Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oh Dear Royal Blood - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oh Dear Royal Blood

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8409
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Well they took the booking... clearly not the crowd for their new, rather metallic, direction.  Not that they have ever been that poppy.

Here's hoping he enjoys supporting Muse a bit more when I see them next month!!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    I wonder who shot his dog 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Case of know your audience really, Radio 1 Big Weekend - what did they expect ? Download/Monsters of Rock audience ? :/  

Classy/Professional thing to do would've been to bang out a belting set with a "Thangyouvermush" at the end, and walk off - then rip their manager/agent a new one for booking them there !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    Their entire career is thanks to Radio 1 and BBC using their songs on Match of the day montages. Utterly embarrassing behaviour.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Here’s the thing that I don’t get, they’ve actually done Live Lounge covers. They could actually do the Radio 1 if they wanted to but ego got in the way 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    As seen on twitter:

"royal blood are like a pizza cutter. All edge and no point" 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    Pair of goons, they should go a bang on gig regardless of crowd, how are they going to gain new fans with that attitude? 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    I've always found them to be quite cheesy and cringey especially the vocals. Good to know his personality reflects that as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    I'm not surprised a casual festival audience waiting to see Lewis Capaldi didn't know who they were.
    Little Monster is the only thing I've heard from them and that's what...? 8 or 9 years old now...?

Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Well they took the booking... clearly not the crowd for their new, rather metallic, direction.  Not that they have ever been that poppy.

Here's hoping he enjoys supporting Muse a bit more when I see them next month!!

Funnily enough I saw Muse do pretty much the same thing at a Big Weekend when they were a new band. 
    I was one of the few people in the audience who would have been up for seeing a rock band and I came away thinking they were a bit lame.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    A sycophantic record company exec will be telling them right now that any publicity is good publicity! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    dindude said:
    A sycophantic record company exec will be telling them right now that any publicity is good publicity! 
    “You can’t sing, you can’t play, you look awful.  You’ll go all the way lads!”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I saw them as a support band when they first came out and it was brilliant. Years later I saw them again and all I could think was wow this is up it's own arse, they've gone full on "you can't touch me I'm a rock star".
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    munckee said:
    dindude said:
    I fancy a KitKat now ;-/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    Rock band with a bit of attitude for a change.  I like it.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    More of a noisy pop duo really. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Oh dear 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    Knobheads
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 164
    Incredibly misguided to think that they’d have crossover appeal with the other acts. That said though, just grin and bear it and get through. Not like it’s a charity gig, so probably got a fair chunk of change for doing it. 

Whilst the general indifference of the crowd wouldn’t have been all that pleasant, you have to think that any of the pop acts performing at say, Download, would have had it worse and considerably more piss-bottlely. 

Daphne and Celeste spring to mind.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Think yourselves lucky….I had to sit through an hour of my Daughter singing along with Den’s (from Auf Wiedersehen Petl) offspring’s little band the 1900 & 75 or whatever they’re called…talk about all the gear no idea…..he started playing some great little acoustic number then stopped playing (probably to swig from the pretentious bottle of wine) but the lovely acoustic sound continued. I then noticed a real musician (complete with hipster beard) in the far distance actually doing all the heavy lifting….when Matty (Den from Auf Wiedesehen Pet’s Son) finally did play a lovely red Strat, it sounded….well let’s just say that I ain’t that bad after all….. :#
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited May 2023
    It's the most I've heard anyone talking about them in years - mission accomplished! 

Is their new album any good? (EDIT - album not out yet but single came out 4 days ago. Great marketing!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    bobacco said:
    Incredibly misguided to think that they’d have crossover appeal with the other acts. That said though, just grin and bear it and get through. Not like it’s a charity gig, so probably got a fair chunk of change for doing it. 

Whilst the general indifference of the crowd wouldn’t have been all that pleasant, you have to think that any of the pop acts performing at say, Download, would have had it worse and considerably more piss-bottlely. 
    Chas n Dave went down a storm at Sonisphere!
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    tone1 said:
    Think yourselves lucky….I had to sit through an hour of my Daughter singing along with Den’s (from Auf Wiedersehen Petl) offspring’s little band the 1900 & 75 or whatever they’re called…talk about all the gear no idea…..he started playing some great little acoustic number then stopped playing (probably to swig from the pretentious bottle of wine) but the lovely acoustic sound continued. I then noticed a real musician (complete with hipster beard) in the far distance actually doing all the heavy lifting….when Matty (Den from Auf Wiedesehen Pet’s Son) finally did play a lovely red Strat, it sounded….well let’s just say that I ain’t that bad after all….. :#
    But there again, Matty is banging Taylor Swift. The world’s just not fair sometimes….
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 164
    bobacco said:

Chas n Dave went down a storm at Sonisphere!
    And rightly so! 

• theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 961
    Never understood why people liked them anyway. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    Well in most of our worlds on here a faint applause gig is a paid rehearsal. I'm not a fan of them or dislike them but I find this kind of behaviour a bit rookie ... and they have been doing it too long for rookie behaviour so it's a bit cringy IMO
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    munckee said:
    dindude said:
    Lol, my best man at my wedding was the 'table'  drummer in that classic ad  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    tone1 said:
    That’s living, alright.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter