Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mid 2000'S, ska, young guys, what band was that? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mid 2000'S, ska, young guys, what band was that?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 2999
I think they were in the charts, they were really good, they were quite young, they came, they were great, they went away, anyone remember them?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Paging @EricTheWeary ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 961
    No Doubt?
    less than Jake?
    sum 41? 
    Reel big fish?
    nofx?
    rancid?
    Too many…
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 2999
    No Doubt?
    less than Jake?
    sum 41? 
    Reel big fish?
    nofx?
    rancid?
    Too many…
    Nope, Ithink , though I could be wrong, they were from the Uk.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    I was never a fan, but are you thinking of The Ordinary Boys? 

I was never a fan, but are you thinking of The Ordinary Boys? 

No , they were leagues above those guys, Im pretty sure they were in the charts, very Ska orientated butreally fresh, could have been late 2000's or after. Very distinguished sound.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Bombskare?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    The Mighty Mighty Boss Tones ?
    edited May 2023
    ICBM said:
    Bombskare?
    No, thats not them, from memory the lead singer played guitar, I think accoustic although could have been the set, alternative ska but quite popie, really really good, only around for around a year, I think british, one of those bands where you think 'this is really good' then they are gone. They were really young too.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Beat Union?
    Uk ska in the 2000s? Dead 60s?

https://youtu.be/lqyirFP-vp4
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nope, more of a pop radio friendly ske/reggae sound.
    Can only think of Fat Freddy’s Drop, but they’re from NZ. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    By The Rivers?

Leicester band, wasn't sure how far they got but can see they got some BBC coverage playing at Glastonbury and t in the park in the 2010s
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 19
    Spunge? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    The Dead 60s?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Imperial Leisure
    The Rumble Strips
    Sonic Boom Six

… and other search engine suggestions.

Clues such as number of band members and instrumentation would help to narrow down the possible options.
    Be seeing you.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I think this is going to remain a mystery.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't remember them???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't remember them???
    I think the cumbersome name didn't help their career. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    edited June 2023
    You sure it was a ska band? I keep coming back to The Coral when I see this thread. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Only other suggestion I've got (I would have said Dead 60s) is Backyard Dog who had a top 20 hit in about 2001. 
    The Dualers probably one of the more consistent UK ska bands of recent times (their dep guitarist on here IIRC)who aren't already a big name although I don't think they fit the brief. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
  • LPManic said:
    Hope not. They weren’t a ska band and they’re touring again. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    In case you’re like missus munckee who would be thinking about something but have the wrong sexes, era and genre I’m going to guess Wet Leg?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckee said:
    In case you’re like missus munckee who would be thinking about something but have the wrong sexes, era and genre I’m going to guess Wet Leg?
    Love this. 

I’m now going to guess that it’s Slipknot. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764

Chas n Dave?

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited June 2023
    Imperial Leisure
    The Rumble Strips
    Sonic Boom Six

… and other search engine suggestions.
    Did you find imperial leisure on Google or have you actually heard of them? I played dozens of festival shows in that band over the years but was never a full time member. Always a good laugh
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    LPManic said:
    Hope not. They weren’t a ska band and they’re touring again. 
    I have a feeling they might be ska to OP.