Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mid 2000'S, ska, young guys, what band was that? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mid 2000'S, ska, young guys, what band was that?

What's Hot

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1206
    Random Hand?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    LPManic said:
    LPManic said:
    Hope not. They weren’t a ska band and they’re touring again. 
    I have a feeling they might be ska to OP.
    They somehow got lumped in with the Ordinary Boys as new ska at the time. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Has OP died? I know I’m right.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    roberty said:
    Imperial Leisure

… and other search engine suggestions.
    Did you find imperial leisure on Google or have you actually heard of them?
    There was a slight clue in my earlier post. :)

A search engine found IL (and several of the other suggestions that have been posted). I typed out their name because it made I larf.
    Be seeing you.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    LPManic said:
    No, he's just skapered.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    LPManic said:
    No, he's just skapered.
    Gwen just said to me there's no doubt about that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    maharg101 said:
    They're probably listed on https://colinspunkrockworld.blogspot.com/2021/10/column-in-defence-of-uk-ska.html?m=1
    That is an address I'd never tire of mispronouncing...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PotentialDonkeyPotentialDonkey Frets: 18
    edited June 2023
    maharg101 said:
    They're probably listed on https://colinspunkrockworld.blogspot.com/2021/10/column-in-defence-of-uk-ska.html?m=1
    That is an address I'd never tire of mispronouncing...
    Not dissimilar to Experts Exchange’s web address or that of Pen Island… are either of those the mystery band? Come on, it’s Pen Island isn’t it?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    Kids Can't Fly? South Coast based and ruddy good. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Was it Mandela Syndrome...
    ...not a band name, literally did you imagine them?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    I've had Lee from Madness in my tent begging for some more of my garden grown weed. Other than that I can't help you OP.
     I assumed it would be that prick that made himself look worse on Buzzcocks in the Amstell era. Love a bit of Ska me!
  • Was it Mandela Syndrome...
    ...not a band name, literally did you imagine them?
    I imagined Free Nelson Mandela Syndrome instead. 
  • Jfingers said:
    I've had Lee from Madness in my tent begging for some more of my garden grown weed. Other than that I can't help you OP.
     I assumed it would be that prick that made himself look worse on Buzzcocks in the Amstell era. Love a bit of Ska me!
    What did you say to Lee?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited June 2023
    Jfingers said:
    What did you say to Lee?
    Sent him off to look for Caveman Grogg and his homegrown parsley...?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    What did you say to Lee?
    I gave him some and then the following morning he and the original drummer of Bad Manners did silly things in a Saab convertible. I used to be good mates with the pair of them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jfingers said:
    What did you say to Lee?
    I gave him some and then the following morning he and the original drummer of Bad Manners did silly things in a Saab convertible. I used to be good mates with the pair of them.
    Sounds like a jolly rude(boi) time! 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    The Futureheads
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Bod said:
    Random Hand?
    Small Hand?
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 2999
    Nope , none of the above guys , they were like a glossy ska reggae band , along the lines of Ziggy Marley , lead singer played an accoustic guitar, I cant remember there being a wind section in the band, quite radio friendly, poppy kind of stuff.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    I mean this in the nicest possible way, @robgilmo, but fuck off!  I can't believe you're resurrecting this thread 6 or 7 weeks later!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 210
    edited July 2023
    Jaya the cat?
    No, very clean cut , boyish , kind of boy bandish but not a boy band.

Not very ska at all, although they featured a horn section quite frequently, but Dog Eat Dog have just announced their comeback album:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dog-eat-dog-announces-first-full-length-album-in-17-years-free-radicals

These guys werent heavy at all , more poppy, They were pretty big for about a year or so from memory, I hate it when this happens, I can picture them, I just cant remember any of their songs!

Is there a worst threads HOF in here? Because this threads deserves to be in there.

@robgilmo you are not the messiah, you are a very naughty boy
  • HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 115
    The Beat maybe? - 

They don't want your name, they just want your number.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    HippoPete said:
    The Beat maybe? - 

Much as I love The Beat the OP has given us some serious misdirection if that’s the right answer! 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    The Wombles? 
  • guitarajguitaraj Frets: 10
    Bedouin Soundclash? (Not from UK but fits the clean cut description and the timeframe…)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter