Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• enjoenjo Frets: 201
    Greatape said:
    The Mooer stuff is great - well,some of it. I have and rotate in the Black Secret, Yellow comp, Reecho, Blues Mood, E-lady.

Mini fuzzes, though: what's good? 
    There is a lot of variety in types of fuzzes.
    I love my Golden Fleece (seen above in purple) - I tend to like more fuzz face style fuzzes rather than big muff style fuzzes FWIW.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Never tried one but I know Mosky do one called “Mini Muff” 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Just built this mini board - it has to be the nuttiest board I've ever put together!

This is actually an auxiliary board for use in my Bowie tribute. There is no space for either of these pedals on my big fuck-off board. I used to run a spare 9V power lead from it to the AC-3, but now I need to use the Swarm too. The board itself is made from an old baking tray (with Mrs Keefy's permission) and a piece of foam rubber mat fixed in place with rubber solution glue. The cutouts hold the pedals and PSU components (including DIY regulated 9V supply) quite snugly. The whole lot stows in a laptop bag.

That swarm pedal is completely bonkers! 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    TimmyO said:
    That swarm pedal is completely bonkers! 
    Yes. Yes it is.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808

Pedal bored.

A bit of an epic thread this, but bare with me.

I have been building mini boards for a while, having found a few good pedals that do what I want, trying to distill them down to the bare minimum, and it usually gets out of hand, trying to fit something new in.

My gigging days are over for now ( work commitments ) and for the gig I relied on a Marshall Code 50 , presets, the footswitch for convenience, and it got the job done.

I used a Metro 16 to carry the Code footswitch, and I had a Tech 21 FR5 on there for a direct to PA backup in case the amp went down mid gig ( happened once, but then I was carrying a Katana 100 as backup ).

This latest creation has been brewing in my mind for a lot longer than it took to put together, I give you, ‘The Motherboard’

Green light is for go.

Basically it is the same Metro 16, re-done with a newly acquired Gigrig QM4x, purchased from the classifieds here ( Thanks @Louis_LLM ), and a different Flyrig, the RK5.

The idea is this, the signal goes Guitar > tuner > ABY, 

then A goes >QM4x>( loop 1, loop 2, loop 3, loop 4 ) > channel 1 of Supro Black Magick,

and then B either goes > RK5 > DI / PA, or RK5 > channel 2 of Supro Black Magick, switched by the ABY..

It should work in theory, and I now have to make up ( or, more likely buy ) some neat cables to wire up the loops, which will all be populated by my earlier ‘small board creations’ which look quite neat here, and will each take a place in one of the QM4x loops.

In reality, I probably will never have them all connected at the same time, but I do like the simplicity and flexibility it will give me.

This board, the 'Coffin',  gets switched around quite a lot, and is currently housing a small collection of my own builds and a few Juansolos, plus others, and it all runs ( for a while ) off a single 9v rechargeable, via a couple of daisy chains, but there are spare power outlets from the Cioks under the motherboard, which is really only powering the RK5 and the tuner plus a couple of LEDs on the ABY and the QM4x.

Typically, the only one not wired in the chain for power, is the Dirty Girl, which has a flat battery, due to some idiot leaving it in the signal path- with a brand new Duracell installed…..

This board, mounted on rosewood for the TONE, is mostly my own builds of a few favorites, especially the Fuzzdog Blue Fool in the middle- a lot of fun. All running of a 9v

And this board, on a piece of walnut, again for the tone, is my last effort, with a couple of my absolute must haves, a Fuzzdog Klone, and a Fuzzdog Angry Andy, which are really the only 2 pedals I use all the time, and both are repeated on the other boards, I just like this one for its cuteness, again powered by a single 9v rechargeable.

Originally, my plan was to start with a blank slate, but everybody knows plywood has no tonal benefits.

And  that would have involved getting a new power supply, cables etc, and it would have been hard to decide how to populate the loops, and nothing seems to stay static with my pedals anyway - always want to try something out.

At least I have no need for a Xmas tree this year.

I think they all look pretty good laid out like this, and I have got a WAH on in place of the EVH which I might use occasionally, and also the switcher is on there for the reverb and tremolo on the Supro, which sound amazing so no need for pedals there.

As the title said, I was feeling a bit bored, so I decided to spend a little time doing this post, and I can’t wait to fire it all up.

PS, for anyone thinking ‘ whats in the box???’

Chaos awaits, but heres a look anyway.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Wow
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    TimmyO said:
    Wow
    Thanks,
    Just had a quiet test run with the RK5 and QM4x running into both channels of my Supro, switched by the ABY, thats goodness already.
    RK5 is better than I remembered, delay is amazing, and OMG channel is---OMG, and it has a boost too.
    Pleasantly surprised how good the blend of the 2 channels sound when Y is selected, didn't really expect that, and it will get really interesting when I can use the other mini boards in the loops, with the flip-flop function on the QM4.
    Happy something turned out as expected for once.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    TimmyO said:
    I’ve always found the subject of small boards oddly fascinating 
    Me too, not sure why. They're just satisfying to look at and it appeals to my minimalist/organised/overly analytic mind :) I like to see how people get a lot out of a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Finally got a pedalboard, it was quite inexpensive and has a power supply built in. I was dubious about it, expecting hum/buzzing etc but it's actually proved to be exceptionally quiet. I demoed a bunch of mini tremolo pedals but none of them came close to the EBS. I might lose the Pigtronix Disnortion; it's a good pedal for a blend of dist/od but I've never really got on with distortion (I like it when other people use it but whenever I do, I find myself turning it off and thinking 'that's better') and for the very few occasions when I do want it the comp has a grit control which is okay(ish).

• JezWynd said:
    Finally got a pedalboard, it was quite inexpensive and has a power supply built in. 
    What board is that? Interested.
    edited November 2022
    JezWynd said:
    Finally got a pedalboard, it was quite inexpensive and has a power supply built in. 
    What board is that? Interested.
    It's called an Aklot. Got it via Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09PN3FSJW
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    JezWynd said:
    Finally got a pedalboard, it was quite inexpensive and has a power supply built in. I was dubious about it, expecting hum/buzzing etc but it's actually proved to be exceptionally quiet. I demoed a bunch of mini tremolo pedals but none of them came close to the EBS. I might lose the Pigtronix Disnortion; it's a good pedal for a blend of dist/od but I've never really got on with distortion (I like it when other people use it but whenever I do, I find myself turning it off and thinking 'that's better') and for the very few occasions when I do want it the comp has a grit control which is okay(ish).

Cool. What's the brand of board?
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    enjo said:
    Greatape said:
    The Mooer stuff is great - well,some of it. I have and rotate in the Black Secret, Yellow comp, Reecho, Blues Mood, E-lady.

Mini fuzzes, though: what's good? 
    There is a lot of variety in types of fuzzes.
    I love my Golden Fleece (seen above in purple) - I tend to like more fuzz face style fuzzes rather than big muff style fuzzes FWIW.
    Yep, am.also a fuzzfacer. Ta
    Greatape said:
    JezWynd said:

Cool. What's the brand of board?
    See above your post, there’s link.
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 117
    Into a fully loaded Lazy J J20. Sometimes I swap the Astrotone out for another kind of fuzz and the Cruiser out for a Broadcaster, but this has stayed relatively constant for a while now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mo6020 said:
    Into a fully loaded Lazy J J20. Sometimes I swap the Astrotone out for another kind of fuzz and the Cruiser out for a Broadcaster, but this has stayed relatively constant for a while now.

Oof. Very cool. 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    The white dual pedal is a Rafferty Blues Screamer - Mk1 BB on the left and TS808 on the right, and the Surfy pedal allows a second (lower) mix level on the Surfy Bear classic reverb tank sitting on top of the amp (and which is bigger than this board…)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• Delta ii trem in place of a vibe and a vector for some swiss army use.
    LS is after the delay.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

LS is after the delay.
    Looks great, remind me what the first pedal is again?

LS is after the delay.
    DIY build with a Clark Gainster (mad bean egghead) into an ODR-1 (Aion andromeda)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

LS is after the delay.
    DIY build with a Clark Gainster (mad bean egghead) into an ODR-1 (Aion andromeda)

Looks ace! 
  • ghadghad Frets: 35
    Behold this small but mighty quartet! It's small - built on a PT Nano, it's mighty - 7 presets and full stereo, but more importantly, it's finished.

Pedals have come and gone to challenge the ones you see here, but these four have held strong. Some that didn't make the cut were a Flint, CE-2, EHX memory man 550, tube screamers of various types, royal blue OD, sweet honey OD, and many more, but nothing's changed for 6 months - does that make me a pedal GAS survivor?

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    Very mini indeed, the Marcus D’luxe boards are really nice for home

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • All mini or nano stuff…

• CFHCFH Frets: 437
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited December 2022
    As I think I've said before, I love tinkering with ideas for small boards.

Here's the latest tinkering on a Pedaltrain Nano:

Tuner, 2 drive options, modulation, boost and tap-delay on a Nano - quite pleased with that! It's at the limit of usability/space imo

Also, I managed to find a used D'Addario XPND 1 which I'd fancied testing out since they were launched - here's a booteek-y test build on one expanded to its girthiest:

• CFH said:
    Yes, LOVE IT !!!
    ghad said:
    Behold this small but mighty quartet! It's small - built on a PT Nano, it's mighty - 7 presets and full stereo, but more importantly, it's finished.

Pedals have come and gone to challenge the ones you see here, but these four have held strong. Some that didn't make the cut were a Flint, CE-2, EHX memory man 550, tube screamers of various types, royal blue OD, sweet honey OD, and many more, but nothing's changed for 6 months - does that make me a pedal GAS survivor?

I like this a lot. 
  • pics never work for me!

Tonight's gig is a bit of a weird setup. 2 amps. Carr Rambler and Victoria 5112.

Dunlop mini wah > mini polytune > Fredrick Klone > thorpy heavy water > memoryan with Moog expression pedal > RC boost.

That goes into gigrig humdinger, with an MXR phase 90 feeding the Victoria