Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Andertons/Victory - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Andertons/Victory

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• Sassafras said:

That's another one KDH might waste his time investigating like a pound shop Jessica Fletcher.
    I prefer to think of him as more of a Roger Cook type figure?  =)
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 847
    elstoof said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    Anyone got a link to one of these videos where they've suggested to people they should buy a Victory instead of something else they stock? 
    https://youtu.be/RUPBvX8olAw?si=Wdxvw913BsZzsVWT

Skip to 45 minutes and all three explain the reasons why they would buy the Victory over the Fender and the Milkman, closer to a review than a demo

Just to say up front that I don't have a real problem with this whole issue.  Victory amps seem good and what I've learned recently hasn't made me think less of them.  It's just that I've learned something about Lee Anderton that I'm sure he wishes had never come to light in quite this way.  After watching the end of that three-amp shootout I was left wondering where Mick fitted into the whole thing, and found at the 8th minute he says "I have to declare an interest here given that I did the video for Victory for the V40 Deluxe".  His reputation remains fully intact.  However, Lee remains quiet - should he have said something at that ideal moment?

I note that they've now added a paragraph in the description of the video clarifying Lee Anderton's personal interest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • revsorg said:

I note that they've now added a paragraph in the description of the video clarifying Lee Anderton's personal interest.
    There's a feature on YouTube to change descriptions en masse so it's probably on all their videos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElxElx Frets: 408
    I loved it when Lee said "I wanna say thank you to KDH for bringing this up and I hope things are a bit clearer now", referring to the video he obviously wished KDH never made. Such an English thing to do, say "thank you" when in fact you're probably thinking "look what you have done, you annoying twat" :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • "That uppidy paddy needs to get back in his box"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Elx said:
    I loved it when Lee said "I wanna say thank you to KDH for bringing this up and I hope things are a bit clearer now", referring to the video he obviously wished KDH never made. Such an English thing to do, say "thank you" when in fact you're probably thinking "look what you have done, you annoying twat" :)
    It's mostly a way of not looking like a dick on social media IMO. Quietly taking the issue around the back with a shotgun, "going for a little walk"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • At least Lee handled things more professionally than Rob has in the past. Absolute car crash that was.