Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Tim Baugh aka Fretwired - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Tim Baugh aka Fretwired

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
I have a bit of sad news to relay.

Tim Baugh aka @Fretwired passed away from cancer a couple of weeks ago.
Tim hadn't posted much lately due to his treatment but those of us who have been here for a long time will remember him as a a thoroughly good bloke, passionate about music and guitar playing.

RIP Tim.
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Ah what awful news, always seemed like a really good fella.  :'(

RIP Tim.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    That's really sad, he was one of the good ones  :/ RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Ah nuts, that’s sad news. 
    RIP. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    RIP @Fretwired Sad news indeed 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    That's terrible news.  RIP Fretwired.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited July 2023
    Oh gosh, I'm very sorry to hear that.  RIP.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    RIP Tim , always came across as a thoroughly decent chap :-(
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    RIP Tim, I didn't know you but I liked what you had to say and your Winnie the Pooh avatar.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I haven't been here that long, but @Fretwired was always a steady decent reliable human being. RIP, our loss.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Damn, RIP dude.

Another OG Fretboarder :(
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7928
    RIP Tim
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    That’s terribly sad news. He was a smashing guy, very funny, very nice, always had a kind word or offered a way of looking at something to support another’s point of view in a heated argument. Argh that’s really sad. He was part of this community for, it seems like, for like 20 years. Thanks Octa for letting us know. Rest in Peace Fretwired :(
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    That's a shame, a very regular poster for as long as I've been here (and previous sites). 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

That's very sad to hear, a thoroughly nice man. R.I.P.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    oh wow, he was around from the days when it was all fields round here, an original founder. RIP and condolences to his family.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Wow, that is a shocker.  I thought we hadn't heard much from him lately, but didn't know why.

RIP and thoughts with his loved ones.

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited July 2023
    That's really sad news. RIP.
    It's not a competition.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Absolutely one of the good ones and a big shock. 

RIP Tim
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    That's sad news.

RIP Tim
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    RIP Fretwired..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    RIP Fret 
    He came from the original Guitarist forum, I remember him joining in the jams we did when someone would post a backing track. Must have been 20 odd years ago now. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    RIP Fretwired
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Sad news.  RIP, Tim.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    RIP. 
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 262
    edited July 2023
    Sorry to hear this 
    I looked at the F1 thread afterwards , and noticed it was @Fretwired who’d started that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Damn, sorry to hear this. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Ah crap. Condolences to his loved ones.

A proper gentleman.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    RIP Tim :(

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Sad news indeed and yes always came across as one of the good guys.
    RIP Tim.