Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Bernie Marsden - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Bernie Marsden

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Philly_Q said:
    Just found this - May 2011 and  I had Bernie on my stand, courtesy of PRS Guitars for a large part of the day, at the Manchester Guitar Show - Hard to believe it was 12 years ago - At the very start of the clip and the end, when Bernie is on stage you can just about see my 'poster' at the time - A PRS Modern Eagle with my logo - Nice interview with him especially talking about Rory and his Strat 

He was on the stand for a couple of hours, signing, talking and friendly to all - I recall he had a long chat with an MP (sorry can't recall who) but believe they became quite friendly after - MP played guitar - My only complaint was he ate my flap jack at the end of the day 

- Bugger - for some reason it won't let me post the video clip - If anyone can google Bernie Marsden Manchester Guitar Show 2011, you should be able to pick up the clip - Try posting it and see if you can get it to work 

I would guess that was David Morris, MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale?
    Whitesnake Maestro and Friends help the Winter Gardens  David Morris MP

Looks like you nailed it 

Bernie had a Blackmore Strat?  There's some irony in there somewhere...
    Those are David Morris's guitars. :)  One or both of the Washburn A-20s on the far right belonged to Micky Moody, so there's a Whitesnake connection.  And I think the white Aria at the front is ex Alan Murphy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited August 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Just found this - May 2011 and  I had Bernie on my stand, courtesy of PRS Guitars for a large part of the day, at the Manchester Guitar Show - Hard to believe it was 12 years ago - At the very start of the clip and the end, when Bernie is on stage you can just about see my 'poster' at the time - A PRS Modern Eagle with my logo - Nice interview with him especially talking about Rory and his Strat 

He was on the stand for a couple of hours, signing, talking and friendly to all - I recall he had a long chat with an MP (sorry can't recall who) but believe they became quite friendly after - MP played guitar - My only complaint was he ate my flap jack at the end of the day 

- Bugger - for some reason it won't let me post the video clip - If anyone can google Bernie Marsden Manchester Guitar Show 2011, you should be able to pick up the clip - Try posting it and see if you can get it to work 

I would guess that was David Morris, MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale?
    Whitesnake Maestro and Friends help the Winter Gardens  David Morris MP

Looks like you nailed it 

Bernie had a Blackmore Strat?  There's some irony in there somewhere...
    Those are David Morris's guitars.   One or both of the Washburn A-20s on the far right belonged to Micky Moody, so there's a Whitesnake connection.  And I think the white Aria at the front is ex Alan Murphy.
    Wiz'd.

I do like the fact he's rested his babies on Youngs bar mats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is it appropriate to give this a "bump"?

I feel somewhat offended that certain other deceased, who led a rather self serving, even domineering life, are listed above someone who - by all accounts - was a warm, friendly and largely exemplary character.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter