Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I'm in a band again! 2023 UPDATE: We're doing the BOTB again... Ongoing bloggy updates in progress… - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I'm in a band again! 2023 UPDATE: We're doing the BOTB again... Ongoing bloggy updates in progress…

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Time to break out the Han Solo strides again... 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyO said:
    Time to break out the Han Solo strides again... 
    Mate, it was a long time ago but if I still fitted in that shirt I 100% would!! 

Might have to make a new one in “L”! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Great job, you must be well chuffed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Full set will take a while but here’s another mobile clip of the one guitar solo.. :D 

https://youtu.be/dCVg0EXwIa4
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Full set will take a while but here’s another mobile clip of the one guitar solo.. :D 

Excellent work sir

Excellent work sir
    Thank you very much! 
  • Pics! 

Vids are processing on YouTube. Won't be long now :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Well done Sticky!!  :)

Excellent work sir
    Playing? Great
    Sound? Great
    Being in the moment and giving it some? Absolutely spot on.

Exactly what live music is all about.
    LOVE it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @RocknRollDave Cheers - I really appreciate the kind words. It's exactly what I told everyone from day 1 - we should aim for note perfect, but that isn't what takes a band over the edge. It's all about the flow of the set and the vibe and attitude of the entire unit. If you give it 100% and the rest is 90%+ then the crowd will come with you and everything will be amazing :) 

We definitely weren't perfect - I dropped a beat on the intro of the last song cos I couldn't hear the bass drum :s - but no-one gave a shit by that point :D 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited November 2022
    Videos are here for anyone still reading! 

Yes we know Urmika's mic was mixed too low. Yes I fluffed the bloody riff in the Killers song cos I couldn't hear the drums. I don't care :P 

First up is the Motown section: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s36kFMDzKm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5MPrKV8UcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaHNpptFSo4
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • All These Things That I've Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVt7DdIhiuE
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bumping for the Monday afternoon/evening crowd and because not one of you bastards has wowed the videos! 

Say something - you're killing me!! :D 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
    I'm in awe. Much wow bestowed.
  • Chuffola said:
    lol I can't even tell if you're joking now. 

But cheers anyway :)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    You know what, Sticky? That looks to me like you were REALLY having fun"!

• You know what, Sticky? That looks to me like you were REALLY having fun"!
    Honestly the best thing I've done in 10 years. I should never had stopped.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
    Chuffola said:
    lol I can't even tell if you're joking now. 

But cheers anyway :)
    Haha - I can see how it might read that way but I'm not joking. As Chilli says, you look like you had a ball - all the band - and the setlist and energy is superb. 

I haven't played in anger with people in about 30 years. Watching those vids makes me really miss it. 

Anyway, no sarcasm. The WOWs are genuine!!
  • Looks great!

I'm genuinely jealous. I miss gigging. Its been too long. 
  • Looks great!

I'm genuinely jealous. I miss gigging. Its been too long. 
    I highly recommend it. I had similar conversations with other bands over the night - noone could be believe I'd stopped for this long. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    I'm getting itchy feet now!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm getting itchy feet now!
    Me too - it's been 6 days since I played with others. I can't bear it!! 
  • The good news is some of us are meeting for lunch tomorrow and discussing next steps. At least 4/5 of us are 100% committed to doing more 
  • You put that together in two months?  Nice one!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• You put that together in two months?  Nice one!
    Yup. Cheers! I am really stupidly proud of myself for getting it done and these 6 muppets for sticking with me. Massive props also go to Gemma (in orange) as it was her idea and she's a frickin superstar of a band leader - I couldn't have done it without her.
  • Well this is a nice place to play. A bit windy but otherwise awesome :D 

• Good gig! Incredible windy and no alcohol(?) for attendees so the crowd was maybe a little more subdued than they would've  otherwise been but we played great and went down very well. 

A handful of minor fuckups (mostly not from me!) but nothing as major as the point mid-set where literally all the power went off. No sound, no lights, no nothing. Thankfully the AV guys got it sorted within about 2 minutes and we were back & running. 
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    It looks like somewhere warm and sunny - not Stockport then?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter