As a former (very temporary) owner of this guitar, I can vouch for how good it is. Utterly stunning, just too narrow for my enormous hands. Steve is a great guy to deal with, so what’s not to like.
    He also sold me a fabulous Eggle OZ T to which I will always be thankful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks, @Woodandwires - if you haven't already, please feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/60049/

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    edited September 2023
    (A recurring joke about Donald "Crazy Donnie" Trump, owner and, apparently, sole poster on TRUTH Social is that he has very small hands. I don't think it was intended as a slight.)
  • @Grangousier Useful to know  =)

My band, Red For Dissent
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks, @Woodandwires ;

If I can reciprocate, drop me a link!

My band, Red For Dissent
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited September 2023
    @offset Is that a subtle joke I'm missing?  o
    'TRUTH Social' is the conspiracy theory and lies outlet social media platform belonging to that well-known champion of the small-handed Donald Trump :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It's lovely! Are rosewood necks heavier/lighter/the same as other necks? Think I read somewhere maple is denser so just wondering because SGs can be a bit neck heavy and wondering if the new new one helps (or if it's never been an issue).
  • Dan_Halen said:
    It's lovely! Are rosewood necks heavier/lighter/the same as other necks? Think I read somewhere maple is denser so just wondering because SGs can be a bit neck heavy and wondering if the new new one helps (or if it's never been an issue).
    @Dan_Halen the neck is actually wenge and, for me, doesn't have signifcant neck dive - and weighs 7.5lb in total.  @Woodandwires might confirm.

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • No neck dive on this SG I can confirm, I always use a suede backed strap as well.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    axisus said:
    What a beauty! 
    Thanks, @axisus - it really is.  Just had a play with it and it's so slick.  I 100% believe it's the best guitar on the forum at this price.  Anybody with small hands looking for a guitar? :)
    If I was nearer I might have been tempted to take a look! It really is a great looking guitar.
  • Dan_Halen said:
    It's lovely! Are rosewood necks heavier/lighter/the same as other necks? Think I read somewhere maple is denser so just wondering because SGs can be a bit neck heavy and wondering if the new new one helps (or if it's never been an issue).
    @Dan_Halen the neck is actually wenge and, for me, doesn't have signifcant neck dive - and weighs 7.5lb in total.  @Woodandwires might confirm.
    Ah, sorry - it was mentioned more that once that it was wenge and that didn't seem to actually register in my head!
  • axisus said:
    axisus said:
    What a beauty! 
    Thanks, @axisus - it really is.  Just had a play with it and it's so slick.  I 100% believe it's the best guitar on the forum at this price.  Anybody with small hands looking for a guitar? :)
    If I was nearer I might have been tempted to take a look! It really is a great looking guitar.
    If you know you like SGs and smaller necks, I can't imagine being disappointed, @axisus - I might be biased but I know the likes of @andy1839 have played and rated it highly.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    What a beauty! 
    If you know you like SGs and smaller necks, I can't imagine being disappointed, @axisus - I might be biased but I know the likes of @andy1839 have played and rated it highly.
    I have literally never held an SG, let alone play one! I'm just impressed on looks alone.
  • @axisus Haha, that's fair enough :)  I should just keep the bastard thing.  If the PJE sells, I will keep it.

My band, Red For Dissent