Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    This is me for tonight (plus a cab, and a clip-on tuner in my pocket just in case).

The dangling power plug is a 'spare' 9v in case there's a problem with the main PSU for the Quilter, although it's definitely a far superior amp on the 24v supply.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    https://i.imgur.com/g0CS9My.jpg

This was just for a comparison of my trusty Boss overdrives, it’s really for a minimalist bass setup for messing about with.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • solarsolar Frets: 157
    Finally put a small board together for an upcoming jam/possible band/project.

The Echo Master is still a "maybe".. we haven't decided whether we're going to be instrumental or not yet :lol: 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    solar said:

The Echo Master is still a "maybe".. we haven't decided whether we're going to be instrumental or not yet :lol: 

Maaaan, I wanna hear that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    solar said:

We really should have a FtB gear fest one year so we can hear these live.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Neilybob said:
    solar said:

We really should have a FtB gear fest one year so we can hear these live.  
    We used to smaller GearJams in between the music-focussed Swin-Jams 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Current Nano/Tick sized board:

Fab blues / jam sounds. 

And my "big" board (may drop the mini Crybaby and use the BBE wah offboard)

"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Very nice indeedy @TimmyO ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • solar said:

Is the Death by Audio the distorted delay that Jack White used live on last year's tour? If so, that's a crazy sounding thing!

• Many iterations have come and gone since the last time I posted on this thread, but, after recent acquisitions from this parish, I finally have a board that seems to make all the sounds I want.  It also has simple pedals to stop me from my incessant knob twiddling habit :o

The cream coloured pedal is a "Champ Amp Emulator" from websmurfer/otalgia fx on ebay.  It's an electra distortion, but unclear if actually a clone of anything specific.  Gives some great growl to the lower mids, doesn't sound muddy to me.  The Dopefx Bone Dancer, is a clean boost - I wrote to the guy behind dopefx and he said it is an old clone of an LPB-1. 
    I leave the Champ Emulator and the Boost on  and find that I can control the amount of dirt with my volume knob.  The script Phase 90 is just lovely, and the Verb o' Trem (only just joined the crew yesterday) is both simple and versatile.

Happy camper! Could it be I'm finally done?? Doubt it...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Many iterations have come and gone since the last time I posted on this thread, but, after recent acquisitions from this parish, I finally have a board that seems to make all the sounds I want.  It also has simple pedals to stop me from my incessant knob twiddling habit :o

The cream coloured pedal is a "Champ Amp Emulator" from websmurfer/otalgia fx on ebay.  It's an electra distortion, but unclear if actually a clone of anything specific.  Gives some great growl to the lower mids, doesn't sound muddy to me.  The Dopefx Bone Dancer, is a clean boost - I wrote to the guy behind dopefx and he said it is an old clone of an LPB-1. 
    I leave the Champ Emulator and the Boost on  and find that I can control the amount of dirt with my volume knob.  The script Phase 90 is just lovely, and the Verb o' Trem (only just joined the crew yesterday) is both simple and versatile.

Happy camper! Could it be I'm finally done?? Doubt it...

Nice
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Downsizing guitars amps, everything!

Large board has gone from this:

To this:

Big fan of the Supro delay and the Secret Pre.  What are your thoughts on the Blackstone?
    Th4fonz said:
    Great tone making options here! Covers a lot of bases. Not a fan of reverb or is it built into the amp? 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    @Greatape it's great. Coloured and most amp like of anything I've heard, kinda like an Origin revival drive in that sense. Very smooth high end. I love putting a treble booster in front. 
    @Neilybob I love reverb but yes it’s built into my amp.  A Toneking Imperial mk2
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    @Greatape it's great. Coloured and most amp like of anything I've heard, kinda like an Origin revival drive in that sense. Very smooth high end. I love putting a treble booster in front. 
    Awesome. I'd love ot try one sometime. 

Question about the Supro - do you find that a) it can get noisy at high filter settings and b) you have to be careful with the repeats else it descends into self-oscillation? (I love the sound of it, though - it has a real 3-D presence)
    Greatape said:
    Awesome. I'd love ot try one sometime. 

Question about the Supro - do you find that a) it can get noisy at high filter settings and b) you have to be careful with the repeats else it descends into self-oscillation? (I love the sound of it, though - it has a real 3-D presence)
    Mine's not particularly noisy although some have complained about noise. 12o clock is still brighter than a DM2 so I can't expect no noise pushing the brightness. Never used it with repeats that high or had self oscillation issues.

• solarsolar Frets: 157
    solar said:

Is the Death by Audio the distorted delay that Jack White used live on last year's tour? If so, that's a crazy sounding thing!

You mean the big blue one at the top? No, it’s an Echo Master, a vocal delay with XLR in and out.
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 111
    Th4fonz said:
    What interconnects are you using here? I’m trying to go from a Metro 16 to a Nano+ at the moment, and all my plans that look lovely on Pedal Playground get scuppered due to cable width. This looks much tighter than I’ve managed to achieve. 
    Alexlotl said:
    Th4fonz said:
    What interconnects are you using here? I’m trying to go from a Metro 16 to a Nano+ at the moment, and all my plans that look lovely on Pedal Playground get scuppered due to cable width. This looks much tighter than I’ve managed to achieve. 
    @Alexlotl Im using the EBS pg10 gold patch cables here with a Cioks dc7 underneath.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have a Blackstone too - it's really VERY good isn't it. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Can it play nicely with a fuzz face? The website schtick makes it sound like it would be an impedance nightmare. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    Can it play nicely with a fuzz face? The website schtick makes it sound like it would be an impedance nightmare. 
    Before or after? I 've run a fuzzface (needs to be bright-ish though) in front, into the low gain channel) and you can get a super compressed killer ZZtop type tone like that.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Cool yeah my fuzz is always first. Might have to try one soon. Cheers. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Rod.DRod.D Frets: 4
    edited August 2023
    I have been experimenting with battery powered small boards using the pedaltrain nano 

https://imgur.com/a/vuVqDbi
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    +1 for the Blackstone love. Highly underrated. Haven't tried it with a fuzz face but I think Blackstone over-egg the impedance thing on the blurb. I've run it after other pedals and it's just fine imo 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • solar said:
    solar said:

You mean the big blue one at the top? No, it’s an Echo Master, a vocal delay with XLR in and out.
    Yes that's what he uses on his mic stand, his is black though that's why i was checking

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    edited August 2023
    Everything I need for my limited gigging.

• DanDan Frets: 429
    Hopefully a Pedaltrain Metro 16 counts as small?