Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Stripping an Epi LP is not for the faint-hearted! Headstock going to get the chop too... - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Stripping an Epi LP is not for the faint-hearted! Headstock going to get the chop too...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    Ah sheeiit... I dont think this is going to be popular but what the hell ...

Highly spec'd headstock reshape :lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Oxblood, always oxblood. ;)
    I've just taken delivery of an Oxblood Heritage H-150. The colour made me do it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • So I decided for now to go the easy route and oiled and waxed the body. Finally restrung last night.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I like that. Looks great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • grungebob said:
    I like that. Looks great. 
    Cheers Bob :+1: now I just need to sort out the wiring it sounds shit and I'm not sure where I've gone wrong  :s
  • Nice job! Love the colour of the body and the headstock mod though why didn't you sand the rest of the "Les Paul" off? 

• Neilybob said:
    Nice job! Love the colour of the body and the headstock mod though why didn't you sand the rest of the "Les Paul" off? 

I didn't really have a plan and as I was taking off the shine on the headstock I thought... I want to leave the decals as I am not trying to hide what the guitar actually is..
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    lovestrat74 said:

Cheers Bob :+1: now I just need to sort out the wiring it sounds shit and I'm not sure where I've gone wrong  :s
    What are the problems - muddy, thin, or something else? Do the controls work full over their ranges?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    I’m not totally convinced about the headstock modification but you did a great job everywhere else. Now play it and enjoy your handiwork. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBM said:
    lovestrat74 said:

What are the problems - muddy, thin, or something else? Do the controls work full over their ranges?
    It sounds quite dark and muffled and the tone control for the neck pup works backwards!

I got some 500k pots from the clearance section on 6 string supplies website (not a dig as I always recommend them on here) but they ain't great if I am being honest. Could well be my shit wiring tho.

I haven't had the time to investigate as i have a large domestic project on the go. 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited September 2023
    I was only going to restring it...

But the faux gold had to go...
    Then the pathetic maple veneer...

Now left with 300 piece top... not sure if I can pull this one off. Think I quite like it though. Few coats of oil and some nice rich wax and it "might" look okay lol

Just started reading this thread today.  Gotta say, I was hoping it would come to this.  I love wood.  You’ve done amazing work here, looks fantastic.

Far as the tone goes, hopefully you didn’t sand off too much tone paint.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks @Cranky :+1: