Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Controversial viewpoint...live music is becoming dull - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Controversial viewpoint...live music is becoming dull

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    Went to a gig tonight. £11 ticket, 2 local bands plus one international touring band. Even though the music wasn't all to my usual taste I f**king loved the vibe and it rejuvenated my interest in live music. More of that please.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    edited September 2022
    I appreciate bands have to be good and rehearsed, but I want to feel like I'm there with them, not just watching on TV and them performing a routine.
    ^^^ This. My benchmark for a great gig was Rory Gallagher.  No frills, no stupid costumes, minimal gear, hardly even a lighting rig. Just three guys playing their asses off, to the point of sweat and exhaustion.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    no one wants to see 20 mins of blues wank "jamming" at a live show. DO that shit at home or in rehearsal. I want to see something actually good. 
    I'm only in it for the wanking. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter