Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Glastonbury via armchair 2023 - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Glastonbury via armchair 2023

What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    Hot chip were effertlessly cool. Royal Blood having a great time but Young Fathers being the highlight so far
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Astley was surprisingly good. He really enjoyed himself. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Chvrches set is very good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    The Murder Capital didn't disappoint!
    Guitars are winning at Woodsies today  :)
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    Generation Sex were….. there
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Apols for a repeat from another thread - but Third World were fucking BRILLIANT.  Best act thus far by a country mile.  And despite some reservations, I really liked Shame.
    Jockstrap are pretty good and they met at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, so their music has a certain sophistication about it.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Vintage65 said:
    Jockstrap are pretty good and they met at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, so their music has a certain sophistication about it.
    Oooof... I thought they were awful.  Sorry.
    edited June 2023
    Offset said:
    Apols for a repeat from another thread - but Third World were fucking BRILLIANT.  Best act thus far by a country mile.  And despite some reservations, I really liked Shame.
    Shame were good, but I thought The Murder Capital were better as their music translates well to a live environment. I liked the bit where the Shame singer smashed up the "Turnstile" acoustic guitar though 
    edited June 2023
    Offset said:
    Vintage65 said:
    Their latest album is very highly rated (Top 20 AOTY 2022 on Metacritic), so beauty is in the eye of the beholder 

I'm looking forward to Caroline Polachek tomorrow evening, and I suppose she will be hated by many even though the critics love her. That's what makes music so great!
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 598
    rsvmark said:
    rick astley  was bloody great (i never thought i would say that). fair play to the gent he can play as well as sing (and by all accounts is a genuinely nice guy to boot). 
    +1

I thought I'd have a quick look, out of curiosity, and ended up watching the whole set. Great stuff.

Super stuff
    Excellent, they really had fun up there and I thoroughly enjoyed it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Tone71 said:
    rsvmark said:
    rick astley  was bloody great (i never thought i would say that). fair play to the gent he can play as well as sing (and by all accounts is a genuinely nice guy to boot). 
    +1

I thought I'd have a quick look, out of curiosity, and ended up watching the whole set. Great stuff.

Super stuff
    Excellent, they really had fun up there and I thoroughly enjoyed it 
    Who'd have thought Rick is bigger than Elvis  :o
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    Now Rick is smashing it with Blossoms doing a set of Smiths covers
    rsvmark said:
    Now Rick is smashing it with Blossoms doing a set of Smiths covers
    Should The Smiths reform with Rick on vocals?
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    edited June 2023
    Manics fantastic on other stage. Best so far imho. Live now about 4 songs in.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Offset said:
    Vintage65 said:
    Same. 
  • This is Astley’s Glastonbury thus far. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    edited June 2023
    Had to switch off 
    used to like the artic monkeys but not listened to a lot of their newer stuff 
    Alex Turner now looks like Richard Hammond trying to do an elvis impersonation 
    Absolutely spot on! He's completely disappeared up his own arse. Some people can do the cool rockstar thing. He can't. He'd be better off sticking to being a working class Sheffield lad.
    edited June 2023
    Offset said:
    Vintage65 said:
    Same. 
    You can read the reviews here which might help explain why you don't like them.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/i-love-you-jennifer-b/jockstrap/critic-reviews
  • Lizzo killing it. Absolutely destroying. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Manics absolutely brilliant. Fantastic guitars too. That Eastman! Swoon! James Dean Bradfield incredibly underrated guitarist, singer, frontman, and songwriter. He was incredible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2023
    LPManic said:
    Manics absolutely brilliant. Fantastic guitars too. That Eastman! Swoon! James Dean Bradfield incredibly underrated guitarist, singer, frontman, and songwriter. He was incredible. 
    Eastman's are great, I just bought one.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    edited June 2023
    Pale Waves ... they are a lot of fun...

Smoking hot frontwoman as well...

Edit:  it wouldn't do my any good if she was straight either chaps, I'm old enough to be young people's Dad's
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Vintage65 said:
    LPManic said:
    Just based on JDBs ownership of one?  That's logic I can understand!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Vintage65 said:
    LPManic said:
    Just based on JDBs ownership of one?  That's logic I can understand!
    I saw them play in Blackwood in front of about 10 people when they were first starting out, and I've bumped into James a few times after that :)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Just tuned in for first moment I’ve had to hear myself think. Pretenders absolutely smashing it. Chrissie brilliant as ever, her guitar player is shit-hot.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    Guitar free but Kellis was fantastic 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    JerkMoans said:
    Just tuned in for first moment I’ve had to hear myself think. Pretenders absolutely smashing it. Chrissie brilliant as ever, her guitar player is shit-hot.
    Agreed. Great guitar tones and rock attitude.
    It's not a competition.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2562
    Just caught up with the Billy Nomates set from yesterday (Fri), and I thought she was fucking amazing.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!