Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gibson Les Paul Standard - New Custom Colours - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Gibson Les Paul Standard - New Custom Colours

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
Loads of options on the 50s and 60s Standards, plain top or figured…

https://www.gibson.com/en-GB/Custom-Color
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    edited August 2023
    OOoh, they do a white plain top now, without going Custom!

But £2,599 though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 1979
    About time they did some different colours! Just had an email from GAK, they've got a couple of exclusives too:
    https://www.gak.co.uk/Results?q=gibson custom colour

Tim
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    OOoh, they do a white plain top now, without going Custom!

But £2,599 though!
    Yeah… I like a few of them but would rather stretch a bit further for an R7 or R8.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    Pelham Blue 60s is nice. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Put me down for a blacktop. I've wanted one for at least a decade. I'd still rather an R8 version but I'm very glad this is an option
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    The plain tops are all nice (not keen on the bursts) - but if push comes to shove, out of all Gibson LP standards with a plain neck / back and solid colour face it would have to be a goldtop.

Which I already have to be honest so can save my gas tokens for an actual custom 

Nice to see a white standard in the lineup though!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Put me down for a blacktop. I've wanted one for at least a decade. I'd still rather an R8 version but I'm very glad this is an option
    £300 more gets you a custom Heritage at the moment https://www.andertons.co.uk/heritage-custom-shop-core-collection-h-150-electric-guitar-in-ebony-phrt-011107127-snt-1

Just saying...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1170
    I think the solid colour tops, cream plastics and natural back and sides look great. Understated and classy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    (my maths is out but the point stands lol)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There's nowhere to put a Snark on the Heritage headstock though :'(
  • Some nice colours, but it’s a bit stingy to only paint the top for the extra they’re asking. An all white 60’s standard would be a possible buy for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Interesting tidbit from a Trogly video a couple of days ago, where he hinted that he'd been shown these colours in advance. He then went on to say that the Classic looked to be discontinued, at least "in its current standing", which I take to mean position in the range.

And now he's said that... yeah, what's the point of the Classic at the moment? Particularly now they're doing plain top 60s Standards, which is all the current Classic is, plus PCB/push-pull controls. It'll be interesting to see if it's discontinued or a new Classic is revealed in the near future.
    Tim
  • Meh. They're still LP Standards. The world needs more P90s not humbuckers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    edited August 2023
    At last Gibson! At last! Classic White, Ebony and Cardinal Red are the sexiest. 

If they were to be no more than 4kg, Id consider getting one.
    roberty said:
    £300 more gets you a custom Heritage at the moment https://www.andertons.co.uk/heritage-custom-shop-core-collection-h-150-electric-guitar-in-ebony-phrt-011107127-snt-1

Just saying...
    Yeah but fugly headstock and all black. Blacktop is where the action is. My favourite LP finish after goldtop, and way rarer, so I’m more drawn to it
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I do like the blacktop.  Also Sparkling Burgundy and Translucent Oxblood.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    They pretty much all look fabulous. Given how many companies produce a great Les Paul for around the £2k mark now, are these good enough value to shift in big numbers? 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    I dream of a Traditional with P90s, in black or in a deep wine red.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    roberty said:

Just saying...
    It’s a shame all those Heritages seem to have overly flat neck angles, the stoptails appear well jacked up 
    Meh. They're still LP Standards. The world needs more P90s not humbuckers.
    It would be good to see some of these with P90s.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    I think Ebony and Cherry plain tops are the only ones I’d go for. The rest are a bit garish.
  • Dammit I want a plain maple top with a transparent finish. Would that be asking too much?

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2108
    Why not have some variation in things like fretwire, or pickups? I hate Gibson’s lack of real choice when it comes to player centric features. 
  • I prefer the more usual finishes on Les Paul’s 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    So, it’s about £200 extra to get the top sprayed at the factory with £5 worth of paint and thinner AND it takes less time to shoot than a burst? 

Printing money..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    So, it’s about £200 extra to get the top sprayed at the factory with £5 worth of paint and thinner AND it takes less time to shoot than a burst? 

Printing money..

:D 

What will be interesting is to see how quickly these sell. I'm guessing the blacktop, red and pelham blue ones will sell easily and we'll see the Inverness green, fuchsia and blue burst ones stuck at dealers and blown out at 40% off in a year. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Hmmmm. I can see some of these dropping in price very quickly.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3464

What will be interesting is to see how quickly these sell. I'm guessing the blacktop, red and pelham blue ones will sell easily and we'll see the Inverness green, fuchsia and blue burst ones stuck at dealers and blown out at 40% off in a year. 

I hope so, I really like the Inverness green. 
    jeztone2 said:
    Why not have some variation in things like fretwire, or pickups? I hate Gibson’s lack of real choice when it comes to player centric features. 
    Because these are new colours for existing models, not new models.

New "Supremes" coming soon, and potentially a shakeup of the Classic - I'm hoping the latter returns to its hotter roots rather than a PCB in a 60s Standard.
    Tim

Printing money..

These new plain tops have an RRP of £2,599. The RRP on the current burst finishes is now £2,799, I think it’s just that no UK shops are actually selling any for that.